• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xerneas_X

Raven
Years
  • I may not be able to trade my Brave Yveltal for a Modest Yveltal. So I would like advice on how to build my Brave Yveltal. I have no idea where to start since it has good special attack sets.

Even though it's Brave, Brave doesn't drop it's Sp. Attack stats, and even though it may not be the best nature to fully optimize Sp. Atk that doesn't mean you can't teach it Sp. Attack moves.

I use to run a Brave Xerneas on my team from October to December and I still won the majority of my battles and it had full Sp. Attacks.

Luckily I eventually got a Modest Xerneas, but don't let Brave Stop you.

Ashleyx

I see food, I eat it.
    Years
  • Does friend safari have a higher chance of pokemon being shiny? Because my shiny pokemon are almost all caught from safari.

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    Does friend safari have a higher chance of pokemon being shiny? Because my shiny pokemon are almost all caught from safari.

Yeah, it's significantly higher. Not much is known about it though.

(Speaking of which, I may as well reiterate my previous question, which was unanswered: does anyone know if the Shiny Charm has the same effect in the Friend Safari as with other wild encounters?)

Ashleyx

I see food, I eat it.
    Years
  • Yeah, it's significantly higher. Not much is known about it though.

(Speaking of which, I may as well reiterate my previous question, which was unanswered: does anyone know if the Shiny Charm has the same effect in the Friend Safari as with other wild encounters?)
    I think this is not known yet.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I have a question, guys; I was trying to transfer one of my Pokémon earlier today, but Bank blocked it. It was hacked, but not badly, though. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks in advance. :)

Xerneas_X

Raven
    Years
  • I have a question, guys; I was trying to transfer one of my Pokémon earlier today, but Bank blocked it. It was hacked, but not badly, though. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks in advance. :)

Well, what you were doing wrong was trying to transfer a hacked pokemon.. you answered your own question xD!!

but if you want a real answer, here's the criteria that Pokemon Bank Blocks according to ProjectPokemon.org:

1. Jirachi (Shiny, from the RNG'ed save)
    2. Pkmn with DW ability that is not released
    3. Wrong location (i.e. caught in mystery zone or somewhere it can't be found)
    4. Bad hacks (i.e. invalid byte data, has moves/ability that it cannot have, invalid EV ranges, Invalid IVs + Invalid Personality Value, Invalid Nicknames, Invalid Origin info (i.e. marked from black 2, but should of been from platinum), invalid pokeball, etc)

If you're creating your own hacked pokemon :| (how dare you!!!) there's always resources like pokecheck.org where you can upload your pkm file or have it nab it (clone it) from the GTS, then you can run a "Legality Analysis" scan on it and it will tell you of any errors, invalid data, etc.

If it's all clear on there, then it will most likely transfer to X&Y.. but if it has errors, then the chance is high that it will not pass Pokemon Bank.

If you see a post I made here on the Pokemon Bank's release date, I asked the question if anyone else had issues trying to transfer their pokes over Pokemon bank, my 6IV Xatus and battle Mewtwo were refusing to transfer, even though they both were legit as far as I knew (i bred the xatus myself), but turned out Xatu was bred down from a line that originated from a hacked pokemon that I must of used during the early breeding process, and mewtwo had some error with it's trash data.. i solved the issues by having pokecheck clone them through GTS, downloaded the pkm files it created, then was able to wipe and correct the errors it showed (basically just had to save a fresh copy), then I uploaded it back to pokecheck and it showed they had no errors, then transferred them back into my Black 2, and voila! they were fixed and were able to be transfer into X&Y with no errors.

For example this Bidoof *cough*GODoof*cough* that knows moves that it shouldn't :| such as Judgement, Roar of time, has an incorrect PP range, and invalid nickname: https://www.pokecheck.org/?screenshot=4813057&la

Last edited:

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • Sooooo that error was because of my internet. It's fast enough to download the app but not strong enough to actually use it...

