• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

リザードン☆

Charizard evolved into..
Years
  • In regards to Pokémon Amie once your Pokémon starts showing a music note when petting it, feed it until it's full, play in three or so mini-games with it then repeat.
    In can take a while depending on which poképuffs you're feeding them, good luck.

Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2014
    Hello all had a couple of quick questions for someone that knows how to breed. I'm new to the world of breeding I think i have almost all the materials needed to breed.So here they are:

1.I have a LVL 100 timid HA Ditto with 6IVs and a Destiny Knot, Can I use this ditto for the majority of the breeding since it has 6ivs or do I need to breed with multiple dittos? Like can i skip a few steps since this ditto is perfect?
    2. Is it possible to breed with this said ditto and a Pokemon of my choice to receive a baby with a HA? Is it all luck? how uncommon is this? Or am I better off finding the Pokemon with the HA and passing it down?

PM me if you can help me out it would be greatly appreciated!!

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Hello all had a couple of quick questions for someone that knows how to breed. I'm new to the world of breeding I think i have almost all the materials needed to breed.So here they are:

1.I have a LVL 100 timid HA Ditto with 6IVs and a Destiny Knot, Can I use this ditto for the majority of the breeding since it has 6ivs or do I need to breed with multiple dittos? Like can i skip a few steps since this ditto is perfect?
    2. Is it possible to breed with this said ditto and a Pokemon of my choice to receive a baby with a HA? Is it all luck? how uncommon is this? Or am I better off finding the Pokemon with the HA and passing it down?

PM me if you can help me out it would be greatly appreciated!!
    Yeah 6IV Ditto is actually preferred, unless you want a 0IV in one of the stats. Ditto cannot pass down Hidden Abilities though, the Pokemon breeding with the Ditto must have the Hidden Ability.

Xerneas_X

Raven
    Years
  • There are more Dragon Types that learn Steel type attacks that can be used to fight against Fairy Types. There are other types that can help them fight as well.

Goodra can learn Sludgebomb, Sludgewave, and Poison Tail as well as Iron Tail. Dragonite learns Iron Tail. Altaria can learn Steel Wing. Flygon can learn Steel Wing. Hydreigon can learn Flash Cannon (Since its Special Attack oriented its better with Flash Cannon). Tyrantrum has Poison Fang. Noivern can use Steel Wing Garchomp has Iron Head and Iron Tail, though Iron Tail is better.

Iron Tail is most likely going to reappear on the Move Tutor list since its not spread out like it used to be. Most of the Dragons have some way to defend themselves.

I am aware of these moves, but from my experience. Sludge bomb, flash cannon, iron tail, steel wing, poison jab, etc etc, all of them do not hit my Xerneas as hard as Iron Tail/Bullet Punch, all which potentially 1-hit KO Xerneas if the Pokemon is Adamant and Spec'd for 252 EVs in Attack.

I have been hit with sludge bombs from goodra, all of which can only do maybe what i estimate 30% damage.. but goodra dies long before it could land a 2nd or even a 3rd hit to kill xerneas. Noivern's steel wing is weak.. it's better off hitting Xerneas with Hurricane which will damage it much greater and possibly confuse it. Hydregon hitting Xerneas with Flash Cannon, only does about 50% damage, but if xerneas has gotten off it's Geomancy (since it moves faster than hydregon), at best, it will only do 10-15% damage, barely a scratch. Dragonite is way too slow to hit xerneas with a iron tail.. it would die to a moonblast before that ever happened.

All i can say is from my experience in X&Y. the one and only dragons that have ever been a threat to my Fairies, have only ever been Garchomp and Zygarde. 100% of the others have died long before they could attack, either 1-hit KO, or if they survived, they couldn't do significant damage to take out Xerneas and in return died on the 2nd turn. You gotta remember that Fairies are more Special Defense built than Defense.. even their power up moves like Geomancy and Calm Mind raise their Special Defense even more! but yet they are still 100% vulnerable to Physical Attacks. So Iron Head in my opinion is still the #1 best option.

Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2014
    Yeah 6IV Ditto is actually preferred, unless you want a 0IV in one of the stats. Ditto cannot pass down Hidden Abilities though, the Pokemon breeding with the Ditto must have the Hidden Ability.

Okay say if i wanted a Protean Froakie. Could i possibly get one in an egg by breeding a ditto with a froakie without Protean???

εcho.

The silver ninetales
    Years
  • Okay say if i wanted a Protean Froakie. Could i possibly get one in an egg by breeding a ditto with a froakie without Protean???

No, you would need to have a Froakie (or a Frogardier/Greninja) with Protean to start in order to get a chance at the egg hatching with the Hidden Ability.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Okay say if i wanted a Protean Froakie. Could i possibly get one in an egg by breeding a ditto with a froakie without Protean???
    Nope, the Froakie/Forgadier/Greninja paired with the Ditto must have Protean.

Years
  • Can you change the in-game time?

I haven't really looked into it but the specific time limit of 8-9PM for Mega Stone gathering is a bit annoying to me, not the time itself but the clock the game uses is one hour ahead of mine so I keep forgetting to go an hour earlier. Can you like change it or something? (I'm a noob at the settings :/)

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Your 3DS is set an hour ahead if that is true. The time for your game is set through the 3DS' internal clock. If you want to reset the time on the game, you have to reset your 3DS clock.

Years
  • Your 3DS is set an hour ahead if that is true. The time for your game is set through the 3DS' internal clock. If you want to reset the time on the game, you have to reset your 3DS clock.

Wow I feel like an idiot! Haha!
    Thank you
    Edit: My only concern was that I tried this in other PKMN games (To see if I could mess with the time) And It didn't work, so I just quickly assumed the same thing wouldn't work in here

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    All the DS games are controlled by the internal clock. Those also have a 24 hour lock everytime you change the time though where you couldn't do any events on them if you changed your time. Made it a pain for DLS.

Phangy

Master
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2014
    if you change the time, it locks things for 24 hours, berry farm, juice shoppe, etc.

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    4. I have lots and lots of money. What use are they for?(got alot of everything)

In addition to what everyone else has said, you can use the money to pay for Writs in the Battle Chateau to train your Pokemon faster.

I am aware of these moves, but from my experience. Sludge bomb, flash cannon, iron tail, steel wing, poison jab, etc etc, all of them do not hit my Xerneas as hard as Iron Tail/Bullet Punch, all which potentially 1-hit KO Xerneas if the Pokemon is Adamant and Spec'd for 252 EVs in Attack.

These are all powerful moves when used by the right Pokemon. The only reason the special moves don't hit your Xerneas very hard is because it's using Geomancy. Bullet Punch is most common on Scizor, and will usually come with the Technician Ability and a Choice Band, which together with Scizor's high Attack makes it very powerful. So that's why you're finding that a problem. Iron Tail simply has a higher base power than the other moves.

I have been hit with sludge bombs from goodra, all of which can only do maybe what i estimate 30% damage..

30% is decent. And you're probably using Geomancy.

Noivern's steel wing is weak..

Noivern has terrible Attack.

Hydregon hitting Xerneas with Flash Cannon, only does about 50% damage, but if xerneas has gotten off it's Geomancy (since it moves faster than hydregon), at best, it will only do 10-15% damage, barely a scratch. Dragonite is way too slow to hit xerneas with a iron tail.. it would die to a moonblast before that ever happened.

Well, 50% is good. And yeah, Geomancy is the only reason it would do little damage.

Why do you keep comparing everything to Xerneas? Most people who play competitively will be playing OU, where Xerneas is banned anyway...

You gotta remember that Fairies are more Special Defense built than Defense..

Slurpuff, Mawile, Granbull, Whimsicott and Klefki all have higher base Defense than Special Defense. And Azumarill and Carbink have equal amounts of each. The only ones with significantly higher Special Defense are Sylveon, Florges, Gardevoir and Mr. Mime.

Last edited:

Xerneas_X

Raven
    Years
  • Slurpuff, Mawile, Granbull and Klefki all have higher base Defense than Special Defense. And Azumarill and Carbink have equal amounts of each.

