• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Opinions

Do you like the going's on?

• I love it! It is a fresh start!

Votes: 94 70.7%
  • Yeah, I like it, it's cool.

Votes: 25 18.8%
  • Umm... yeah, it's fine.

Votes: 6 4.5%
  • 2D was for better then THIS!

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Somebody bring me a vomit bag!

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • You are murdering POKEMON!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

atomtanned

Delinquent
Years
  • Seen Oct 17, 2022
Yeah, the battles do look awesome. :P I just want to keep 2D running through the veins of Pokemon, you know? :P

See, I don't know... I loved the style of Link to the Past and couldn't have imagined it in 3D, but when Ocarina of Time came out it blew everyone's mind. It completely changed everything about the series, and once I played it, I never would have wanted it done in 2D. I kind of feel like this game will be similar. Really excited to see what they do in that aspect.

So cool to me too, to watch the series progress... started playing when the games were in black and white and some of the sprites looked practically deformed. Now we've got what looks like a beautiful 3D world with a really dynamic battling system. It's neat :)

Nakala Pri

I suppose, I mean, most of my favorite games are 3D. But Pokemon is different from slicing every single thing in your sight. xD When you walk, it is either clean and enjoyable, or every step is like getting your eyes stabbed with a tooth-pick and you wish you never bought the damn game, haha.

hiff8

Gotta Derp em all
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2015
I'm REALLY REALLY Exited, LookS AAWWEEESSSOOMMEEE, The stuff of dreams, and it's also good to know that there are no votes for that they're ruining pokemon.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Aug 12, 2023
Ya know on the topic of graphics. I'm wondering why the porygon (I mean Polygon) count seems low...considering the time they spent on the games (GF had the 3D kit before BW came out) one would think the models would look less jagged...of course the trailer footage isn't final...

It's not the amount of polygons that cause the jaggedness, it's just the low resolution of the 3DS itself (top screen being 400x240 or 800x240 with 3D effect, and bottom being 320x240). If it were a higher resolution, say 4 times the pixels, 800x480, there'd be less jaggies.

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
Well here's a little from a game informer review on the demo
Speedy Movement: Some past Pokémon games gate your ability to dash, or make you feel sluggish when not riding a bicycle. Pokémon X and Y allow you to break into an ice skating-like dash right away, and it feels liberating.

Riding Pokémon: During my brief time with a game a small, dog-like Pokémon critter wandered a courtyard. I hopped on the critter and took him for a few laps. Not only is this an effective mode of transportation, it's also adorable.

Gorgeous Visuals: This 3DS (and 2DS) title has a colorful, cartoonish, cel-shaded look. During battles the camera zooms in close on Pokémon's faces for a great view of your favorites. These cute creatures now finally move and look like they would in an animated show.

So it seems that we don't worry about slow or bad visuals

Decimosoma

Free to dream, free to smile
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 13, 2014
So far I've no critical complaints about the game just a one-time self-preference dislike: As far it looks to me, the character cast are looking way to childish even for Kids's standards. I would've preferred the character's cast to look more similar to B/W1/2's cast and the Rival(s) looks like they've no upbringing. Did I formulate that right? It's just.. it doesn't really show that they have that something what makes them stand out.

Green/Blue speaks for itself, Silver had that attitude, Brendan had that spark he wasn't standing out though but he was still awesome, Barry had that annoying aspects of himself and Hugh had that rude attitude and pushy aspects of himself and at the same time he got a great heart.
(Not including Wally because I never liked him.)

Maybe i'm quick to judge because we barely know anything about the Rivals's cast, only a few pictures and that's about it.

Years
So far I've no critical complaints about the game just a one-time self-preference dislike: As far it looks to me, the character cast are looking way to childish even for Kids's standards. I would've preferred the character's cast to look more similar to B/W1/2's cast and the Rival(s) looks like they've no upbringing. Did I formulate that right? It's just.. it doesn't really show that they have that something what makes them stand out.

Green/Blue speaks for itself, Silver had that attitude, Brendan had that spark he wasn't standing out though but he was still awesome, Barry had that annoying aspects of himself and Hugh had that rude attitude and pushy aspects of himself and at the same time he got a great heart.
(Not including Wally because I never liked him.)

Maybe i'm quick to judge because we barely know anything about the Rivals's cast, only a few pictures and that's about it.
By what we saw till now I agree with, those rivals look really boring and childish.
Hopefully they have a some interesting past, like Hugh and Silver.

I'm not asking for a complicated storyline, but I really hope to see an interesting one and a bit more deep characters. Fifth gen games were the first games which I like their story, and it made me understand and believe that gamefreak can and even should put more effort in these aspect of the games.

blue

gucci
Years
It's nice to see that the majority of voters (70%) have praised the game so far! There's not really much negatively that I've seen for X and Y yet apart from when the Mega Evolutions were revealed, but that kinda subsided when people grew to love the idea after some time!

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
It's nice to see that the majority of voters (70%) have praised the game so far! There's not really much negatively that I've seen for X and Y yet apart from when the Mega Evolutions were revealed, but that kinda subsided when people grew to love the idea after some time!

Same here! Then again, we don't know nearly as much at this point as we have about other games when there's been roughly a month before their release. Typically by now we'd know more than half the Gym Leaders, maybe some of the Elite Four, and far more Pokemon/locations than we do know. I'm actually glad reveals have been kept to a minimum though; if people are given less time to be scrupulous before the game's release, they're less likely to get the game and have that surprise factor than if they jump into the game and just absorb everything as it comes.

Nakala Pri

I say it's gonna be a huge hit! People everywhere will be bursting into their nearest game shop and demanding X/Y, everyone will be throwing an uproar! Seriously, working at a game shop will make you rich once X/Y comes out. I'm tellin' you guys, it's gonna be huge. c:

Back