So I used my phone's internet which worked. :)) Problem solved.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    1. Jirachi (Shiny, from the RNG'ed save)
    2. Pkmn with DW ability that is not released
    3. Wrong location (i.e. caught in mystery zone or somewhere it can't be found)
    4. Bad hacks (i.e. invalid byte data, has moves/ability that it cannot have, invalid EV ranges, Invalid IVs + Invalid Personality Value, Invalid Nicknames, Invalid Origin info (i.e. marked from black 2, but should of been from platinum), invalid pokeball, etc)

Ah, okay, I get it; checked again, and the Pokémon seems to have three extra EVs. Whoops. I'll fix it up and see if it works. Thanks a ton!

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Does friend safari have a higher chance of pokemon being shiny? Because my shiny pokemon are almost all caught from safari.

Shiny ratio is the same through the game unless you have extra help, PokeRadar, Chain Fishing, Matsuda Method, or Shiny Charm. My current Shiny count is 3 to 1, Three caught/seen in the wild regularly and one caught in the Friend Safari.

Friend Safari seems easier because there are less Pokemon involved while the game RNGs the Pokemon to spawn for you, but the actual encounter rate is the same.

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    Shiny ratio is the same through the game unless you have extra help, PokeRadar, Chain Fishing, Matsuda Method, or Shiny Charm. My current Shiny count is 3 to 1, Three caught/seen in the wild regularly and one caught in the Friend Safari.

Friend Safari seems easier because there are less Pokemon involved while the game RNGs the Pokemon to spawn for you, but the actual encounter rate is the same.

Not according to the masses of anecdotal evidence you can find on the internet... There are far too many people reporting finding extraordinarily many shinies in the Friend Safari for it to be false.

Xerneas_X

Raven
    Years
  • Not according to the masses of anecdotal evidence you can find on the internet... There are far too many people reporting finding extraordinarily many shinies in the Friend Safari for it to be false.

i think that is only because people like to camp in safaris since they are easier to get the pokemon you're after..

i mean if i wanted a shiny ditto.. i'd most definately try my luck in a safari, rather than try in the pokemon village, as i'd have easier chances of having ditto show up in the safari and with better IVs/ability

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    i think that is only because people like to camp in safaris since they are easier to get the pokemon you're after..

i mean if i wanted a shiny ditto.. i'd most definately try my luck in a safari, rather than try in the pokemon village, as i'd have easier chances of having ditto show up in the safari and with better IVs/ability

But people are reporting an average of one shiny every couple of hours, which is only about 500 encounters. That is much higher than 1/4096.

Xerneas_X

Raven
    Years
  • But people are reporting an average of one shiny per hour, which is only a few hundred encounters. That is much higher than 1/4096.

1/4096 is just an odd. doesn't mean you get one shiny every 4096 encounters.

you can have 10,000+ encounters and never encounter a shiny or you could be new and encounter your first shiny on route 3 on your 2nd encounter, because no matter if it's you're 2nd encounter the odd of it being shiny is 1 out of 4096 or even if it's your 9,394rd encounter, the odd is still 1 out of 4096 chance that it will be shiny.

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    1/4096 is just an odd. doesn't mean you get one shiny every 4096 encounters.

you can have 10,000+ encounters and never encounter a shiny or you could be new and encounter your first shiny on route 3 on your 2nd encounter, because no matter if it's you're 2nd encounter the odd of it being shiny is 1 out of 4096 or even if it's your 9,394rd encounter, the odd is still 1 out of 4096 chance that it will be shiny.

I know how statistics work :P I've spent years of my life studying the damn subject {XD} It's all about numbers. One person reporting this wouldn't be worth commenting on, but when you have hundreds reporting the same thing, you can't ignore it.

Years
  • When is shiny, a shiny?

When is the pokemon shiny? Is it when the egg is made or is it when the egg is hatched?

If it was when the egg is made wouldn't it be a different color egg, standing out as shiny?
    When is the 1/8000, 1/1600(masuda), 1/400(masuda+shiny charm) percentage run?

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    When concerning eggs, its when the egg itself is generated based on what your character's Shiny Value is. If your Shiny Value matched the ID for the Pokemon then it hatches as a Shiny.

This was something discovered and exploited before the last patch.

Also the chance to find a Shiny dropped this gen. Overall its easier to find Shinies in Kalos than any other region.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back