• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X,Y or ORAS?

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I actually prefer XY over ORAS. When it comes to ORAS there were a couple instances where the games just seemed unfinished, as opposed to XY. Take the regional symbol for an example: in XY you had the Kalos symbol that specifies where you got the Pokemon from, whereas in ORAS it's just the same ugly Poke Ball symbol that's used for Pokemon from older generations. I also think the camera movement is a lot better in XY than in ORAS, especially in cutscenes. In general XY seemed to utilize camer movement a lot more than ORAS, making the game look more dynamic. XY also had a lot of atmospheric places, like Reflection Cave and Glttering Cave, whereas ORAS, well I suppose the underwater section was kinda nice looking.

Also difficulty: against popular belief, XY actually has quite a bit of challenge, that is if you don't abuse all the things that make you overpowered. A lot of opponent's Pokemon have really good movesets and are able to use them somewhat decently.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    I don't have ORAS yet, but it's probably going to be my favorite. X/Y was super boring in the beginning. I actually quit a couple times. all the cities seem similar, unlike ORAS. ORAS has sootopolis, lilycove, fortree, pacifildog, and don't forget the sheer amount of legendarys. you can get 4 in X/Y and 20 something in ORAS. with trading made so easy, trading for palkia to get giratina isn't that bad.

Kaiyu

Has officially quit PC
    Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2016
    I don't have ORAS yet, but it's probably going to be my favorite. X/Y was super boring in the beginning. I actually quit a couple times. all the cities seem similar, unlike ORAS. ORAS has sootopolis, lilycove, fortree, pacifildog, and don't forget the sheer amount of legendarys. you can get 4 in X/Y and 20 something in ORAS. with trading made so easy, trading for palkia to get giratina isn't that bad.

I've captured all of the legendary Pokémon in Pokémon AS and it was really tough. Well for me it was but probably won't be for you. I think it was really tough for me because of my bad luck. I spent a ton of money on Ultra Balls. I'm so glad my legendary Pokémon hunting is over. I never want to do that again...

User Anon 1848

I had more fun playing through ORAS's story but X&Y left the better overall impression on me and felt far more innovative. The lack of friend safaris, restaurants and most importantly a battle frontier made ORAS lose a lot of points in my book.

ORAS are also the first remakes that I felt didn't quite live up to or surpass the original games. Besides the obvious improvements in graphics of course.

Pond

I'm not cute, I'll mess you up.
    Years
    I actually prefer X&Y, but I think that's only because I replayed RSE so many times throughout the years that ORAS just felt a bit repetitive. Though I do like the fact ORAS fixed a lot of X&Y's mistakes.

Back