• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    I have:
    Latios/as
    Weather trio
    Palkia/Dialga
    Zekrom (Soon Reshiram)
    All Regis
    All Dogs
    Those Cloud guys, all three

Who am I missing? This is for the charm by the way.

Ho-Oh, Lugia, Giratina, Cresselia, Azelf, Mesprit, Uxie, Kyurem (I'm assuming you mean out of the legendaries). I'm guessing you have the birds.

EDIT: Heatran too, and Cobalion, Terrakion and Virizion.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2014
    Thanks!
    Giratina, Cresselia, Azelf, Mesprit, Uxie and Kyurem. They are the ones I am missing.

Oh and Heatran and those Ugly things.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I'm not sure if to have a Brave or Hasty natured Pikachu. Is attack sought after for Pikachu, or is attack?

Neither is a good nature for Pikachu, unfortunately. Personally, I would go with either Timid or Naive. Here is a full moveset for it if you want one:

Pikachu @ Light Ball
    Trait: Lightning Rod
    Evs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Timid / Naive Nature
    ~ Substitute
    ~ Nasty Plot
    ~ Thunderbolt
    ~ Hidden Power Ice

Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2014
    Neither is a good nature for Pikachu, unfortunately. Personally, I would go with either Timid or Naive. Here is a full moveset for it if you want one:

Pikachu @ Light Ball
    Trait: Lightning Rod
    Evs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Timid / Naive Nature
    ~ Substitute
    ~ Nasty Plot
    ~ Thunderbolt
    ~ Hidden Power Ice

Isn't Hidden Power determined by IVs? How can you specify a Hidden Power type if you also want to breed for perfect IVs? Or even if you don't breed, would you have to keep trying Pikachus until one has an ice type Hidden Power?

Years
  • Isn't Hidden Power determined by IVs? How can you specify a Hidden Power type if you also want to breed for perfect IVs? Or even if you don't breed, would you have to keep trying Pikachus until one has an ice type Hidden Power?

Last I read from a post you would need to keep breeding till you get what Hidden power you need.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Isn't Hidden Power determined by IVs? How can you specify a Hidden Power type if you also want to breed for perfect IVs? Or even if you don't breed, would you have to keep trying Pikachus until one has an ice type Hidden Power?

Exactly. I always hate how practically every moveset relies on Hidden Power like it's so easy to just choose the numbers you want to make the Hidden Power type you want. It makes me think that most people "competitively" battle on websites, emulators and hacked pokemon rather than the actual game. I mean it's certainly not impossible to breed for the IVs you want to get the hidden power you are looking for, especially since now Hidden Powers attack power is no longer random (it used to vary in power from 30 - 70 so in addition to a random type you could also get a random base power as well) so it's now always base power of 60, it's only the type that changes. So while breeding for the type you want, it's only a 1 in 16 chance of getting the type you want, it's also a whopping 1 in 16 chance before you get teh type you want as well! ;-) (there's no Normal or Fairy Type hidden power) https://www.serebii.net/games/hidden-power.shtml

So yeah, considering how long it takes to get the nature you want and the IVs you want, breeding reliably) for hidden power on every single one of your pokemon (which is what so many competitive sites seem to do) just doesn't seem that realistic to me when playing the real game. It's super easy if you go on battle simulators and emulators where you can just type in the hidden powers you want, but to actually breed real pokemon to get it just seems ridiculous. Even with there being the NPC that outright tells you what Hidden Power you have, a 6% chance of getting the hidden power type you want seems unbearably laborious to go through.

Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2014
    Nope. Just need to get the other (15 I think?) O-powers first.

I've heard it has something to do with getting the cost of the Charizardite stone down to $50,000. What causes this price to drop? I'm at $150k.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I've heard it has something to do with getting the cost of the Charizardite stone down to $50,000. What causes this price to drop? I'm at $150k.
    Your Lumiose style causes the price to drop.

Here's a link to Lumiose style:
    https://www.serebii.net/xy/lumiosestyle.shtml

Or you can do what I did: go to the Poke Ball boutique and buy Premier Balls there one at a time (around 100); this counts towards the "shop around Lumiose's stores part").

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Oh yeah I apologize, you need Max Style in addition to the other O-powers.

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2016
    Exactly. I always hate how practically every moveset relies on Hidden Power like it's so easy to just choose the numbers you want to make the Hidden Power type you want. It makes me think that most people "competitively" battle on websites, emulators and hacked pokemon rather than the actual game. I mean it's certainly not impossible to breed for the IVs you want to get the hidden power you are looking for, especially since now Hidden Powers attack power is no longer random (it used to vary in power from 30 - 70 so in addition to a random type you could also get a random base power as well) so it's now always base power of 60, it's only the type that changes. So while breeding for the type you want, it's only a 1 in 16 chance of getting the type you want, it's also a whopping 1 in 16 chance before you get teh type you want as well! ;-) (there's no Normal or Fairy Type hidden power) https://www.serebii.net/games/hidden-power.shtml

So yeah, considering how long it takes to get the nature you want and the IVs you want, breeding reliably) for hidden power on every single one of your pokemon (which is what so many competitive sites seem to do) just doesn't seem that realistic to me when playing the real game. It's super easy if you go on battle simulators and emulators where you can just type in the hidden powers you want, but to actually breed real pokemon to get it just seems ridiculous. Even with there being the NPC that outright tells you what Hidden Power you have, a 6% chance of getting the hidden power type you want seems unbearably laborious to go through.

