• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Pokemon file's dumped, sucuessfully edited

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
  • PokeCheck DOES NOT GENERATE ORININAL POKEMON FILES OR EDIT THEM. (there are other places to make hacks. and this new development will allow those to happen.)

It ONLY reads data on your cartrige and stores it on the site. On the site you can CHECK the IV and EV on you pokemon in an easy to read spread sheet.

You are ONLY allowed to clone YOUR OWN Pokemon IF your cartridge is registered to your account.

You can download other people's Pokemon, but they are MARKED with a Ribbon banning them from WiFi TRADES and BATTLES.

I use PokeCheck to READ MY OWN IVs and BACK-UP (just in case) my pokemon.

Years
  • PokeCheck DOES NOT GENERATE ORININAL POKEMON FILES OR EDIT THEM. (there are other places to make hacks. and this new development will allow those to happen.)

It ONLY reads data on your cartrige and stores it on the site. On the site you can CHECK the IV and EV on you pokemon in an easy to read spread sheet.

You are ONLY allowed to clone YOUR OWN Pokemon IF your cartridge is registered to your account.

You can download other people's Pokemon, but they are MARKED with a Ribbon banning them from WiFi TRADES and BATTLES.

I use PokeCheck to READ MY OWN IVs and BACK-UP (just in case) my pokemon.

Yes, but with this people will find ways to make those pokemon legal probally, so like they might eventually find ways to remove the ribbons that ban them.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
  • A save editor would do that, although it would be a lot harder since X/Y uses nand memory for saves instead of nor memory.

Moist

other in a month When you,
    Years
  • Actually, Pokécheck is a site where you can upload/download Pokémon to/from your games, as well as check legitimacy of Pokémon. It's almost like a public version of Pokémon Bank. You're thinking of Pokésav, which is a computer program.

Oh my... Seems I confused Pokecheck with Pokestation/Pokecheats (Online Pokesav)...

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2014
    I don't cheat, but that's only because I've been breeding and selling perfect IV pokemon since I was 13. I firmly believe the IV system is a load of crap, and it is understandable that people want to get around that. There's no reason why TWO SETS of numbers you cannot see affect the outcome of your pokemon's stats. EVs can be changed at least. But since you can't see IVs, if you EV train your pokemon and then when it gets to 100 and the stats you trained them in are sub-par, IVs say "well I guess you're screwed"

I was hoping they'd abolish the stat changes for IVs and just kept it to determining Hidden Power. It's why I almost don't blame people for using Pokegen in this game, but that line breaks at things like Shiny Celebis and Deoxys with Close Combat.

On the topic of files, I clicked this thread in the hopes of the coding being revealed for X and Y to have a bunch of hidden stuff.

Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2014
    They need to find hidden pokemon and Megas before nintendo and GF finds about this!
    People is reporting this to nintendo already!

Brolijah

Secretly (Not) Active
    Years
  • Hallelujah!! Finally~ I've been looking forward to this! If they can setup the false / crack the GTS for Gen 6, then it'll mean 2 things:
    - PokeCheck for Gen 6 goes up.
    - Other people use the base information and upgrade programs, such as PokeGen.
    I'm not particularly fond of the latter happening, but the former I'm stoked to see happen. I relied on PokeCheck as backup and hack checking, as well as a resource for parents to breed with. Stat checking will also become much more accessible, but stat generating will also grow from there... I do have to say, I'm kinda curious as to what those unknown values are for in the .PKX code are.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    I'd never use pokecheck, but i hope they find the legends, shiny rate, and tipping and strange souvenir's purpose.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
  • Hallelujah!! Finally~ I've been looking forward to this! If they can setup the false / crack the GTS for Gen 6, then it'll mean 2 things:
    - PokeCheck for Gen 6 goes up.
    - Other people use the base information and upgrade programs, such as PokeGen.
    I'm not particularly fond of the latter happening, but the former I'm stoked to see happen. I relied on PokeCheck as backup and hack checking, as well as a resource for parents to breed with. Stat checking will also become much more accessible, but stat generating will also grow from there... I do have to say, I'm kinda curious as to what those unknown values are for in the .PKX code are.

The second isn't a possibility, at least for a lot of players. X/Y don't have a seperate save chip - It's all on a single nand chip. If you have a physical copy you'd have to dump the cart, extract the save data, decrypt, modify the data, recrypt, replace the save data, and then reflash the cart.

Easier for digital copies though - The save is stored on the sd card (I think?).

Tailsko

I am become death.
    Years
  • If it's possible with the digital copies. Then one could trade it to a friend and have that friend trade it to the retail copy or figure out when Pokemon Bank comes out in December, intercept the PKX file and send a hacked one back to 6th gen.

Years
  • Breeding in gen 6 has never been much more easier. Why on earth do we need Pokecheck for gen 6? Is it too hard to check on IVs with the Judge? I just hope the RNGng era will stop.

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
    Years
  • The main reason I'm happy with Pokecheck finding this out, is that
    I can now back up the pokemon I've bred. It's better than Pokemon
    Bank, in this sense that, Pokebank stores the Pokemon, rather than
    copying them. So if a glitch happens with the server you lose your
    Pokemon. Whereas Pokecheck, has copies of them, which you can
    then transfer back to your game if something happens to your game.

Last edited:

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • If people want to battle with the "Perfect" Pokemon, they could save themselves a lot of time by using Showdown. They wouldn't have to waste time IV breeding, they could just plug the numbers into a field and be done with it.

That way, WiFi would be exclusive to people playing the game with Legit pokemon and not have to worry about hacks and RNG abused Juggernauts making it impossible to have a fair battle.

Honestly, they easiest way to do this is IGNORE IVs in WiFi battles. EV/IV only exist to make each Pokemon unique from others of the same species. NOT to give unfair advantage to Players.

Games are more fun when winning is decided by Choices, not randomized hidden values.

(that being said, I do breed for IVs, but I would be all in favor of abandoning the whole idea of IVs.)

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2014
    I hope this does not affect online play that much. I really enjoy breeding this gen.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • Even though they would be banned from the gts and competive, it would still affect them.

Would make breeding a lot easier. Natures, abilities, stats... All can be affected by using a hacked parent.

Edit - Wonderguard Spiritomb is a wimp. He's easy to kill.

Not only that, but he's weak to Fairy moves now :P

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    To those complaining that hacked Pokémon make breeding of legit. overpowered Pokémon too easy:

I see your complaint and raise it by a perfect Japanese Ditto holding a Destiny Knot.

HUF_DBC

I'm still confused how this works, could we send Gen 2 pokemon like cyndaquil to our 3ds or is it entirely different?

Back