• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    Is Zygarde just worthless? I admit I hated it's formless blob look at first, but after I actually looked at it and realized it was a cobra, I thought it was pretty cool. However, I can't trade it for ANYTHING on the GTS. (I got an extra one because I thought that would be my best bet for another pokebank legendary) for two days that thing sat on the GTS waiting for a Zapdos and no takers whatsoever. I put up a shiny Aromatisse just now and within 10 minutes got a Dialga for it. So, does everyone hate Zygarde or is it just because everyone with X or Y can get one?

And upon checking it, it's a freaking 5IV Modest Dialga with everything but Attack! If only it didn't have a foreign, unreadable name it would be perfect! So there's just absolutely no way to change a legendary's name to it's default English name, huh?

Yes Zygarde is worthless. Everybody can get one and it just frankly isn't that good. Perhaps it will be better when Z releases. I have a Zygarde right now, haven't bothered even catching the one available in my game yet, the only reason I have it is because I traded a Phione for it. I mean seriously, I couldn't pass that up regardless of how useless Zygarde is.

No you can't change a Pokémon name. Since it's been traded it's not yours exactly so no nicknaming and you can change another language to your own. It sucks I know. My only hope is now that Europe has Pokébank we can start getting some ENG Legendary on the GTS.

Xerneas_X

Raven
    Years
    Yes Zygarde is worthless. Everybody can get one and it just frankly isn't that good. Perhaps it will be better when Z releases. I have a Zygarde right now, haven't bothered even catching the one available in my game yet, the only reason I have it is because I traded a Phione for it. I mean seriously, I couldn't pass that up regardless of how useless Zygarde is.

No you can't change a Pokémon name. Since it's been traded it's not yours exactly so no nicknaming and you can change another language to your own. It sucks I know. My only hope is now that Europe has Pokébank we can start getting some ENG Legendary on the GTS.

You may want to check out my post above. As an Arceus user I can honestly say Zygarde nearly rivals Arceus' power and defense when used correctly because it has access to what every other dragon in the game envies, camouflage and extreme speed, camouflage which takes away 100% of it's standard vulnerabilities and turns it into Pseudo-Arceus (normal type) with almost similar stats to the god Pokemon itself and with the same exact hard hitting Extreme Speed STAB/Silk Scarf combo which hits with an astronomical 144 base power!

Also anytime you're trading a Legendary for Phione, that's just stupid.. Phione isn't even a legendary, has deplorable stats, is widely available since it's breedable (can nab it for free off these forums), so that's an awesome trade on your end since if someone is going to trade Zygarde, the best is to trade it for another Xerneas or Yveltal as there's always someone asking for Zygarde on the GTS offering Xerneas/Yveltal. Which in turn you can potentially trade for a previous gen legendary as there's usually always someone trading a prev gen legend for xerneas/yveltal or you can even get one of the legendary birds.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    You may want to check out my post above. As an Arceus user I can honestly say Zygarde nearly rivals Arceus' power and defense when used correctly because it has access to what every other dragon in the game envies, camouflage and extreme speed

Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge fan of priority moves, and Extremespeed is the best one out there, but it's really not worth sacrificing the power of all its other moves AND a move slot AND its hold item just to increase its power to not even twice the base power.

camouflage which takes away 100% of it's standard vulnerabilities

Yeah, and also its STAB. Besides, moves like Close Combat and Superpower are quite popular, so it can still easily be taken down.

hard hitting Extreme Speed STAB/Silk Scarf combo which hits with an astronomical 144 base power!

Astronomical? Earthquake without Silk Scarf or Camouflage hits for 150 base power...

Xerneas_X

Raven
    Years
    Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge fan of priority moves, and Extremespeed is the best one out there, but it's really not worth sacrificing the power of all its other moves AND a move slot AND its hold item just to increase its power to not even twice the base power.

Yeah, and also its STAB. Besides, moves like Close Combat and Superpower are quite popular, so it can still easily be taken down.

Astronomical? Earthquake without Silk Scarf or Camouflage hits for 150 base power...

Extreme Speed out priority moves close combat, can one-shot lucario like he wasn't even there. Malamar with super power explodes before it can attack. same with all other pokes with those fighting moves or others the same way arceus takes them down. unless they are bulky tank fighters, they wont survive and not many teams invest into a tanky fighter, and if they did have a tanky fighter.. by the time they realize to send it out, you probably already sent two of their Pokemon to their early graves and left that bulky fighter in yellow/red health to be swept up by your next Pokemon, however most liekly Zygarde will still kill them as I have survived close combats, etc with Zygarde due to it's huge physical bulk...

