• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

XpokeX

I'm a ninja and im..... gone
    Years
    • Seen May 8, 2023
    As far as I know,males pass down the egg moves when breeding with a female so i think all egg moves can pass down.

Years
    I was reading about the power items, which i've never used because i'm new to EV training, and i'm a little confused on them.

I heard that a power item gives +4 EV's per pokemon, so a horde of 5 pokemon that each give 1 EV (total of 5 for the horde) should, with a power item, give 25 EV's right? Everything I read says 20 for the horde but the math adds up to 25.
    Pokemon 1= 1EV+4 EV's with the item=5 EV's X 5 Pokemon=25 EV's or am I doing something wrong?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I was reading about the power items, which i've never used because i'm new to EV training, and i'm a little confused on them.

I heard that a power item gives +4 EV's per pokemon, so a horde of 5 pokemon that each give 1 EV (total of 5 for the horde) should, with a power item, give 25 EV's right? Everything I read says 20 for the horde but the math adds up to 25.
    Pokemon 1= 1EV+4 EV's with the item=5 EV's X 5 Pokemon=25 EV's or am I doing something wrong?

No, you're correct. I think what those sites are saying is that using a Power item gives you an additional 20 EVs per horde than if you did it without a power item, since without the power item, you'd just get 5 EVs per horde.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    how can you tell which moves are egg moves?
    Only certain moves are egg moves. You'll wanna look up on Serebii which moves can be egg moves for a Pokemon and what the required parent(s) is/are.

XpokeX

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2023
    how can you tell which moves are egg moves?

Well most of the time egg moves are level up moves that both your male and female know,but the males are the ones to pass them down,or look at your pokemon through bulbapedia and it states there the possible egg moves it can have through parents and if the male has them,I think it will pass them down.

Edit-and as saltandpepperdiner said, serebii too,i use both of them for reference

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Well most of the time egg moves are level up moves that both your male and female know,but the males are the ones to pass them down,or look at your pokemon through bulbapedia and it states there the possible egg moves it can have through parents and if the male has them,I think it will pass them down.

Edit-and as saltandpepperdiner said, serebii too,i use both of them for reference
    As of Gen 6, both genders can pass down egg moves.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    But don't male have a higher chance? Like 80% and female 20% or something.. I'm not sure
    Are you thinking of abilities/hidden abilities?

I'm pretty sure egg moves are guaranteed to pass down. Not sure if there's more than four between the two parents, but then again that's kinda unlikely.

XpokeX

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2023
    Are you thinking of abilities/hidden abilities?

I'm pretty sure egg moves are guaranteed to pass down. Not sure if there's more than four between the two parents, but then again that's kinda unlikely.

Im new to breeding actually so my knowledge isn't vast and all that right,and yeah.. >.<

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016

Yeah, this is right. If there's more than four, the female's moves take priority. Males are even more redundant now :P

Last edited:

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Something I've always wondered. In Battle Spot do they match you up with people who select the same music option as you? Because I always get the music I select. On the other hand, I wouldn't mind getting a different choice in music if that means never not finding a battle.

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2019
    On bulbapedia , at by breeding section, how come sometime it says parent and sometime it says father?
    this one say father
    bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Plusle_(Pok%C3%A9mon)

this one say parent
    bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Togetic_(Pok%C3%A9mon)

The female of the two Pokemon will be the Pokemon that hatches from the egg. For example: if you're breeding a female Charizard and a male Dragonite, you'll wind up with a Charmander. am i right?

why dont bulbapedia all say father since female pokemon will dictate the pokemon that will hatch from egg anyway?

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
    Something I've always wondered. In Battle Spot do they match you up with people who select the same music option as you? Because I always get the music I select. On the other hand, I wouldn't mind getting a different choice in music if that means never not finding a battle.

XD I thought this, too, but no. Your music choice doesn't affect who you can get queued with. (source: I've seen the same battle video uploaded by 2 different people with different choices of music)

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    On bulbapedia , at by breeding section, how come sometime it says parent and sometime it says father?
    this one say father
    bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Plusle_(Pok%C3%A9mon)

this one say parent
    bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Togetic_(Pok%C3%A9mon)

The female of the two Pokemon will be the Pokemon that hatches from the egg. For example: if you're breeding a female Charizard and a male Dragonite, you'll wind up with a Charmander. am i right?

why dont bulbapedia all say father since female pokemon will dictate the pokemon that will hatch from egg anyway?
    I believe this is addressing breeding in regards to Egg Moves. Before generation VI, only males could pass down moves, which is why for Plusle, it says "Gen V" and "Father", whereas for Togetic it says "Gen VI" and "Parent." And you are correct, in the case of non-Ditto breeding, females dictate what Pokemon will hatch.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back