• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shrew

is a Shrew
Years
  • Well you understand just because YOU always find a chansey with Lucky punch that that is simply anecdotal evidence, even if you don't want to beleive it, Chansey only has a 50% chance of holding Lucky Egg: http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/113.shtml Regardless of what you run into, those numbers are coded into the game. If a pokemon has 100% of holding an item, by definition it can't be holding any other item. Ever. Or else it wouldn't be 100%. So to answer your question, yes, Compound Eyes does increase the chance of finding the items by the posted amounts.
    I thought that because the Friend Safari had different ability and IVs, that the items might also be coded in more generously. I was confused why I couldn't find anything on Serebii or anywhere about item % rates in the Friend Safari, and now I know why. I also took into account that it was just my own experience, which is why I believed it was 95%/5%.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I thought that because the Friend Safari had different ability and IVs, that the items might also be coded in more generously. I was confused why I couldn't find anything on Serebii or anywhere about item % rates in the Friend Safari, and now I know why. I also took into account that it was just my own experience, which is why I believed it was 95%/5%.
    Chansey has a 5% chance of holding a Lucky Egg. The 50% is the Lucky Punch.
    That's true, not sure what I should give up though. Perhaps a draining move (so instead of Recover, I get a move that simultaneously attacks and restores HP) But also, which would be better, the Coil/Quiver Dance duo I have, or a Shell Smash/Cosmic Power duo?
    Spore or Dark Void should be used to let Smeargle incapacitate a counter before it sets up. Shell Smash would be the preferred option here, as even though your defenses would be lowered, it gives the recipient more power and Speed behind it without having to spend multiple turns getting all set up:
    -Spore/Dark Void
    -Shell Smash
    -Baton Pass
    -Magic Coat/Ingrain/Taunt
    Nature: Timid
    EVs: 96 HP/120 Def/40 SDef/252 Spe
    Item: Mental Herb/Focus Sash
    Ability: Own Tempo

If you're still focused on boosting stats separately, here's a much better alternative to whatever you have:
    -Spore/Dark Void
    -Shift Gear/Substitute
    -Quiver Dance/Substitute
    -Baton Pass

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Chansey has a 5% chance of holding a Lucky Egg. The 50% is the Lucky Punch.

Spore or Dark Void should be used to let Smeargle incapacitate a counter before it sets up. Shell Smash would be the preferred option here, as even though your defenses would be lowered, it gives the recipient more power and Speed behind it without having to spend multiple turns getting all set up:
    -Spore/Dark Void
    -Shell Smash
    -Baton Pass
    -Magic Coat/Ingrain/Taunt

If you're still focused on boosting stats separately, here's a much better alternative to whatever you have:
    -Spore/Dark Void
    -Shift Gear/Substitute
    -Quiver Dance/Substitute
    -Baton Pass

Thanks for the info, just so you know though, my ability is Moody to get that extra bonus sharp increase in something as well. Sure it's not a reliable option (as it's a random stat that gets sharply raised as well as lowering something else down one stage as well) but it's a freebie bonus for every turn it's in battle.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • I'm beginning to think that Breloom in the friend safari does not hold Kebia Berry. Can anyone confirm this?

I have a lead Pokemon with Compound Eyes, so it should be a 35% chance to find one. No luck after encountering at least 20-30 of them.

Aiden Blue

Cincinnati's Trainer
    Years
  • Breeding: Honedge

Does anyone know of a Pokémon suitable to breed with a female Honedge? I've ttied a few options and, not looking so great in the long run. Any advice? Would be much appreciated.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Aside from normal gem, are there any other type of gem stones in X and Y? I've been spending hours visiting place to place looking for them, but I just couldn't find any.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Regardless of the math, I still would like to know if they are even holding them at all.

Well, that link says that Friend Safari is the ONLY place Breloom can be found in X and Y, so if there's a % chance of holding a berry, it would have to be holding the berry in the Friend Safari. If you want to speed up the process, rather than catching them you can always get a pokemon with a move that steals the held item and them just use it and then run away.

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
    Years
  • From the looks of it, there aren't any good breeding moves you can get.
    Cofagrigus gives Destiny Bond.
    Honedge itself gives Shadow Sneak and Metal Sound.
    Dwebble gives Wide Guard.

I'd say just breed with another for Shadow Sneak.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Well, that link says that Friend Safari is the ONLY place Breloom can be found in X and Y, so if there's a % chance of holding a berry, it would have to be holding the berry in the Friend Safari. If you want to speed up the process, rather than catching them you can always get a pokemon with a move that steals the held item and them just use it and then run away.

Or have a Pokemon with Frisk in the lead slot. That'll check if its holding anything without need to use Thief or catch it.

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
    Years
  • How can a Will-o-wisp work when safeguard is in play? I asked because I switched in my chomp used Safeguard with my meowstic and it still got burned

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    How can a Will-o-wisp work when safeguard is in play? I asked because I switched in my chomp used Safeguard with my meowstic and it still got burned

Meowstic can have the Infiltrator ability, which ignores protections and stat boosts caused by moves liek substitute, reflect, light screen and safeguard.

Edit: sorry, misread, what was the opponent that was using it?

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
    Years
  • Meowstic can have the Infiltrator ability, which ignores protections and stat boosts caused by moves liek substitute, reflect, light screen and safeguard.

Edit: sorry, misread, what was the opponent that was using it?

Yes I had meow using Safeguard. They had a Noivern or something. Maybe that had infiltrator?

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • Or have a Pokemon with Frisk in the lead slot. That'll check if its holding anything without need to use Thief or catch it.
    I have a Pumpkaboo with both Frisk and Thief, and still no berry after two days of trying. Looks like I can find the berry as a field item though. I'll grab my Farfetch'd from Pokemon Y and move tutor Air Cutter back to him.

http://www.serebii.net/xy/wilditems.shtml

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
  • Yes I had meow using Safeguard. They had a Noivern or something. Maybe that had infiltrator?

Noivern can have Infiltrator, but it doesn't learn Will-O-Wisp. The only Pokémon that can have both is Chandelure, Lampent, and Litwick. Do you remember anything else about the battle? :<

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    Noivern can have Infiltrator, but it doesn't learn Will-O-Wisp. The only Pokémon that can have both is Chandelure, Lampent, and Litwick. Do you remember anything else about the battle? :<

Flamethrower is commonly used by Noivern, so perhaps that's where the burn came from?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back