• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    If I buy Pokemon X / Y from Eshop, where will the game be saved?
    Also can keep a backup, so I don't need to buy it again
    and why the game size it's HUGE to be downloaded to the 3DS?

It's saved to the SD card, and the file size is so big because, well, the game is so big :P It's a very complex game with countless features, so naturally it requires a lot of memory.

As for keeping a backup, it depends what you mean. Once you've downloaded it on one 3DS, you can only play it on that 3DS (putting the SD card into another 3DS won't work). The only way to transfer it to another 3DS is through a "System Transfer", which wipes the memory of your 3DS and transfers EVERYTHING to the other 3DS. However, if you just need some space on your SD card for something else, it's possible to delete the file and then redownload it later (but only on the same 3DS).

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Is Iron Fist Chimchar legal?
    Also what about Tertwigs hidden ability? Is that legal?

Yes, those are both legal. The only starters that have not yet had their Hidden Abilities legitimately released are the Gen 2 and 5 starters.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Two Questions:

1) my Shuckle will have Contrary Ability, holding Leftovers, has Shell Smash, Toxic, Rest and I can't decide between Sandstorm or Wrap. I'm looking for an attack that does a fixed amount of damage that doesn't rely on the Attack stat. I was initially thinking of Power Split and Gyro Ball instead of Rest and Sanstorm/Wrap but I don't know.

2) Anyone have a Contrary Shuckle they can loan me long enough to breed my own? ;-)

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    As far as I'm aware, Contrary reverses all your changes in stats. Shell Smash is supposed to raise your sharply raise Attack, Special Attack, and Speed, but instead, they will get decreased. Since your Attack stat's getting lowered, it definitely won't be a good idea to go with Gyro Ball. If I were you, I'd stick with Rest and either Sandstorm or Wrap (more likely the latter, since former winds up damaging you, too). d: Hope this helps!

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    As far as I'm aware, Contrary reverses all your changes in stats. Shell Smash is supposed to raise your sharply raise Attack, Special Attack, and Speed, but instead, they will get decreased. Since your Attack stat's getting lowered, it definitely won't be a good idea to go with Gyro Ball. If I were you, I'd stick with Rest and either Sandstorm or Wrap (more likely the latter, since former winds up damaging you, too). d: Hope this helps!

you're right, but like i said if I was going the route of Gyro Ball, I was also going to go with Power Split (after using Shell smash first though!) so instead of getting a boost in Attack, I would actually get half the attack of the opponent I was fighting. Also Sandstorm doesn't damage rock types, which Shuckle is.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    you're right, but like i said if I was going the route of Gyro Ball, I was also going to go with Power Split (after using Shell smash first though!) so instead of getting a boost in Attack, I would actually get half the attack of the opponent I was fighting. Also Sandstorm doesn't damage rock types, which Shuckle is.

Oh, right, I'd forgotten that Shuckle was a rock-type. For a second there, I thought it was normal, haha. If that's the case though, then either is fine--you could go with any. :]

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Is the ONLY way to get Dynamic Punch on a Regirock by getting one from a gen 3 game that knows the move?? (please say there's some work around to this!)

Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2014
    Need cloning pokemon help for pokemon x/y? (Please read

Hey i'm not sure if i posted this in the right forum subject or somebody has already asked this question, but i really need on this situation. Well we all know that we can clone pokemon from x/y right with trade system with two 3ds or 2ds systems with both games, but i don't own a secend 3ds or even a 2ds system i only own one, i have heard from a friend that you can clone pokemon through a cheatcode system like action replay but not sure if she men't you have to have black/white to do it and i don't own black/white, i have been wanting to know how to clone pokemon cause i have some legendary pokemon that i want to clone like legendaries, so i was wondering is there a way or at least a cheat code device that i can clone pokemon with out another 3ds or 2ds system and please don't give me any hacked pokemon i want to play fair and i only legit pokemon.

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
  • I believe your friend may have been talking about a Powersave. It pretty is the save as an Actiuon Replay. It's a device that hooks your game up to the computer, and you can copy/edit the save file and do stuff like have all items, ect.

The trick to cloneing with it seems to be backing up your save file, storing the Pokemmon you want to clone in the Pokemon Bank (it's a separate thing, it's on the Eshop for 5 dollars, but there is a free 30 day trial offer going until March 14th) then restore the file, and take the Pokemon out of the bank.

Years
  • To do masuda method you will need a foreign pokemon. But I was wondering what if somone used a foreign pokegen or pokedit pokemon would that still count?

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    To do masuda method you will need a foreign pokemon. But I was wondering what if somone used a foreign pokegen or pokedit pokemon would that still count?

Yeah, it should do, since the "original trainer" is still foreign.

Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2014
    Question about Pokemon Bank & Wifi

So I just heard that Nintendo is shutting down Wi-Fi support for most Wii and DS games. I'm concerned. I know that you can play Nintendo DS games on the Nintendo 3DS, but does this mean that you'll no longer upload your Pokemon from generation five to Pokemon bank for you to download onto X and Y since generation 5 games are DS games? Please let me know.

BigSteve

Pokemon Bright Gold
    Years
  • No, it means that you cannot use them online.

All the transporter does is connect to the BANK server, not the DS server.
    It connects to bank, and it transfers box1 from your offline Black/White/2 to bank server

You can specify where the pokemon originated (as in Real World, Germany, Australia, Japan, etc.) when you gen them.

Is there a Pokemon capable of learning Draco Meteor and have Contrary?

Last edited by a moderator:

BigSteve

Pokemon Bright Gold
    Years
  • hmmmm.....

I can't think of the Draco Meteor equivalents, you know the 'big' moves that drain stats for a big attack....

Is there any single move that optimizes Contrary?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back