I don't know about you.. i would rather have a Priority Extreme Speed hitting at 144, than a normal 150 earthquake only to be outsped by an opposing fairy/dragon/ice type rendering that power pretty useless if it gets killed before it can attack, especially if they send out a Priority Gale Wing Talonflame, rendering all that power 100% useless only to +1 priority brave bird you next turn, where if you had +2 priority extreme speed, you'd of killed that Talonflame before it could attack.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    Extreme Speed out priority moves close combat, can one-shot lucario like he wasn't even there. Malamar with super power explodes before it can attack. same with all other pokes with those fighting moves or others the same way arceus takes them down. unless they are bulky tank fighters, they wont survive and not many teams invest into a tanky fighter, and if they did have a tanky fighter.. by the time they realize to send it out, you probably already sent two of their Pokemon to their early graves and left that bulky fighter in yellow/red health to be swept up by your next Pokemon, however most liekly Zygarde will still kill them as I have survived close combats, etc with Zygarde due to it's huge physical bulk...

It can OHKO Lucario? When it's not very effective? I'll believe that when I see it. Scizor was the big threat I was thinking of though. That's incredibly common and usually has Superpower or at the very least Brick Break.

Credit where it's due, it's a decent tactic if you can pull it off. But you'd need to be facing an opponent who doesn't understand Camouflage, which is a big assumption. Because in order to avoid major damage you'd either need to:

a) Force a switch, in which case your opponent will be able to see exactly what you're doing and switch again / use the appropriate move for your new typing

or

b) You'd need to predict an Ice- or Dragon-type move and Camouflage first, which will only work if you're faster than your opponent, which completely defeats the point of using Extremespeed in the first place.

Oh, and you're completely ruined if a Ghost-type switches in. I'm looking at you, Focus Blast Gengar.

Xerneas_X

Raven
    Years
    It can OHKO Lucario? When it's not very effective? I'll believe that when I see it. Scizor was the big threat I was thinking of though. That's incredibly common and usually has Superpower or at the very least Brick Break.

Credit where it's due, it's a decent tactic if you can pull it off. But you'd need to be facing an opponent who doesn't understand Camouflage, which is a big assumption. Because in order to avoid major damage you'd either need to:

a) Force a switch, in which case your opponent will be able to see exactly what you're doing and switch again / use the appropriate move for your new typing

or

b) You'd need to predict an Ice- or Dragon-type move, which will only work if you're faster than your opponent, which completely defeats the point of using Extremespeed in the first place.

Oh, and you're completely ruined if a Ghost-type switches in. I'm looking at you, Focus Blast Gengar.

Deal with Gengar/Giratina the same way Arceus does. 100% accuracy shadow claw.

We can go back and forth on this subject all day, but really the best thing to do is I suggest giving Zygarde a try, take it for a run on battle spot singles, doubles, triple, or whatever, and you'll be surprised at how durable and hard hitting it is and realize just how many teams lack any efficient fighting pokemon/moves or survive to get a shot off.

All i say is based 100% on personal experience as if you've seen my signature just a few weeks ago before the re-release of Pokemon bank and my acquiring of old Legends, it was Zygarde there instead of Arceus.

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    Deal with Gengar/Giratina the same way Arceus does. 100% accuracy shadow claw.

We can go back and forth on this subject all day, but really the best thing to do is I suggest giving Zygarde a try, take it for a run on battle spot singles, doubles, triple, or whatever, and you'll be surprised at how durable and hard hitting it is and realize how how many teams lack any efficient fighting pokemon/moves.

All i say is based 100% on personal experience as if you've seen my signature just a few weeks ago before the re-release of Pokemon bank and my acquiring of old Legends, it was Zygarde there instead of Arceus.

Gengar is faster than Zygarde though, unlike Arceus.

Yes, I do feel like it's heading that way :P I actually think Zygarde is pretty decent in battle, I just don't agree with that setup. Maybe if you replaced the Silk Scarf with Life Orb or something. You're not going to be taking much damage with a +2 priority move, and you get some extra punch. As for the Fighting-type Pokemon/moves, I guess that must be a quirk of the Uber tier. I tend to stick to OU, and there's an abundance of Fighting-type moves there.