Even though they are fairies, they are a totally different class as Klefki, Mawile, and azumarill are different than the norm.. because unlike the majority of fairies, they aren't vulnerable to Steel moves like Iron Head and Flash Cannon like other Fairies, so Garchomp would of made no difference to them (except earthquake for mawile/klefki), instead your pokes with flamethrower or thunderbolt would need to come into play. while the others Granbull & slurpuff would pretty much die instantly to an ironhead even with the slightly higher def as it is pathetically low (less than 140 in battle), even Xerneas has more defense than them and is more special defense built.

Why do you keep comparing everything to Xerneas? Most people who play competitively will be playing OU, where Xerneas is banned anyway...

Take a look at my signature xD.. Also I battle mostly on Battle Spot>Free Play and direct person to person battles, where i think also the majority of battlers (pokemon players) battle, not Smogon arranged or official competition... So Legendaries are allowed and everyone is leveled to 50 (unless lower).

Not everyone plays competition and I don't think the Original Poster was talking about pokemon for use in official/unofficial competition use, instead they were asking which dragon would be better on their team for normal battling..

I have literally over 1,100 wi-fi battles on the battle spot and direct person to person battles in Pokemon X.. so I've encountered pretty much every single kind of team/threat.. and from my experience all I can say is of all the dragons i've encountered. Garchomp and Zygarde are the only two that manage to actually make a slight difference against Xerneas, not so much Zygarde as his movepool doesnt really have anything threatening but is at least able to survive a moonblast if EV trained for tank or has a berry and do a bit of damage, but it's garchomp who Ever had the potential to actually take out and kill my Xerneas (even with Geomancy) if it was fully EV trained, good nature, and possibly Choice Scarf to outspeed or focus sash to survive.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    Even though they are fairies, they are a totally different class as Klefki, Mawile, and azumarill are different than the norm.. because unlike the majority of fairies, they aren't vulnerable to Steel moves like Iron Head and Flash Cannon like other Fairies, so Garchomp would of made no difference to them (except earthquake for mawile/klefki), instead your pokes with flamethrower or thunderbolt would need to come into play.

My point was that Fairy-types are just as likely to be physically-oriented as they are to be specially-oriented.

while the others Granbull & slurpuff would pretty much die instantly to an ironhead even with the slightly higher def as it is pathetically low (less than 140 in battle), even Xerneas has more defense than them and is more special defense built.

Xerneas is a legendary, so it's hardly fair to use it in a comparison. And you're wrong, Xerneas has almost identical base Defense and Special Defense.

Take a look at my signature xD..

Yeah, you're obsessed with Xerneas, but most people aren't, and it's pretty narrow-minded to compare everything to Xerneas. Mostly such comparisons are irrelevant to the bigger picture, since Xerneas is hardly a representative example.

Also I battle mostly on Battle Spot>Free Play and direct person to person battles, where i think also the majority of battlers (pokemon players) battle, not Smogon arranged or official competition... So Legendaries are allowed and everyone is leveled to 50 (unless lower).

Not everyone plays competition and I don't think the Original Poster was talking about pokemon for use in official/unofficial competition use, instead they were asking which dragon would be better on their team for normal battling..

Most people who play on those are either playing for fun or playing Uber battles. Competitive players tend to do Rating Battles on Battle Spot or play on Pokemon Showdown, since Ubers unbalance everything, restricting creative freedom and making strategy less important. I would call Rating Battles "normal battling" too :P

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    1) Thunder wave is to Paralyze, Will-O-Wisp is to burn, Toxic is to poison, is there a move that just freezes, or if only damaging moves are there any that have a high percentage of freezing?

