• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigSteve

Pokemon Bright Gold
Years
  • <p>Is it just me or if Xerneas always in its 'special' forme in battle?</p><p>Is there any point to it?</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>also, why do the B/W Kyurem formes not get an in-battle forme shown in dex? They get Blue / Red extra bits where the Splicers on Kyurems shoulders attach to the donor tail....</p>

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
  • I have a Thundurus-Incarnate caught in White version, and I have Thundurus-Therian and Tornadus-Therian from Black 2's Dream Radar. I'm considering transfering them over to XY, but I want to know if I'll be able to change their formes there. Furthermore, if it'll be limited to only the Dream Radar ones being able to change formes, or if my White version one can too.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • <p>Is it just me or if Xerneas always in its 'special' forme in battle?</p><p>Is there any point to it?</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>also, why do the B/W Kyurem formes not get an in-battle forme shown in dex? They get Blue / Red extra bits where the Splicers on Kyurems shoulders attach to the donor tail....</p>

Xerneas is in its Active Mode while it's in battle or in Super Training. It's in its Neutral Mode outside of battle (whether it's in the summary screen or in Pokemon-Amie).

@Shrew: If you transfer over a Therian Kami over to X/Y, you should be able to change their forms when you show them to the female Scientist in Reflection Cave and get the Reveal Glass from her. (a more detailed explanation to what BigSteve mentioned)

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I have both pokemon x and y, I would like to have all the pokemon and mega stones on my y game. Is there any way to get all the mega stones from x onto my y game. I also would like to know if there is anyone who knows how to get all the legendaries on to my x game like darkrai etc.

you just need to trade them, but you need to trade with a person and then they need to trade you back (GTS and Wonder trade won't allow mega stones or event legendaries as you know) but there is no limitation with person to person trades.

In addition to that, if you're looking for a person to trade with, you could check out our Trade Corner board. Good luck!

§1

Rocket grunt
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2022
    is it possible to have 2 of the same pokemon with the same IVs have different type hidden powers?

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    is it possible to have 2 of the same pokemon with the same IVs have different type hidden powers?

I don't think so. If your Pokémon have the same, exact IVs, then I believe they'll be having the same Hidden Powers as well.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Anyone know the location whereabouts to find Spinarak and/or Ariados at in X & Y?
    Ariados can be found within Victory Road or Terminus Cave. They usually drop from the celing when you step on a shadow or something. You have to breed for a Spinarak.

Xerneas_X

Raven
    Years
  • So I am guessing you can not find them anywhere else in these 2 games but where you said?

Unfortunately, that is the only two locations for Ariados, and Spinarak can only be acquired by breeding Ariados.

Your only other option is nabbing some off the GTS.

Ashleyx

I see food, I eat it.
    Years
  • Anyone know the location whereabouts to find Spinarak and/or Ariados at in X & Y?
    I have a Ariados safari. Please contact by PM/VM.

I'm trying to get a hitmontop but my tyrogue keeps evolving into hitmonlee. I'm aware that attack has to equal defense. I've reset a lot of times and it keeps giving me hitmonlee. I'm defeating poliwhirl so it doesn't give any defense or attack ev. Does nature matter? It has lax nature.

Xerneas_X

Raven
    Years
  • I have a Ariados safari. Please contact by PM/VM.

I'm trying to get a hitmontop but my tyrogue keeps evolving into hitmonlee. I'm aware that attack has to equal defense. I've reset a lot of times and it keeps giving me hitmonlee. I'm defeating poliwhirl so it doesn't give any defense or attack ev. Does nature matter? It has lax nature.

If I am correct, It's not just equal EVs that matter to evolve Tyrogue into Hitmontop, but also the IVs matter.. i.e. if it was level 19 and you reset it's EV stats all to 0 (or they were equal), but it's attack IV was 31 but it's Defense IV was 19.. it won't evolve into Hitmontop unfortunately.

So you'll most likely need a Tyrogre with equal IVs in Attack and Defense (better to get one from a Friend safari with perfect IV in those stats) and then when you get it to level 19, just reset it's EV stats to 0 (use a reset bag or just never raise them in the first place), then you should get a Hitmontop :P

Because what's happening is, with the uneven IVs, during evolution it causes it's base stats to grow different (more for the Higher IV, less for the Weaker IV.

Ashleyx

I see food, I eat it.
    Years
  • If I am correct, It's not just equal EVs that matter to evolve Tyrogue into Hitmontop, but also the IVs matter.. i.e. if it was level 19 and you reset it's EV stats all to 0 (or they were equal), but it's attack IV was 31 but it's Defense IV was 19.. it won't evolve into Hitmontop unfortunately.

So you'll most likely need a Tyrogre with equal IVs in Attack and Defense (better to get one from a Friend safari with perfect IV in those stats) and then when you get it to level 19, just reset it's EV stats to 0 (use a reset bag or just never raise them in the first place), then you should get a Hitmontop :P

Because what's happening is, with the uneven IVs, during evolution it causes it's base stats to grow different (more for the Higher IV, less for the Weaker IV.
    Thank you but can I use vitamins or train it using geodude hordes for my current tyrogue?

Xerneas_X

Raven
    Years
  • Thank you but can I use vitamins or train it using geodude hordes for my current tyrogue?

Well IVs (Individual Values) cannot be changed, they are Permanent from birth (they are hidden but can be checked using an IV Calculator or get an idea from the Stats Judge in Kilode City Pokemon Center), as for Geodude hordes, those just increase Defense EVs (Effort Values) and Vitamins same thing, only Increase EVs of the respective stat the Vitamin is for..

Ashleyx

I see food, I eat it.
    Years
  • Well IVs (Individual Values) cannot be changed, they are Permanent from birth (they are hidden but can be checked using an IV Calculator or get an idea from the Stats Judge in Kilode City Pokemon Center), as for Geodude hordes, those just increase Defense EVs (Effort Values) and Vitamins same thing, only Increase EVs of the respective stat the Vitamin is for..
    I just defeat a graveler and it evolve into hitmontop. I guess EV also matter as it gain some attack ev before this.

Brentane

Lucario Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2014
    I may not be able to trade my Brave Yveltal for a Modest Yveltal. So I would like advice on how to build my Brave Yveltal. I have no idea where to start since it has good special attack sets.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back