• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2014
    Hi there,

I'm wondering about the effect of Exp. Share on pokemon's base stats (the stats they revert to when taken to level 50 in vs. battle)........are IV breeding and EV training the only thing I can do to effect the base stats of any given pokemon? Will using experience share when I go to level them up diminish their base stats (i.e., should I level them up individually)......

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Hi there,

I'm wondering about the effect of Exp. Share on pokemon's base stats (the stats they revert to when taken to level 50 in vs. battle)........are IV breeding and EV training the only thing I can do to effect the base stats of any given pokemon? Will using experience share when I go to level them up diminish their base stats (i.e., should I level them up individually)......

Exp. Share has no effect on base stats at all. If you're talking about EVs, the Pokemon affected by the Exp. Share (the ones who didn't participate in the battle) will still get EVs.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    is Deoxys like Rotom in the sense that you can have multiple Deoxys in one game and have all 4 forms, or is it like Kyurem where you can only have 1 form at 1 time?

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    Does anyone know if the Shiny Charm affects the shiny rate in the Friend Safari?

JayTheKing

~~King Of Valla~~
    Years
  • X/Y Quick Q&A (Read First Post)

What is that thing?

§1

Rocket grunt
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2022
    ok, my first question is: is there a way to re-EV train a pokemon that is at level 100?

and my second question is: how does destiny knot work?
    does it only tranfer 5 stats if any, or does it randomly transfer 1-6 of the six stats?

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    ok, my first question is: is there a way to re-EV train a pokemon that is at level 100?

and my second question is: how does destiny knot work?
    does it only tranfer 5 stats if any, or does it randomly transfer 1-6 of the six stats?

yep you can, for every 4 EVs you get your stats automatically go up (you can see it between battles or as they raise in super training if you check the summary screen)

the Destiny Knot randomly selects 5 IVs from both parents. (So it could select 3 IVs from the father and 2 from the mother, 4 from one, 1 from the other, or any combination that results in 5. The stats and who they are from is randomly chosen with each egg) and it is always 5 stats.

Xerneas_X

Raven
    Years
  • Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    is Deoxys like Rotom in the sense that you can have multiple Deoxys in one game and have all 4 forms, or is it like Kyurem where you can only have 1 form at 1 time?

You can have multiple Deoxys in a game with different forms. I have one in defense form and one in attack form on my Y atm.

oh thank goodness SOMEBODY finally posted a link! Thank you so much! I missed that place! ;-)
    You guys were just looking for the trade plaza? You kept saying "trade market", so I thought it was a completely different thing. Otherwise I woulda given you the link already. It's not that hard to find the trade plaza.

If you need to reset a Pokemon's EV's, you can either use a reset bag or the EV-reducing berries. Level 100 Pokemon can gain EVs since EVs are applied after every battle and not after a level-up like in the pre-Gen 5 days.

Xerneas_X

Raven
    Years
  • What is that thing?

Considering if you use Google's reverse image search, and the Oldest post with that Pokemon-Amie picture originated from the foolz.us forum, it's obviously a fake

Also slightly older than that, i found it's true origin, from a russian site that has posted a lot of other proposed fan-based pokemon ideas and proposals.

Lastly, the way you can tell it's fake is the disproportional /crudely drawn edges, gamefreak's artist draw pokemon's shapes/edges more smooth with good proportion and lines that meet up.

the biggest mistake on that drawing if you missed it is the round thing on the top left, if you notice the poor Circle outline, where it meets the poorly drawn misshaped tube thing, the circle's lines do not meet up (one side is lower than the other).

Yes you can, to reset it's stats, the #1 easiest way is to open super training, and punch the blank punching bag, eventually your pokemon will find a bag named "Reset Bag" use that on the pokemon you want to reset their EVs and it will completely remove them all :D!

Lastly, to quickly re-EV train your pokemon in under 15-20 minutes, without the need for vitamins or hours of tedious and boring Super Training or normal Battling, I made a Guide here:

https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=8050492

Last edited:

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • Okay so I finally got around to downloading Pokemon Bank but everytime I try to connect to it I keep getting that damn "006-0112" error. I've googled and I've tried changing my DNS settings but nothing works. What does the error actually mean? Is it a server thing? Do I just have to wait?

I wouldn't think it'd be an internet problem since I actually downloaded it earlier.

Xerneas_X

Raven
    Years
  • Okay so I finally got around to downloading Pokemon Bank but everytime I try to connect to it I keep getting that damn "006-0112" error. I've googled and I've tried changing my DNS settings but nothing works. What does the error actually mean? Is it a server thing? Do I just have to wait?

I wouldn't think it'd be an internet problem since I actually downloaded it earlier.
    Nintendo says this:

Error Code: 006-0112
    Situation:

You were disconnected while using an online feature, such as Pokémon Bank.
    What to Do:

• If you receive this error code, move closer to your wireless router or access point and try again.
    • If the issue persists, review your DNS settings, and update the settings to auto-obtain.
      • If this is already set to auto-obtain, you may try entering an alternate DNS, such as Google's DNS.
    Situation Not Resolved:

If the issue continues for an extended amount of time, please contact Nintendo by calling 1-800-255-3700. Representatives are available from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m., Pacific Time, 7 days a week.

Also looking on Google. i see someone got it working after they removed then reinstalled pokemon bank, so try that :D!

