• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
I was just thinking...

How would you feel if they included Missingno in the game, as an actual new pokemon?

I think I would nerd out like crazy...I wouldn't be against it but it would be interesting how they would do it. I've always thought it would be an amazing nod to the past of pokemon.

It's silly but I can't help but feel uncomfortable about Missingno...even if it was just a glitch....it obviously became so much more than that.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I severely doubt that Missingno is going to be popping up in these games. It just doesn't really make sense to add in, nor is it really a "valid" Pokémon. For the nostalgia factor it'd be funny to see it pop up somewhere, or referenced, but as an actual Pokémon no thank you =P

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
I severely doubt that Missingno is going to be popping up in these games. It just doesn't really make sense to add in

I would argue that no pokemon really makes sense to add in, but they get added anyway because gamefreak want to see it happen. If they did add Missingno I could see it being a Ghost/Fairy type. (if fairy was included) Not fairy as in cutesy, fairy as in mystical or abnormal.

(After all you could say it makes sense for gamefreak to add a dolphin pokemon...but despite that they haven't done so yet)

I always find it sad to see people just reject it like that. I guess missingno really gets my creative mind going.

It seems Missingno really is missing, and always will be. Doesn't that seem tragic? :(

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
Missingno is some kind of Bird pokemon tho. He was Bird/Normal, making it the first Pokemon to be Normal as secondary type even before Helioptile, in Yellow he was Normal/999 tho.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
Missingno is some kind of Bird pokemon tho. He was Bird/Normal, making it the first Pokemon to be Normal as secondary type even before Helioptile, in Yellow he was Normal/999 tho.

Maybe Missingno's quirk could be that it could be caught as any type. So you could catch a Bug type Missingno or a fire type Missingno. It would always be singly typed, so no dual typing.

It would add extra mystery to Missingno because you could then presume that Missingno was actually a bunch of different pokemon that have glitched into the one entity.

It would be different from Arceus in that it wouldn't be able to change type, so they would all be seperate entities.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Missingno was never a Pokemon. It was a glitch that existed with Gamefreak pulling out data last minute and not cleaning the games up. It didn't carry into Gen 2 or anything after that.

Bird type was the original coding for Flying type too if I recall. Missingno either was was never a Pokemon. Same glitch could be done to catch glitched versions of Gym Leaders and various random Pokemon, as well as unlock the Safari Zone Pokemon outside of the Safari Zone.

I ended up catching Blaine using that Glitch, he later evolved into a Charmander.

Either way, it was glitched data that was never supposed to exist. Many things have been removed from the games permanently since then, so I doubt Gamefreak ever intends to bring those back.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
The way I see it coming back is as an unglitched easter egg gimmicky Pokémon...which tbh would scare me if I saw it, I'll probably turn off the game, expecting it to glitch.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
Missingno was never a Pokemon. It was a glitch that existed with Gamefreak pulling out data last minute and not cleaning the games up. It didn't carry into Gen 2 or anything after that.

Bird type was the original coding for Flying type too if I recall. Missingno either was was never a Pokemon. Same glitch could be done to catch glitched versions of Gym Leaders and various random Pokemon, as well as unlock the Safari Zone Pokemon outside of the Safari Zone.

I ended up catching Blaine using that Glitch, he later evolved into a Charmander.

Either way, it was glitched data that was never supposed to exist. Many things have been removed from the games permanently since then, so I doubt Gamefreak ever intends to bring those back.

Would been great to have a pokemon based on a glitch like MissingNo.

pokerex

I'm awesome
Years
This~! I think it's kind of high time for Gamefreak to at least make a Missingno-ish Pokemon. And make the stats really unusual too, though I can't figure out an awkward stat spread for it to have haha. @__@;; Make it like super weak or something, like 0/0/0/0/0/0 and have this super awesome ability or something. xD;

Its stats could be 0/0/0/0/0/0, and then it could have an ability that it always has the same stat as its opponent. that would be interesting

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
Well MissingNo pokemon could be like the Ditto of gen 6, Gen 3 had like 2 Ditto pokemon ( Castform and Kekcleon ), Gen 4 had Rotom, you could count Porygon with his ability to copy the abilities too. I'm sure it will have those kind of abilities.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years

Weren't combos in SF2 originally a glitch but were kept in future installments and other fighting games because people loved it? The same thing can be said about Missingno., as many people loved it, so Game Freak may consider turning it into an official pokemon as this gen's #000, like Victini, to pay tribute and attract older fans who stopped after Yellow or during Gen 2.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
Years
To be fair, Mew was originally not meant to be accessible at all, and it was only because of the glitch that let you encounter it that they eventually made it an official Pokémon.
But the difference is that while both were accessible due to glitches, Mew was an actual, coded-in Pokémon, while MissingNo. was and is still just a wacky glitch.
It's not the glitch that enabled Mew to be caught that was kept in future games. It was Mew as a Pokémon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back