• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Oh, wow, that's Awesome! I didn't realize shinies were so valuable... I just caught like 3 yesterday, two random and the Phione(MM) so I didn't really think much of it. Heh...
    Anyway, Thanks!

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    Does anyone know how to obtain extra evolution stones as fast as possible? We need Thunder, Dusk, Dawn, Shiny, Moon and Sun Stones. Super Training is not an option because the price appears to be randomized and not based on performance.

Miau

If I fits...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2022
    Does anyone know how to obtain extra evolution stones as fast as possible? We need Thunder, Dusk, Dawn, Shiny, Moon and Sun Stones. Super Training is not an option because the price appears to be randomized and not based on performance.

You can battle Inver once a day, and if you do well enough, he will reward you with an evolutionary stone. You need 7-9 super effective hits: LINK.

That's... not that fast, though. You can hunt for wild Solrock and Lunatone in the Glittering Cave. There's a 5% chance of them holding a Sun Stone or Moon Stone, respectively. Lead with a Pokemon with the ability Compound Eyes to boost those odds to 20% and use Thief to steal the item. Vivillion is a good lead, as it can have Compound Eyes and learn Thief as well.

[EDIT] You can also play Balloon Popping on the Global Link website for those stones. However, just like with Super Training, the prize doesn't depend on your performance in the game, so you may end up with other evolutionary items or berries instead.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016

I know you say Super Training is not an option, but that's honestly the fastest way of obtaining them. And the prizes are based on performance; the better you do, the higher the chance of getting the top prizes. It's still possible to get the rubbish prizes even if you do well, though.

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2022
    Is it possible to trade between Black 2 on PC to Y on DS?

Hey guys, was just wondering if it is possible to trade between Black 2 on PC to Y on DS? Didn't had Black 2 at all, and couldn't find them on stores too , so playing it on emulator on my PC. Just wondering if its possible to transfer pokemon from b2 to my y on 3ds ?

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • Hey guys, was just wondering if it is possible to trade between Black 2 on PC to Y on DS? Didn't had Black 2 at all, and couldn't find them on stores too , so playing it on emulator on my PC. Just wondering if its possible to transfer pokemon from b2 to my y on 3ds ?
    I've moved your post into the Quick Questions thread.

It is possible, yet if you can't purchase Black 2, you will need a friend to assist you. The process involves saving the save file of the rom to your computer, downloading Pokegen, and opening the save file in Pokegen. Your Pokemon will all be there like in this pic:

X/Y Quick Q&A (Read First Post)

Upon selecting a Pokemon, go to File -> Save Pokemon to convert them to .pkm files. Email the .pkm files to someone who has the means to insert Pokemon into the game, such as via using the R4i Save Dongle. Once someone has the Pokemon in the BW2 game, just allow the person to transfer the Pokemon using the 3ds and to trade your buddies back to you.

Deathshot

Unregistered User
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2019
    I was wondering if Mega Kangaskhan and Focus Punch worked. Say you would get a 1 Turn Focus punch.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I was wondering if Mega Kangaskhan and Focus Punch worked. Say you would get a 1 Turn Focus punch.

I guess you could. Mega Kanga has the bulk to set up a Sub so it can Focus without a problem....probably. But there's not much reason to, since STAB Return at max happiness is about as powerful as a Focus Punch, and its much safer to just do that than screw around with a Sub.

IDK, maybe you could try it in Doubles with a Pokémon that has Follow Me or Rage Powder?

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016

If you're asking if the Parental Bond Ability allows Mega Kangaskhan to immediately use Focus Punch without having to wait for it to "tighten its focus", then the answer is no.

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2014
    Question on the friend safari.

So I've added about 30 different people, and I'm only finding 2 different pokemon in each zone. When I look at the persons zone to go in, there is only 2 dark pokeballs and the third space is empty, does that mean that they haven't beaten the elite four yet? Or can I still find the 3rd pokemon there does it just take longer.

I just think its strange that all 30 people Ive added haven't beaten the elite 4 lol.