Lastly, Pokemon Bank may be finnicky at times, sometimes it will even refuse to let me sign in (i never pay attention to any error codes if any), so if it still doesn't work, give it 15-30 min and try again.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    I need some advice. So I've been trying to get a Zorua with 31 IVs in every stat EXCEPT Sp Def, which I'm trying to get a 30 in. The reason is so that it's hidden power will be Steel type, so that couple with Aerial Ace will have all it's type weaknesses covered. Bu it's been days and even though I was able to trade off a couple 6IV pokemon for legendaries, I am wondering if there's anything I can do to help the process along. Should I put my 6IV zorua into daycare and that way only 1 IV will ever be random, but I will then lose that pokemon for active battle because it will level up so much I won't be able to battle it up (which is what I like to do)

The one I have in daycare now has has 5IVs (except for HP) and the partner is 6IV, but if I made two 6IV pokemon would that speed things along? So far the best two Zoruas have 6IV and a 5IV (where SP Def is 28, so it's still Steel type, but I want to get those two points up to 30 to get it's Sp Def up as high as possible since it's nature lowers it.

Anyway, would having two 6IV parents help speed things along? Anything at all I can do to get that random stat to be 30? OR is it simply days more of me breeding?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I need some advice. So I've been trying to get a Zorua with 31 IVs in every stat EXCEPT Sp Def, which I'm trying to get a 30 in. The reason is so that it's hidden power will be Steel type, so that couple with Aerial Ace will have all it's type weaknesses covered. Bu it's been days and even though I was able to trade off a couple 6IV pokemon for legendaries, I am wondering if there's anything I can do to help the process along. Should I put my 6IV zorua into daycare and that way only 1 IV will ever be random, but I will then lose that pokemon for active battle because it will level up so much I won't be able to battle it up (which is what I like to do)

The one I have in daycare now has has 5IVs (except for HP) and the partner is 6IV, but if I made two 6IV pokemon would that speed things along? So far the best two Zoruas have 6IV and a 5IV (where SP Def is 28, so it's still Steel type, but I want to get those two points up to 30 to get it's Sp Def up as high as possible since it's nature lowers it.

Anyway, would having two 6IV parents help speed things along? Anything at all I can do to get that random stat to be 30? OR is it simply days more of me breeding?

For something as frail as Zorua or Zoroark, HP, Special Defense and Defense IVs don't matter, as they take massive damage from other moves either way.

Also, just putting that out there, Zoroark has no reason to use Hidden Power at all. It has good coverage moves in Flamethrower and Focus Blast; it also has no need to use Aerial Ace because the move is weak. A neutral Focus Blast does as much as a 2x super effective Aerial Ace to put in perspective; the former also potentially does more because Zoroark's Special Attack is higher than its Attack.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    For something as frail as Zorua or Zoroark, HP, Special Defense and Defense IVs don't matter, as they take massive damage from other moves either way.

Also, just putting that out there, Zoroark has no reason to use Hidden Power at all. It has good coverage moves in Flamethrower and Focus Blast; it also has no need to use Aerial Ace because the move is weak. A neutral Focus Blast does as much as a 2x super effective Aerial Ace to put in perspective; the former also potentially does more because Zoroark's Special Attack is higher than its Attack.

the problem is that none of those statements result in me getting a 30 Sp Def ;-)
    And while it does have good coverage for types in general, Flamethrower does not do double damage against fighting types or Fairy Types, and while Focus Blast does cover 5 types, it also has 70% accuracy and also does not do double damage against Fairy, Fighting or Bug types. And while it's true that Aerial Ace and Hidden Power are weak, they would do 120 damage (each) to the types that are weak against them (which are the types that would do the most damage to Zoroark), vs 95 neutral damage against those same types (obviously bug is the exception to this). And while Focus blast would indeed be a much higher damage, even with neutral damage, it's still got an accuracy of 70%. And yes, Zoroark is tremendously weak defensively, which is the whole point of trying to squeeze every last point I can possibly get rather than just not even trying and making it even weaker than it already is.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • the problem is that none of those statements result in me getting a 30 Sp Def ;-)
    And while it does have good coverage for types in general, Flamethrower does not do double damage against fighting types or Fairy Types, and while Focus Blast does cover 5 types, it also has 70% accuracy and also does not do double damage against Fairy, Fighting or Bug types. And while it's true that Aerial Ace and Hidden Power are weak, they would do 120 damage (each) to the types that are weak against them (which are the types that would do the most damage to Zoroark), vs 95 neutral damage against those same types (obviously bug is the exception to this). And while Focus blast would indeed be a much higher damage, even with neutral damage, it's still got an accuracy of 70%. And yes, Zoroark is tremendously weak defensively, which is the whole point of trying to squeeze every last point I can possibly get rather than just not even trying and making it even weaker than it already is.
    Flamethrower got nerfed to 90 BP. ._.

Also, Zoroark needs Flamethrower and Focus Blast for Steel Pokemon, which may survive a neutral Dark Pulse or Night Daze from it, particularly Scizor, Genesect and Ferrothorn. Even though HP Steel lets Zoroark hit Fairies, devoting a moveslot to it is a waste of time, IMO, as Zoroark has good coverage in Dark/Fire/Fighting. Sure, Focus Blast is inaccurate, but Zoroark still needs it for the coverage. And before you ask, I'm already aware of how much Aerial Ace and Hidden Power do to super effective targets, but as I said, devoting moveslots to either one is a waste of time.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    the problem is that none of those statements result in me getting a 30 Sp Def ;-)

Maybe it'd be better to let Zoroark's teammates handle Fairies? Sounds better than driving yourself nuts over a very specific IV spread.

And what does Aerial Ace cover for it that its other moves can't?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back