Xerneas_X

Raven
    Years
    Gengar is faster than Zygarde though, unlike Arceus.

Yes, I do feel like it's heading that way :P I actually think Zygarde is pretty decent in battle, I just don't agree with that setup. Maybe if you replaced the Silk Scarf with Life Orb or something. You're not going to be taking much damage with a +2 priority move, and you get some extra punch. As for the Fighting-type Pokemon/moves, I guess that must be a quirk of the Uber tier. I tend to stick to OU, and there's an abundance of Fighting-type moves there.

only issue with gengar/giratina focus blast is that horrible 70% accuracy, plus if they don't miss, there's the fact that Zygarde much like Arceus will tank it and survive due to their high base HP and EV spread and of course the lack of STAB... only for Gengar to die by the slower shadow claw and the chance of it surviving and sheer luck to get off two 70% focus blast successfully.. the odds are not in Gengar's favor.

Anyways, as i stated above.. the only way to know for sure is to try yourself..

I only speak from experience:

X/Y Quick Q&A (Read First Post)

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I think that the OP about Zygarde was more about its trade value than its battle capability. And the OP was right, Zygarde has little trade value since everyone can get one.

It is good in battle though, but IDK why you'd use a set with Camoflage in it. That's just gimmicky and doesn't really do anything for Zygarde. I'm quite fond of the Coil set:

-Zygarde w/Leftovers or Yache Berry
    Nature: Careful
    Ability: Aura Break
    EVs: 252 HP, 252 Sp.Defense, 4 Attack
    Moves: Coil, Stone Edge, Earthquake, Extreme Speed

It's worked well for me on Showdown (and that reminds me, I need to re-EV train my in-game one).
    Also, Zygarde's stats aren't that close to Arceus's. Zygarde has a BST of 600, while Arceus's is 720. So yeah....

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I think that the OP about Zygarde was more about its trade value than its battle capability. And the OP was right, Zygarde has little trade value since everyone can get one.

It is good in battle though, but IDK why you'd use a set with Camoflage in it. That's just gimmicky and doesn't really do anything for Zygarde. I'm quite fond of the Coil set:

It's worked well for me on Showdown (and that reminds me, I need to re-EV train my in-game one).
    Also, Zygarde's stats aren't that close to Arceus's. Zygarde has a BST of 600, while Arceus's is 720. So yeah....
    Other viable Zygarde sets (including variants of the Coil set, as this one is currently hindered by status):
    -Dragon Dance
    -Outrage
    -Earthquake
    -Stone Edge/Extreme Speed
    Nature: Adamant
    EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
    Item: Life Orb/Lum Berry

or
    -Coil
    -Earthquake
    -Stone Edge/Extreme Speed
    -Rest
    Nature: Adamant
    EVs: 56 HP/252 Atk/200 Spe
    Item: Chesto Berry

or
    -Substitute
    -Glare
    -Earthquake
    -Dragon Tail
    Nature: Impish
    EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef
    Item: Leftovers

or
    -Coil
    -Earthquake
    -Dragon Tail
    -Substitute
    EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 SDef
    Item: Leftovers

Xerneas_X

Raven
    Years

Camouflage for the normal typing and to take away it's vulnerabilities and the STAB on extreme speed.
    I have tried a coil Zygarde, problem with that are those faster pesky fairies or dragons with special attacks as coil and EV in sp. def doesn't help much, will leave it in yellow to be 2HKOed or revenge killed ending it's potential killing streak prematurely. Maybe if it was 5th gen.. then yes, would be awesome, but with fairy typing being common now on teams.. i still say, abandon the dragon typing ASAP!

Also, that's a overall base stat total and yes, you cant compare Zygarde to Arceus, but when it comes to the ones that matter in comparing the two, attack and HP, they aren't that far off, but as i said above, Zygarde was only useful for when Arceus was unavailable (Pre-Pokemon Bank), which is why Zygarde was dropped ASAP without hesitation once I reacquired Arceus in 6th gen.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Camouflage for the normal typing and to take away it's vulnerabilities and the STAB on extreme speed.
    I have tried a coil Zygarde, problem with that are those faster pesky fairies or dragons with special attacks as coil and EV in sp. def doesn't help much, will leave it in yellow to be 2HKOed or revenge killed ending it's potential killing streak prematurely. Maybe if it was 5th gen.. then yes, would be awesome, but with fairy typing being common now on teams.. i still say, abandon the dragon typing ASAP!

