• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Can anyone tell me if there are any Downloadable Battle Tests for the Battle Institute and where to find them? Because the feature is there but theres no way to download any. Or if Gamefreak even has anything planned with that feature?

I did a quick search, but I don't think there's one available. :/

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Can anyone tell me if there are any Downloadable Battle Tests for the Battle Institute and where to find them? Because the feature is there but theres no way to download any. Or if Gamefreak even has anything planned with that feature?

They may have something planned (although since the game has been out for almost a year and they haven't done anything with it is weird. Having said that, they only have two games on the PGL so far anyway, so it may be a LONG term thing. (long, long, LONG term!)) but as of now, there's nothing available: https://www.serebii.net/xy/battleinstitute.shtml

Years
    Which pokemon do i not need to get the shiny charm?

Only the event-exclusive Legendaries - Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Keldeo, Meloetta and Genesect (and I think Diancie as well)

Everything else needs to be registered in the National Dex.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Which pokemon do i not need to get the shiny charm?
    You don't need Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys, Arceus, Darkrai, Shaymin, Manaphy, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect, Victini, Diancie, Hoopa, and Volcanion, iirc.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Is it possible for pokemon to be perfect 6IV and not being hacks? I apparently have some perfect 6IV pokes and wonder if they're hacked or not.

It's very possible that 6-IV Pokemon aren't hacked because they were bred extensively for those IVs. Did you consider that Destiny Knot passes down 5 IVs out of the 12 possible IVs of both parents in Gen VI?

Years
    Couple days ago I found a link on this forum to a list of pokemon that are known hacked, but I can't find it anymore.. Does anyone have a link for it or know how I can find it again?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Couple days ago I found a link on this forum to a list of pokemon that are known hacked, but I can't find it anymore.. Does anyone have a link for it or know how I can find it again?
    I think that this is what you're talking about?

https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=304470#hacklist

Found that in a stickied thread in the Trade Shops sub-section of the Trade Corner. That page also has a general guide on determining if a Pokemon is hacked or not and a few other things.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Is it possible for pokemon to be perfect 6IV and not being hacks? I apparently have some perfect 6IV pokes and wonder if they're hacked or not.

I have probably a dozen pokemon that are 6IV that I bred myself and I wasn't even trying (was just trying for 5IV) so yes, it's very easy to do and is very likely to be perfectly legitimate pokemon. As PlatinumDude said, with the Destiny Knot guaranteeing the passing of 5IVs from both parents, there's only one stat that is random and that has a 1/31 chance of being 31 as well.

Question: Can anyone tell me how the egg probability calculator actually works? ( https://destinyknot.tk ) I get most of it (I did read the FAQ) but the one thing I can't figure out is the Ability. It lists 20%, 40% 60% and 80% but nothing I can find actually says what any of those values stand for or how to figure out what to assign to which. It says I should have a 1 in 20 chance of getting the spread I want with the parents I have, however, after hatching over SEVEN HUNDRED EGGS I just cannot get the pokemon I want and after almost a week I am getting REALLY sick of hatching eggs for the same pokemon over and over and over. And the glaring omission to the calendar is not taking Natures into account, so it gives a much less realistic probability than what is actually happening. (Unless you can use an Everstone, but you can't do that for every pokemon)

I am trying to breed a Modest Male Budew with the IV spread 31/x/31/31/31/31, the father is 6IV, the mother is 5IV. I can't use an Everstone because I am breeding Extrasensory onto it so I have to hold the Rose Incense. the ability doesn't really matter because I am going for a normal ability and I have an Ability Capsule if I get the wrong one, but for future reference, how do yo know which ability is represented by what %? And are there any possible tips to speed things along in any way? After 700 eggs I know I've gotten 7 or less Budews that were modest (although if I wanted an Adamant I bet I got 100 of those!) and two of them were missing two IVs so I'm just getting so sick of this. How did people breed before Everstone and Destiny Knot if it takes this long just for ONE pokemon?! If there's anything they should change in future games it's to be able to give the incense to the day care lady rather than making the pokemon use it.

Last edited:

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    So...normally in this generation, we get 31 boxes in our PC. We start with 7, then 15, 23, and 31.

So why do I only have access to 30 in my Y?

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    So...normally in this generation, we get 31 boxes in our PC. We start with 7, then 15, 23, and 31.

So why do I only have access to 30 in my Y?

you only get 30, not 31. when you go into poke bank, you can actually scroll through all your boxes regardless of how many you unlocked. I only unlocked 23, but I can access 30 from within poke bank. the 31st box is your battle box

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    you only get 30, not 31. when you go into poke bank, you can actually scroll through all your boxes regardless of how many you unlocked. I only unlocked 23, but I can access 30 from within poke bank. the 31st box is your battle box
    Incorrect. In X, I have a Box 31 and a Battle Box.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    You do in fact get at least 31 boxes in X/Y. I have 31 boxes currently myself. So you sure you aren't imagining things Cyclone?

EDIT: Guys, are we talking about in-game PC boxes or PokeBank boxes?

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    You do in fact get at least 31 boxes in X/Y. I have 31 boxes currently myself. So you sure you aren't imagining things Cyclone?

EDIT: Guys, are we talking about in-game PC boxes or PokeBank boxes?
    Howmander might be onto something here. Box 31 is legendary-unlocked.

All right, I'm not playing Y through yet, so 30 I guess I have for now.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    I'm going to be breeding a Treecko in the next few days but I just realized that with ORAS coming out, it will have a Mega Stone eventually, so how do mega stones affect abilities like Unburden or moves like Acrobatics? When they use the mega stone, does it still count as holding an item or while they've mega evolved does it count as the mega stone not being there until after battle when the mega evolution goes away?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I'm going to be breeding a Treecko in the next few days but I just realized that with ORAS coming out, it will have a Mega Stone eventually, so how do mega stones affect abilities like Unburden or moves like Acrobatics? When they use the mega stone, does it still count as holding an item or while they've mega evolved does it count as the mega stone not being there until after battle when the mega evolution goes away?

Mega Stones are not consumed, or used up, upon Mega Evolution. Therefore, Unburden is useless on Sceptile pre-Mega Evolution.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Mega Stones are not consumed, or used up, upon Mega Evolution. Therefore, Unburden is useless on Sceptile pre-Mega Evolution.

and post mega evolution too if the mega stone isn't temporarily used up upon evolution.

Yet another reason I am hating mega evolutions: More and more pokemon either need to be trained, bred and taught moves and abilities based on their mega evolution OR their normal evolution.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    I agree, the held item cannot be lost, making Unburden useless.

And Megas tend to have a single fixed Ability regardless of the prior Ability. Therefore, I would suggest not to worry about Unburden if it will hold a Mega Stone.

I plan to breed Eggs for all starters, potentially with some Egg Moves, and hatch them upon receiving so they train at the game level rather than at the accelerated rate for other OTs and IDs.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back