• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
If true, means starters can be Grass/rock, Fire/Psychic, and Water/Flying.

To me, this makes Fenniken the weakest. Three best Fire Starters are all Fire/Fighting and Fire/Psychic can't really take a Stealth Rock. Pitted with possible stat ruining and with possibility of both Froakie and Chespin having evolution type advantage over it...It's a repeat of Snivy. Pray its a Special Attack oriented Fire Type.

I thought you said GF never cares about Smogon's metagame and only their own metagame, yet you're worrying about Fennekin's typing for Smogon's metagame. Emboar shows that because Fire/Fighting is a good combo doesn't mean it'll automatically be good (its status in RU really isn't as achieving as anyone thinks).

Serebii is saying a trailer was featured for Pokemon X & Y during a special preview for the new movie. Apparentely a new pokemon was featured in it called Aulotte/Orotto. Sounds interesting.

Serebii said it looks similar to Beeheeyem....

Did anyone else think Audino when they saw the name? It's probably just coincidence....

No, it didn't remind me of Audino at first, and it sounds like Aulotte may be a split evo of Beeheeyem? Did Serebii also mentioned its typing?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I thought you said GF never cares about Smogon's metagame and only their own metagame, yet you're worrying about Fennekin's typing for Smogon's metagame. Emboar shows that because Fire/Fighting is a good combo doesn't mean it'll automatically be good (its status in RU really isn't as achieving as anyone thinks).

They don't care about Smogon's meta. Try reading a post carefully before criticizing. Yes I am making comments about our metagame because Gamefreak is most likely going to design Fennekin for there own veiws on how it should be. That means for our meta fennekin is going to suck. Just because I'm talking about one meta doesn't mean Gamefreak cares about another.

Emboar is STILL better than both Charizard and Typhlosion who are rotting in NU. Fennekin's type can easily slap it in NU along with those two. If its a physical attacker its going to just plain suck.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I honestly want Fennekin to be a none Fire/Fighting and have at least the stats of a generation 3 starter, and a move set as diverse as Swampert's, and I'm fine with it, wouldn't care much about it's tier, I used Serperior in gen 5, I'll use Fennekin evolution in this generation.

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
Does anyone know when we are getting a pic of this new pokemon? Also serebii didn't say anything about it's appearance...

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
Years
Only thing still up in the air are a few smaller rumors like the professors mentioned, though with Trevor taking the role of the Professor and seemingly handing out your Pokedex and Pokemon, is there need of Professor this time?

Maybe this 'Trevor' guy's role is similar to Bianca's from B2W2 (Professor's Assistant?)

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
The X and Y guide is for sale on Amazon, and it guarantees TMs and HMs, and also mentions Super Training and riding Pokémon (doesn't mention Gogoat, so there could be others?). I wonder what Super Training is? It could just be the author's way of fast and efficient training, but it could also be something new.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
The X and Y guide is for sale on Amazon, and it guarantees TMs and HMs, and also mentions Super Training and riding Pokémon (doesn't mention Gogoat, so there could be others?). I wonder what Super Training is? It could just be the author's way of fast and efficient training, but it could also be something new.

The Super Training is probably just the plain battle guide....Like B/W's was supposedly new stuff as well but it was what we already knew. All the same basics plus what was added in B/W. I'm sure the Super Training is just the same basic thing with all of X and Y's new updates like Pokemon-Amie's influence. Maybe a more up to date EV training guide will be in it as well.

Hints on the best ways to use Roller Skates, ride Pokémon, and challenge Gym Leaders!

Why would we need hints on the best way to ride Pokemon if its just preset Pokemon in certain areas? Is there more to riding Pokemon than we thought?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
It probably means where to ride them to find special hidden areas you can only access while riding them.

Like using the acro bike to hop over the white ledges.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Apr 25, 2024
Yeah, it sounds like the guide will tell players where to ride particular Pokemon and what to do with them in that area. Perhaps there is a ramming technique, since Gogoat has those horns. And if players can also ride Rhyhorn, it's possible, since Rhyhorn has that problem with running into everything.

"Super Training" make me think EV training. Since they're supposedly more noticeable, it makes sense that a guide will talk more about them.

And I'll just say it: "Aulotte" reminds me of cheese. But that's because "alouette" is a brand of French-style cheeses here in America. I wonder if "Aulotte", if true, has something to do with the French song about the lark, which is also known as "Alouette."

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years

Super Training will probably refer to EV Training in general, the Facility where EVs are visible.

However, what if there was a building that made EV training TOO easy? Example: Go to the NPC, select speed, battle pokemon for speed EVs. You pay like 5$P$ for each battle. That would be too easy, but the nature of EV Training is repetitive in the fist place.

Powerserge

The Imminent Victor
Years
I agree. I mean....I've actually gotten used to EV Training to the point that it is a bit novel to me now. Making it that easy would make all my previous efforts seem ridiculous, haha.

WolfMirage

"Last Raven"
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 23, 2016
heres a little tid bit i found while looking at pokemon x/y on gamestop:

The cowardly Pokémon Helioptile, a Normal and Electrictype Pokémon, can generate enough electricity through sunbathing to power machinery. But wise Trainers won't be deterred by Helioptile's lack of bravery. It knows Parabolic Charge, a brandnew move where Helioptile attacks everything around it. Helioptile's HP is restored by half the damage taken by those hit.
Fletchling, a Normal and Flyingtype Pokémon, sings with a beautiful chirp that is sure to delight any Trainer. Although it is known to be very friendly, Fletchling will suddenly unleash relentless attacks once it's in battle. For example, when it uses its Firetype move Flame Charge in battle, in addition to doing damage, Fletchling's Speed increases every time.
With a leaf always in its mouth and an intimidating glare that is rarely effective, Fightingtype Pokémon Pancham shows its playful side when it lets out a little smile when its head is pat. Pancham can learn a brandnew move, Parting Shot, which not only lowers an opponent's Attack and Special Attack, but also allows Pancham to switch out for another Pokémon in a Trainer's party during battle.
Pokémon X and Pokémon Y introduce a new method of transportation - riding the brandnew Pokémon, Gogoat. This large Grasstype Pokémon is a reliable way to travel certain parts of Lumiose City. In battle, it can use Horn Leech to recover HP equal to half the damage dealt by this move.

i very highly doubt is false info considering gamestop is a big name company

ps: this is new info to me and not about the pokemon

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
heres a little tid bit i found while looking at pokemon x/y on gamestop:

The cowardly Pokémon Helioptile, a Normal and Electrictype Pokémon, can generate enough electricity through sunbathing to power machinery. But wise Trainers won't be deterred by Helioptile's lack of bravery. It knows Parabolic Charge, a brandnew move where Helioptile attacks everything around it. Helioptile's HP is restored by half the damage taken by those hit.

Wow. Half Damage recovery against 3 pokemon in a double battle, or 5 in a tripple battle could easily Full Heal Helioptile. Depending on it's power.

Cowardly? Aww... I like Helioptile, I don't want mine to grow up cowardly. Must get Bold Nature.
---

WAIT. ----Electric / Normal ? Since when?

WolfMirage

"Last Raven"
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 23, 2016
sorry as i said this is the first time i heard this, i dont visit the offacail site

Draco Razr

Elite Dragon Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2013
6a010535647bf3970b01116898bd5b970c-800wi
images

Meet the Fennec Fox and Fennekin

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
I think everyone at GameFreak gets paid to stare at cute animal pics all day. That is where they get all of these ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back