• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 25, 2014
1.1) You don't technically need a Ditto for breeding at all unless the other Pokémon is either male or genderless.

1.2) If possible both Pokémon should have at least a few perfect IVs.

1.3) A Destiny Knot is an item that passes 5 random IVs (2 from one parent 3 from another) down to the Pokémon you're hatching. Just give to one of the parents (doesn't matter which one) to hold.

1.4) Most natures raise one stat by 10% and lowers anothe 10% (for example an adamant nature raise attack and lowers special attack) and few don't affect stats at all. Natures are passed down from whichever parent is holding an Everstone. If you're breeding an Eevee to evolve into Jolteon like you said I'd reccomend either a modest or timid nature.

2.1) Normal-type Friend Safaris may have Ditto but not all of them do.

3.2) It doesn't make a differance if you trade with a game that's in another language.

I left out the parts that I can't help you with, but I hope what I did say was helpful.

Years
1.1) You don't technically need a Ditto for breeding at all unless the other Pokémon is either male or genderless.

1.2) If possible both Pokémon should have at least a few perfect IVs.

1.3) A Destiny Knot is an item that passes 5 random IVs (2 from one parent 3 from another) down to the Pokémon you're hatching. Just give to one of the parents (doesn't matter which one) to hold.

1.4) Most natures raise one stat by 10% and lowers anothe 10% (for example an adamant nature raise attack and lowers special attack) and few don't affect stats at all. Natures are passed down from whichever parent is holding an Everstone. If you're breeding an Eevee to evolve into Jolteon like you said I'd reccomend either a modest or timid nature.

2.1) Normal-type Friend Safaris may have Ditto but not all of them do.

3.2) It doesn't make a differance if you trade with a game that's in another language.

I left out the parts that I can't help you with, but I hope what I did say was helpful.

Thank you man! ill now go and get the destiny knot and the everstone! and find someone with dittos in safari.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • she/her, they/them
  • Seen yesterday
Hello there!

Ive been away from the pokemon world for 3 generations (stopped in Pokemon Gold, returned in Y) and I'm really lost here, so i have some questions and requests please. I'm sorry if some of this could be covered in an already existing thread, but this forum is so extense that I couldn't find exactly all that I wanted and I decided to cover it all here:

1) Breeding:
1.1) Ditto: How many maxed IV's do my Ditto need to have for succesfully getting a good egg? Do I need it to be totally flawless? or it's ok if it has just one or two maxed IV's? It depends on how many good IV's i want to get?

1.2) The other Pokemon: Is it important that the other Pokemon (that is not Ditto) also have good IV's? or I just have to focus on getting a good Ditto?

1.3) Destiny Knot: What's exactly the Destiny Knot, how to use it (how does it work) and where to find it?

1.4) Natures: I don't understand anything about the natures. If the egg I get is a flawless Eevee but the nature is not adequate for getting a flawless Jolteon for example. Is it already useless?

2) Friend Safari:
2.1) Zone: On which friend safari do i find Ditto?

2.2) Friends (Request): I live in Bolivia and sadly I don't know anyone here playing pokémon (or owning a 3DS at all) so I don't have any zone in friend safari. I was wondering if someone that has the Ditto safari zone could, PLEASE, add me as friend so that I can have better chances of getting a good Ditto.

3) Trading:
3.1) Charity (Request): If anyone is willing to trade and give me a good Ditto would be just sweet. I'm not asking for shiny. Just a Ditto that have more chances of giving me better pokémon. (The best Ditto i've found so far has just Max Special Attack and I've captured LOADS of Dittos. :(

3.2) Region: My Pokémon Y is in spanish. Does it make any difference or problem when trading with someone that has the game in english?

Thank you for your time, hope you can help me at least with the questions and if someone adds me for the safari thingy I'll be very VERY thankful.

Friend code: 2767-0193-6295

Hey there, I've moved your thread into our X/Y Quick Q&A thread.

Fortunately for you, PC has a lot of the resources that will answer your questions.

Your first 3 questions about breeding can be answered by the guide in this thread.

As for your question about Natures, that only matters if you plan to use the Pokemon for some serious battling. Natures have nothing to do with IVs.

You can check out this thread to find people with Ditto Safaris (which only appear in Normal type Safaris and get friends in your 3DS Friend List. You can make a thread in this section or make a post in this thread to get the Ditto you want.

The language your game is set in will not cause problems when interacting with other people.

Hopefully this'll get you started.

Last edited:
Years
Hey there, I've moved your thread into our X/Y Quick Q&A thread.

Fortunately for you, PC has a lot of the resources that will answer your questions.