2) Paralysis lowers speed, Burns lower Attack, does Poison have any additional effects? (Besides toxic which just does higher damage the more turns that pass)

3) What's your CHEAPEST or most powerful or impressive moveset for smeargle? I already have the Dark Void/Lock On/Sheer Cold but was considering other ideas. (and considering I DO NOT compete with Smogon rules, there's no banned moves you can't suggest) I'm just looking for really good ideas and Google just keeps spitting out message boards with "Well I use THIS because smogon bans this, that and the other thing" or whatever, and I want some completely unfettered Smeargle ideas. Also as a note, I am hoping for movesets that aren't more than 3 moves just because Smeargle's 4th move is Transform, however I would still like to hear ideas for Smeargle even if you suggest all 4 moves. and as a FURTHER note, I will also have a secondary Smeargle that is a Baton Passer with Moody and has Spiky Shield or King's Shield/Recover/Subsititute/Baton Pass so you don't need to suggest baton passing moves for my main smeargle, but I would love to also hear ideas for my baton passer too. Thanks! :D

Xerneas_X

Raven
    Years
  • Yeah, you're obsessed with Xerneas, but most people aren't, and it's pretty narrow-minded to compare everything to Xerneas. Mostly such comparisons are irrelevant to the bigger picture, since Xerneas is hardly a representative example.

False, Xerneas is the #1 most common fairy-type I encounter on Battle Spot. So it is probably the best representative for the type in my opinion.

I see more Xerneas in battle than I do Azumarill, Togekiss, Klefki, Mawile, the Blissey/Clefairy lines, Sylveon, etc.. well maybe equally as Gardevour as that one is very common too. but the rest, i can honestly say i dont encounter as much as i do an opposing Xerneas.

I rarely if ever see Granbull, Slurpuff, Aromataise, carbink, or any plant fairy

What's your CHEAPEST or most powerful or impressive moveset for smeargle?

I think you already checked all the boxes..

Cant get any cheaper or more pathetic than the no-skill cheat move Dark Void.. anything beyond that is just overkill. You could add a "Dark/ghost" move to Smergal for the 1 in 10,000 chance you encounter a user with Magic Bounce (i.e. Xatu), which would make Dark Void backfire and instead put your Smergal (and team) to sleep causing you to ragequit like the trainers with Darkrai that I encounter on a daily basis xD.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    False, Xerneas is the #1 most common fairy-type I encounter on Battle Spot. So it is probably the best representative for the type in my opinion.

I see more Xerneas in battle than I do Azumarill, Togekiss, Klefki, Mawile, the Blissey/Clefairy lines, Sylveon, etc.. well maybe equally as Gardevour as that one is very common too. but the rest, i can honestly say i dont encounter as much as i do an opposing Xerneas.

I rarely if ever see Granbull, Slurpuff, Aromataise, carbink, or any plant fairy

I think you already checked all the boxes..

Cant get any cheaper or more pathetic than the no-skill cheat move Dark Void.. anything beyond that is just overkill. You could add a "Dark/ghost" move to Smergal for the 1 in 10,000 chance you encounter a user with Magic Bounce (i.e. Xatu), which would make Dark Void backfire and instead put your Smergal (and team) to sleep causing you to ragequit like the trainers with Darkrai that I encounter on a daily basis xD.

Okay, you know that Dark Void ONLY puts the opposing team to sleep right? I think I would still need SOMETHING more than just that! ;-) (It's only Darkrai that actually drains the sleeping pokemon because of it's ability, but Dark Void in and of itself does nothing but put the opposing team to sleep)

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    What's your CHEAPEST or most powerful or impressive moveset for smeargle?

Try the following: Spore, Shell Smash, Magic Coat, and Baton Pass. You could make your opponent fall asleep with Spore, give some heavy increase to your Speed and offensive stats with Shell Smash, then pass all the boost to some special or physical (or even mixed) attacker with Baton Pass. After that, you could immediately start sweeping your foe. Smeargle could be taken out pretty easily though, so don't forget to make it hold Focus Sash. :p

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Try the following: Spore, Shell Smash, Magic Coat, and Baton Pass. You could make your opponent fall asleep with Spore, give some heavy increase to your Speed and offensive stats with Shell Smash, then pass all the boost to some special or physical (or even mixed) attacker with Baton Pass. After that, you could immediately start sweeping your foe. Smeargle could be taken out pretty easily though, so don't forget to make it hold Focus Sash. :p

I would probably stick with Dark Void to Spore because grass types are immune to Spore now, but Shell Smash on my Moody Smeargle might have some pretty great potential. And I never even thought of Magic Coat, good idea!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back