• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
  • theSyko501 if your Pokemon has max affection in Pokemon-Amie it will get boosted experience. It will also look back to you in battle and in some cases break through paralysis if it has been expel poison. It will also increase that Pokemon's chances of landing critical hits.

Did you max out it's affection or just get the required 2 hearts? Because at max affection you get boosted experience

Playing with your Pokemon in Pokemon Amie a lot gives it many benefits, including boosted EXP. ^.^
    A Pokemon with at least 2 Amie hearts gets the boosted EXP.
    Not sure if this us a good strategy or not, but I was thinking of getting a defense form Deoxys, maxing out Def and SpDef and using him like a super wobbuffet (spikes, stealth rock, counter, mirror coat) would this be a worthwhile strategy?
    Not viable at all. Maxing out Deoxys' Defense and Special Defense isn't efficient, as its HP is significantly lower than both its defenses. CounterCoat is better done by Wobbuffet, which can trap opponents with Shadow Tag and make it easier for it to predict whether to use Counter or Mirror Coat.

Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2014
    Question about IV Judge?

I've been breeding Charmander for the past 3 hours to get perfect IVs, and I think I finally did it. I have a question though. The IV judge says, "This Pokemon has outstanding potential overall." But he then says that the greatest potential lies in ALL of the stats, and he says that stats like these simply can't be beat. So I was wondering shouldn't he say, "This Pokemon has Superior potential overall." since all of the IVs are perfect?

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • I recently dumped my PC into the Pokémon Bank, started a new game, and moved all my pokémon back. Now that I'm about two-thirds of the way through my new game, I was browsing my pokédex and noticed something curious. Most of the pokémon registered as "caught" have the usual tricolor pentagon symbol next to them, but a few have a regular pokéball design. The latter group seems to be comprised mostly of pokémon I transferred from a GenV game, but my articuno was acquired through the GTS. Does this mean that whoever gave me the articuno through the GTS acquired it through a previous game or is my assumption off completely?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I recently dumped my PC into the Pokémon Bank, started a new game, and moved all my pokémon back. Now that I'm about two-thirds of the way through my new game, I was browsing my pokédex and noticed something curious. Most of the pokémon registered as "caught" have the usual tricolor pentagon symbol next to them, but a few have a regular pokéball design. The latter group seems to be comprised mostly of pokémon I transferred from a GenV game, but my articuno was acquired through the GTS. Does this mean that whoever gave me the articuno through the GTS acquired it through a previous game or is my assumption off completely?

They probably transferred it from a previous gen. I transferred up a Articuno and Zapdos, and while those are obtainable in Kalos, they have a pokeball symbol in my dex.

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2014
    How to know if your Ditto has max IVs?

How do I know if a dittto i caught has good IVs? also, can dittos caught in pokemon villiage have max ivs?

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2014
    There is an NPC found in the pokecenter in Kiloude (post game access only) who will rate any pokemon's IVs. He doesn't give you numbers, but something along the lines of "This pokemon's potential is outstanding! <stat(s)>, stats like those just can't be beat!". The "Can't be beat!" indicates it's as high as it can be, which is 31.

also, yes any pokemon (including ditto) has the chance of having perfect IVs in all six stats no matter where they are encountered, but the likelihood of it happening is so small that it's widely considered impossible without cheating.

Shhmew

Years
  • If you want Dittos with better IVs, I'd suggest finding someone who has a Ditto in their friend safari. Any pokemon caught in the friend safari will have at least 2 perfect IVs. I've caught several with 3 perfect IVs. It's still VERY unlikely they will have all 6 perfect IVs, but typically a much better chance than catching them in the regular wild!

BigSteve

Pokemon Bright Gold
    Years
  • do lots of wondertrading for Ditto. I regularly dump a box of cloned 6IV shiny ones into the WT pool. It came from a second hand Black2 I got from eBay.

also the pokeball indicates a non-Kalos Pokemon. You need Kalos versions to finish the Kalos dex's, including the legendary birds.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    do lots of wondertrading for Ditto. I regularly dump a box of cloned 6IV shiny ones into the WT pool. It came from a second hand Black2 I got from eBay.

also the pokeball indicates a non-Kalos Pokemon. You need Kalos versions to finish the Kalos dex's, including the legendary birds.

Wonder trading for ditto is a TERRIBLE idea, who knows what or if you'll get any kind of ditto at all. instead you should GTS for Ditto and specifically ask for ones that are level 21 - 30 that way any level 30 Dittos you get you know are Friend Safari Dittos

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2019
    do shiny sprites appear in the hall of fame? also does it say each pokemons ot? or any informations like that? pictures would be nice if possible

εcho.

The silver ninetales
    Years
  • also the pokeball indicates a non-Kalos Pokemon. You need Kalos versions to finish the Kalos dex's, including the legendary birds.

This isn't quite true. You can still complete your Kalos dex with non-Kalos native Pokemon, the certificate is just worded slightly differently.

It will just say "We hereby certify that this trainer has achieved the admirable feat of capturing all of the Pokemon in the Mountain Kalos Pokedex"

instead of

"We hereby certify that this trainer has achieved the admirable feat of solely capturing all of the Pokemon in the Mountain Kalos Pokedex"

Also, you won't get a little crown next to the Pokedex that was completed using non-Kalos Pokemon.
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    Wonder trading for ditto is a TERRIBLE idea, who knows what or if you'll get any kind of ditto at all. instead you should GTS for Ditto and specifically ask for ones that are level 21 - 30 that way any level 30 Dittos you get you know are Friend Safari Dittos

I wouldn't say it's a terrible idea. Wonder Trading can net you some good Pokemon, and it's easy to do in the background without really paying much attention if you have a few boxes of breeding failures, so you can do it while watching TV, reading, etc. Of course it's not a reliable method by any means if you're aiming for one particular Pokemon, but it helps.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I believe I asked this before but never got confirmation: does the Master Ball pass down through breeding?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Question: if I breed Vivillon with a pattern from other regions, will the hatchling Scatterbugs evolve into that Vivillon pattern or will its pattern be based on my region game?

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    So I have a few pokemon that have a Hasty or Naive nature and I EV train one of the Attacks and Speed, however I never know what to do with that remaining point in those specific circumstances (after I give two stats 252 Evs and need to decide what to do with those final 6) I know 1 point doesn't do a lot, but which would be more beneficial, 1 extra point to HP, or 1 extra point to whichever defense is being lowered by nature. Which would be better?

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back