Your first 3 questions about breeding can be answered by the guide on this thread.

As for your question about Natures, that only matters if you plan to use the Pokemon for some serious battling. Natures have nothing to do with IVs.

The language your game is set in will not cause problems when interacting with other people.

Hopefully this'll get you started.

Thank you very much! and sorry for the inconvenience! Ill read the guide then :)

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
Years
Ok another issue, I use pokebank to clone, I have 3 different games, 2 X's and 1 Y, so I switch between the 3 at times, well today I went in to the bank and got a message (not these exact words) but it said my previous session I used another copy of X or Y and to put in the one with ID 24889 (the ID for my Y game which was the one in the ds) can some one explain why I am getting this message?

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 11, 2014
What's the quickest way to get a Gible egg?

I left my Gible and Ditto at the daycare center about 24 hours ago and I still haven't gotten an egg. Am I doing something wrong, or does it take longer to receive a Gible Egg because it evolves into Garchomp? If it's the latter, how much longer?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 8, 2015
The time it takes to recieve an Egg is not based on time but on how many steps you take in the overworld. Usually cycling up and down the route about three times should get you an Egg of anything that can lay them.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Sep 13, 2014
Gengar Moveset

I've been doing slight research on what moveset I should use with Gengar. Everybody seems to be recommending movesets that are nowhere near the moveset that I had in mind for Gengar. And I mean literally, nowhere near. Recommendations I've seen included: Sludge Bomb, Dreameater and Hypnosis. How much better can that moveset really be than the one I have created below? In Emerald, I was big on Dusclops, and I used a moveset that seemed to always dominate. I wanted to carry over that same moveset with Dusclops, over to Gengar - considering he can learn all of the same moves.
Here is the moveset I used to use with Dusclops and had in mind for Gengar:
- Curse
- Will O Wisp
- Shadow Ball
- Confuse Ray

I'm not 100% sure (as I'm no Pokemon expert) if I can confuse, burn, and afflict with a curse, a target at the same time. But I remember using those 3 moves in great succession nonetheless. Basically, how bad is the moveset? If there were 1 move you would recommend I change, what would it be? In no way would I take away more than 1 of these moves - I like them too much. The one move I am most comfortable in replacing is Confuse Ray. That being said, if you were to make a minor tweak on this moveset, what would it be?

This isn't really for competitive play, although it is something I plan on doing in the future. I'm sure I would get crushed if I ever tried to battle with somebody online. But it is something that I would like to try - and try to get good at - in the future.

Thanks

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
Years
Ok another issue, I use pokebank to clone, I have 3 different games, 2 X's and 1 Y, so I switch between the 3 at times, well today I went in to the bank and got a message (not these exact words) but it said my previous session I used another copy of X or Y and to put in the one with ID 24889 (the ID for my Y game which was the one in the ds) can some one explain why I am getting this message?

Any body having this issue?

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 12, 2016
If you want to keep this set, I recoment replacing SB with Hex, which will have a 130 BP when the opponent is burnt. And yes, those other three moves stack.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Sep 13, 2014
If you want to keep this set, I recoment replacing SB with Hex, which will have a 130 BP when the opponent is burnt. And yes, those other three moves stack.

Thanks for the input. I'll likely put that into high consideration once I hit level 55. Good to know the other 3 moves can be stacked.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Dec 8, 2016
shiny breeding question

Could one grab 5 eggs, hatch them and if non are shiny reset the game without saving and repeat till the shiny appears?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 13, 2014
please help

Hello, I'm new is at Pokémon again. I know how to breed hidden moves and hidden abilities, but everyone is saying how easy it is to pick up shinys can someone help me out on how to do this, I can some what chain in grass but not water... please help

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
Years
so even though u don't pick it up yet, its iv's and shininess are determined? thanks for the response

I am going to have to say that if you save before picking up the egg, all will be different, but I only say that as this is how I would breed for shinys and such in 4th and 5th, not completely sure about 6th as I have not started in this gen. yet.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Dec 8, 2016
this is what i keep reading on conflicting views, this is what i will do, i will gather and hatch 5eggs, go the judge and then reset if there is no shiny, and let u know if anything changes.

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
Years
this is what i keep reading on conflicting views, this is what i will do, i will gather and hatch 5eggs, go the judge and then reset if there is no shiny, and let u know if anything changes.

Yes do that please, since I already have the shiny charm, I would like to start breeding on 6th gen. myself, and to prove that saving before getting the egg works, just save, hatch and check, no need to go to the judge, all that needs to be done id looking at the nature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back