Not to mention RNGing for Hidden Power. It was alwsys easier than you might think to breed for hidden power. There are ways to maximize your chance of getting the one you want. Although in previous generations the variable power made it much harder.

Specific combination of odd/even IVs is what determines tge type. For example Dark is the least common, ascall six must be odd.

Right now I am working on breeding a Froakie with hp fire. It is tediious, but I am doing this as a challenge. You need breeding stock with known even values (30 is a good one) to be able to breed still high ivs while getting the hp you want.

Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2014
    How do I remove friends? The obvious method seems to be in within the friends list, but I can't see how.

I've noticed when I put on clothes whose colors match, there's a purplish animation that shows in the background when I preview the outfit. Does this mean anything, or is it just an indication that my clothes match?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2014
    So my problem is yet to be solved and if it isn't more easily solved here in Q & A, I'll have to post something in the regular forums and I hope moderators will understand.

I can't find my mega stones anwhere, they're all missing. I check them between 8-9 but they're never in their proper locations. And if the only time you could press A in front of the Anistar Sun-Dial is during your conversation with the Professor and he asks you to touch the sundial, than I must have done it, unless you're supposed to do it before every time you go to search for the mega stones. So I'm concerened as what the problem might be. I'm almost worrying if someone hacked into my profile and stole em somehow, because they're simply not there, and I don't know how that could be. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!! I NEED THOSE MEGA STONES!!!

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    How do I remove friends? The obvious method seems to be in within the friends list, but I can't see how.

I've noticed when I put on clothes whose colors match, there's a purplish animation that shows in the background when I preview the outfit. Does this mean anything, or is it just an indication that my clothes match?
    From the friend's list, there should be a button in the top-left corner I believe. Friend settings or something. You should be able to delete a friend card.

As for the clothes, I assume your outfit just fits a certain theme, but I could be wrong.

So my problem is yet to be solved and if it isn't more easily solved here in Q & A, I'll have to post something in the regular forums and I hope moderators will understand.

I can't find my mega stones anwhere, they're all missing. I check them between 8-9 but they're never in their proper locations. And if the only time you could press A in front of the Anistar Sun-Dial is during your conversation with the Professor and he asks you to touch the sundial, than I must have done it, unless you're supposed to do it before every time you go to search for the mega stones. So I'm concerened as what the problem might be. I'm almost worrying if someone hacked into my profile and stole em somehow, because they're simply not there, and I don't know how that could be. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!! I NEED THOSE MEGA STONES!!!
    So let me get this straight. You definitely had the talk with the professor in Anistar already? And you're sure you checked the right spots and know what you're looking for (the purpleish glow)? I think someone has already mentioned this, but if you've time-travelled at all, you may need to let the clock run itself for a couple days and check again.

Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2014
    So let me get this straight. You definitely had the talk with the professor in Anistar already? And you're sure you checked the right spots and know what you're looking for (the purpleish glow)? I think someone has already mentioned this, but if you've time-travelled at all, you may need to let the clock run itself for a couple days and check again.

Yep, yep, yep. I can't understand what you mean bout the clock running itself. This has gone on for a few days and i fixed the time to it's accurate setting when I first set up my N3DS right after purchasing it, and it is the right time. I don't know what's going on!

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Yep, yep, yep. I can't understand what you mean bout the clock running itself. This has gone on for a few days and i fixed the time to it's accurate setting when I first set up my N3DS right after purchasing it, and it is the right time. I don't know what's going on!
    Well I guess that point is moot unless you've actually time traveled. So have you changed the clock at all on the 3DS?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    I did try [time traveling] to get myself a Tyranitarite.

I just saved outside the gym, then closed the game. Then I changed the 3DS time, and then ran the game once again. Entered the gym and voila~! Tyranitarite. :3

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I did try [time traveling] to get myself a Tyranitarite.

I just saved outside the gym, then closed the game. Then I changed the 3DS time, and then ran the game once again. Entered the gym and voila~! Tyranitarite. :3
    That's what I would suggest, just try setting the clock to 7:59, 8:01, 8:59, 9:01. But in the case where that wouldn't work, and the clock essentially needs a "resetting", he'd have to wait longer than if he hadn't tampered with it. I've heard it could be anywhere from needing 24 hours to refresh time events, or just the 1 minute.

tl;dr listen to above poster. Just try at various times before and after 8pm and 9pm, specifically 7:59 and 8:59, because sometimes that works for time events.

Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2014
    I'm sure I've never changed my clock. Like I said, I set the right time on my 3DS when I first set up the system after purchase a long time ago. I've definitely thought about this time travel method, (delibarately set the clock back to 8:00 pm to search for the Mega Stones), but for some reason I never got around to it.

But now that you've mentioned it, I'm definitely giving that a try, but still no luck. They're nowhere to be found. Someone please HELP!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back