Also, that's a overall base stat total and yes, you cant compare Zygarde to Arceus, but when it comes to the ones that matter in comparing the two, attack and HP, they aren't that far off, but as i said above, Zygarde was only useful for when Arceus was unavailable (Pre-Pokemon Bank), which is why Zygarde was dropped ASAP without hesitation once I reacquired Arceus in 6th gen.

All Camouflage does is swap Zygarde's problems with new ones. Yes, its no longer weak to Dragon, Fairy, and Ice, but now you've given it a Fighting weakness (and Fighting attacks are common as well) and no resistances other than a Ghost immunity. STAB Extreme Speed only gets you so far, and the loss of STAB on Earthquake sucks for it.

Besides, it not like Zygarde has to take on Fairies....that's what teammates are for.

Xerneas_X

Raven
    Years
    All Camouflage does is swap Zygarde's problems with new ones. Yes, its no longer weak to Dragon, Fairy, and Ice, but now you've given it a Fighting weakness (and Fighting attacks are common as well) and no resistances other than a Ghost immunity. STAB Extreme Speed only gets you so far, and the loss of STAB on Earthquake sucks for it.

Besides, it not like Zygarde has to take on Fairies....that's what teammates are for.

However as stated above and by experience of using it, those common fighting types arent' as common as you think or are attached to pokemon who will get destroyed by STAB extreme speed silk scarf combo. also camouflage Zygarde doesn't really have much use for earthquake, it's pretty much rarely used as extreme speed is the primary attack (extreme speed on normal silk scarfed Zygarde hits at 144 power, earthquake on ground/dragon zygarde hits 150, not much difference).. and it's other 2 moves are shadow claw & swords dance. also thanks to extreme speed being the primary means of attack, being a priority +2 move means you do not need to waste a single EV in speed and instead are free to invest in 100% HP and 100% attack, and sp. def, ensuring that everything will die in 1 or 2 turns to it's extreme speed/shadow claw, while it is able to survive a focus blast/close combat.

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2014
    Can anyone help me? I downloaded Pokemon Bank and the Poke Transporter, Bank works fine, but when I try to use the Transporter it gives an error code (006-0501) when it tries to communicate with the Pokemon Bank server. Is there any way to fix this? Has anyone else experienced this?

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    Can anyone help me? I downloaded Pokemon Bank and the Poke Transporter, Bank works fine, but when I try to use the Transporter it gives an error code (006-0501) when it tries to communicate with the Pokemon Bank server. Is there any way to fix this? Has anyone else experienced this?

It did that once for me when I tried to use it. I just closed it and then re-opened it, and it worked fine. I suggest just leaving it for a short while; it'll probably fix itself.

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2014
    It did that once for me when I tried to use it. I just closed it and then re-opened it, and it worked fine. I suggest just leaving it for a short while; it'll probably fix itself.

I've been trying since last night and it still doesn't work. Getting really frustrated with it.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2015
    Questions about Cloned Pokemon

I want to ask you something about cloned pokemon...
    I was able to find in these last days lot of cloned pokemon when trading with people around the world (I mean, look how many shiny mew there are all around) and I have to admit that also me and my friend tried to clone some pokemons...
    but I have to ask you:

-are these cloned pokemons considered hacked? I mean...can them go through the pokebank or they will be deleted?

-what do you think about cloning pokemon?

-is nintendo going to release an upgrade in order to avoiding duplicating pokemon?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    So I got a Victini today (which is amazing! The last few days have been awesome for Legendaries for me!) And all it's IVs are pretty good (in the high 20s or higher) however it's got an Adamant nature AND it's an event pokemon from the movie so it has V-Create, Fusion Flare, Fusion Bolt and Searing Shot. They're all great moves but I was thinking of getting rid of the special moves and only keeping the physical ones, but if I decide to change my mind later, am I screwed? out of those moves, it ONLY seems to naturally be able to learn Searing Shot (even though V Create is a signature move) so if I used the move tutor to forget any of the other moves, would I be able to re learn them, or does the move tutor only teach a pokemon moves it can naturally learn levelling up so if I deleted Fusion Bolt or even V Create, even if for a level up move, can I get them back or once they're gone, they're gone? (this rule would likely apply to move tutor moves for other pokemon as well) and I was hoping someone who's actually deleted a move the pokemon can't learn by level up or TM and tried to re learn it responds, not someone who just assumes it works because it should. Thanks for any help!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back