Shhmew

Years
  • So I've added about 30 different people, and I'm only finding 2 different pokemon in each zone. When I look at the persons zone to go in, there is only 2 dark pokeballs and the third space is empty, does that mean that they haven't beaten the elite four yet? Or can I still find the 3rd pokemon there does it just take longer.

I just think its strange that all 30 people Ive added haven't beaten the elite 4 lol.
    In order to see their third Pokémon, the following has to be true since either of you last started a new game:
    1) They've beaten the elite four.
    2) You and this person have been online in your games at the same time, at some point.

Once those things have happened, you'll be able to see their third Pokémon, and get hidden abilities too!

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2014
    We are both online right now, I know I have beaten the elite 4 an im assuming he has too since I found him on an exchange site, Is the encounter rate just a lot lower for the 3rd pokemon?

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    In order to see their third Pokémon, the following has to be true since either of you last started a new game:
    1) They've beaten the elite four.
    2) You and this person have been online in your games at the same time, at some point.

Once those things have happened, you'll be able to see their third Pokémon, and get hidden abilities too!

That's not completely accurate, You get the third pokemon once they've beaten the Elite Four. If you became their friend BEFORE they beat the elite 4, but haven't connected since, then your game still treats their friend safari like they have not beaten it yet. If you became their friend AFTER they beat the elite 4, then they will have all 3 slots. They don't (technically) have to be online with you at the same time for the third slot to open UNLESS you friended them before they beat the elite 4.

The only thing you HAVE to be online for at the same time is to get the hidden abilities of the pokemon in their Safari.

https://www.serebii.net/xy/friendsafari.shtml

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Hey, does anyone know if/when RNG abuse for X/Y will be possible?

The game has been out for 5 months and people have hacked it apart to the point of being able to know all the secret mega evolutions and hidden events and even been able to make a power save to make any pokemon you want Shiny and unlock various events in game, so I think it's a very long way off still. If ever, to be honest, because with how easy it is to get 5 and 6IV pokemon now, a lot of the people that would have been working their butts off trying to hack apart the game are now simply spending that time doing it legitimately since it's so easy now. (Note that I said Easy, not fast, because it's certainly not fast, lol!)

And really, there's much less of an incentive to cheat anymore (I'm not saying no one wants to, I'm just saying it's not as "necessary" anymore in order to get the pokemon you want) because with the Destiny Knot you can already get a 5IV pokemon within a few hours, and with the Everstone you can guarantee the nature you want, and every single legitimately catchable legendary always has at least 3IVs now, and with Synchronize you can further increase the chance of getting the nature you want on any pokemon you find, so really, a lot of the people that would have cheated in older gens to get the IVs, natures and so on that they wanted only need to put a few hours of work in and they can get exactly what they want anyway.

Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2014
    What's the quickest way to get Kanto Pokémon over to X/Y?

Hi All,

I'm an old-skool veteran of the original 1st gen of Pokémon games. Back when I was a young kid, I sunk hour upon hour into Blue/Yellow, and assembled a team of my favourite pokémon and levelled them all up to 100. I haven't played a single Pokémon game since then, bar a tiny amount of Gold when it was first released.

Me and a mate have been looking at venturing back into the franchise, and purchasing a copy of X/Y each. I'd absolutely love to be able to start this game with low level/unevolved versions of my old team from back in the day, but from my understanding, this could be quite hard to do? My trustworthy group was:

Blastoise
    Venusaur
    Charizard
    Mewtwo
    Mew (1st ever event version - 100% Legit)
    Raichu

What would be the quickest way of me getting these over into X/Y to start the game with? Would I need to purchase LeafGreen / FireRed, and gradually transfer them through every successive game in the series? If so, would I be able to do this near the start of each?

Money isn't really an issue in terms of buying hardware/games to get them across (as I can just re-sell when done), but time is more of a problem, as I definitely don't have time to complete every single game.

Thanks for any advice you can offer me - It's much appreciated!

Cheers,
    Mike

Ps - My Blue/Yellow game saves are still intact, with legit Mew and the above team. Such a shame I can't get these across any further than Gen 2!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • You can't transfer Game Boy Pokemon (ones from Red/Blue/Yellow) all the way to X/Y. However, you can obtain only one of the Kanto starters in-story. The middle evolutions of the Kanto starters are also available in the wild in the right Friend Safaris. A lot of Kanto Pokemon are also available in X/Y, even Mewtwo, who appears post-game.

Reactions: Sun

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
  • The fasted way would be to simply ask people around here if they'r willing to trade you them. Like [supporter]PlatinumDude[/supporter] said, you get one of he Kanto starters right after the first gym. Pikachu is caught on one of the early routes, I think in the forest right before the first gym. To get the other 2 starters, you can just ask someone if they're willing to give them to you (I'd be more than happy!)... Mewtwo, I don't know when you get it, but you can catch it in X&Y

as for Mew... there hasn't been an event for it in ages... so the only ones ATM are from Gen 3-5, so you'll need to trade or hope soemone will give you one... (I Miiiiiiiiight be willing, as I just got mine cloned)

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Hi All,

I'm an old-skool veteran of the original 1st gen of Pokémon games. Back when I was a young kid, I sunk hour upon hour into Blue/Yellow, and assembled a team of my favourite pokémon and levelled them all up to 100. I haven't played a single Pokémon game since then, bar a tiny amount of Gold when it was first released.

Me and a mate have been looking at venturing back into the franchise, and purchasing a copy of X/Y each. I'd absolutely love to be able to start this game with low level/unevolved versions of my old team from back in the day, but from my understanding, this could be quite hard to do? My trustworthy group was:

Blastoise
    Venusaur
    Charizard
    Mewtwo
    Mew (1st ever event version - 100% Legit)
    Raichu

What would be the quickest way of me getting these over into X/Y to start the game with? Would I need to purchase LeafGreen / FireRed, and gradually transfer them through every successive game in the series? If so, would I be able to do this near the start of each?

Money isn't really an issue in terms of buying hardware/games to get them across (as I can just re-sell when done), but time is more of a problem, as I definitely don't have time to complete every single game.

Thanks for any advice you can offer me - It's much appreciated!

Cheers,
    Mike

Ps - My Blue/Yellow game saves are still intact, with legit Mew and the above team. Such a shame I can't get these across any further than Gen 2!

Well it depends on what you mean by getting them, because if you mean the actual pokemon from the original games, you can't because there's no connectivity between gen 1&2 and gen 3 onward. if you just want ANY Blastoise, Venusaur, etc, etc, that's very easy to do. You can select one of the 3 very early into the game when you get to the first major city. (after your first badge but before your second badge) then you can breed it as soon as you leave that city and then go onto the GTS and trade your offspring for the rest of the trio you want. Pikachu is running wild in the forest right before you get your first badge. Mewtwo is an end of the game pokemon however, but you can still catch it in X and Y, and I know from experience, if you find a shiny pokemon you can ask for a Mewtwo on the GTS right from the get go. However, it will be at level 70 so you won't be able to use mewtwo until you get the 7th badge I think. Mew on the other hand MUST be traded from an older game and you cannot look for it on the GTS, you will need to go to message boards and try to find someone willing to trade you one of theirs.

As for other pokemon, not counting legendaries, you can actually get ALL regular pokemon in X and Y except for 22 evolutionary lines (so in other words, there's very few pokemon that aren't natively in X or Y, so there's not a very big need to bother with older gens unless you want the legendaries from them) as for the QUICKEST way to get them, just go onto the GTS and ask for them as soon as you get teh pokedex and captured a few pokemon, you can actually get gen 1 - 6 starters very easily, and in fact, gen 1, 3, 4, and 6 all can also have their hidden abilities too if you want. I myself haven't even gotten to the second gym yet and I have all pokebank exclusive pokemon, a box full of event pokemon, all fossil pokemon (except 1) and am slowly breeding all 5IV versions of the pokemon I ahve caught up to that point as I just got to the breeding facility, so to answer your question, it's very easy to get what you want very quickly!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back