• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2019
    is it a good idea to train pokmemon at super traning until they cant be trained anymore( full green chart to the right side) at the start of game ? so that EV go to stat that you want . If you fight other pokemons,

your EV could go anywhere

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    is it a good idea to train pokmemon at super traning until they cant be trained anymore( full green chart to the right side) at the start of game ? so that EV go to stat that you want . If you fight other pokemons,

I think you answered your own question :P It's best to Super Train as soon as you obtain the Pokemon, because it's harder to predict where the EVs will go in regular battles (although possible).

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
  • is it a good idea to train pokmemon at super traning until they cant be trained anymore( full green chart to the right side) at the start of game ? so that EV go to stat that you want . If you fight other pokemons,

Yes, it is a good idea, but it's not essential. There are many methods to reset your effort values in XY. The easiest and most popular is something called the Reset Bag; in Super Training, if you hit the bag enough times, you'll get a white bag which can be used to put your EVs back to zero.

Personally what I did for story mode was just let my pokemon accumulate random EVs without worrying, and then before heading to the Elite 4, I reset all their EVs and super trained them. Or you could do something called "hoarde training" post-story mode which is even easier than super training.

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2019
    i am new to pokemon. so i might have a lot of questions. I am trying not to... i have done research

why do they call generation 1 2 3 4 5 6 instead of calling it by actual name
    such as black/ white, x/y etc..

do people transfer pokemon from another generation just to breed with another Pokemon from another
    generation in order to get egg move?

Let say I transfer my pokemons to another generation, will my Pokemon show up in another generation
    have the same IV, EV moves etc.. same level etc..?

Let say I transfer from pokemon x to plantium , after i tranfer, will my pokemons that I capture in pokemon x will still be in pokemon x?

XpokeX

I'm a ninja and im..... gone
    Years
    • Seen May 8, 2023
    i am new to pokemon. so i might have a lot of questions. I am trying not to... i have done research

do people transfer pokemon from another generation just to breed with another Pokemon from another

Let say I transfer my pokemons to another generation, will my Pokemon show up in another generation

Let say I transfer from pokemon x to plantium , after i tranfer, will my pokemons that I capture in pokemon x will still be in pokemon x?

They call it by number because black/white and stuff are just the game names,there is also anime which has different titles.so it's numbered
    People transfer from another generation just to breed when you transferred poke,has an egg that only existed in the previous gen,so to carry it over to x and y
    Yes it will have the same IVs and stuff,although not sure if it will keep the moves that existed in a newer gen like,moonblast not existing in previous gens
    I don't get that question sorry.

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    People mean exactly what they say when they say x-th gen. Gen 3 for example has RSE and FRLG, gen 4 has DPP and HGSS, gen 5 has BW and BW2. They are referring to both series respectively. Only the 1st and the 2nd gen only have one series of games.

It depends on what kind of player you are. VGC players are currently only allowed to use Kalos-born Pokemon, so they would prioritize otherwise unavailable egg moves. Battle Maison, Battle Spot and Smogon players don't have such restrictions so they are free to use all Pokemon available. There are a few moves in the previous generations that are completely unavailable in the 6th one, even through breeding.

Well, yes.

You cannot transfer Pokemon from X to Platinum, only from a former to a later generation. You will be warned that when you transfer your Pokemon that they never will be available in the previous generations again.

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016

Adding to what has already been said about this:
    Each new generation marks a major change in game mechanics and also the introduction of new species of Pokemon. For example, the 3rd generation consisted of Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed and LeafGreen. These games all have almost identical game mechanics and include Pokemon from the Kanto, Johto and Hoenn Pokedexes. They are therefore fully compatible with each other and so can trade and battle with each other. However, they are incompatible with 4th generation games such as Platinum because Platinum includes Pokemon unavailable in those games, and is an enirely different format of game (a DS game, as opposed to GBA). Platinum also has an entirely new way of distinguishing physical and special moves. Therefore it is impossible for 3rd generation games to trade or battle with Platinum. However, it is possible to do a one-way transfer from 3rd generation to Platinum.

eevee-4-ever

Eevee Trainer
    Years
  • friend code question

Ok so how do you link a friend code that you registered on the ds to pokemon x and y? I have a few friend codes on my 2ds but i don't know how to have them show up on my friend list in pokemon x. Please help.

Years
  • Well, they'd need to add you back as well for it to complete it, but you connect online through the P.S.S in Pokemon X/Y as well as online in the home screen of your DS menu.

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    Ok so how do you link a friend code that you registered on the ds to pokemon x and y? I have a few friend codes on my 2ds but i don't know how to have them show up on my friend list in pokemon x. Please help.

They will only show up on your in-game friend list when:
    a) They have added you as a friend too
    b) You have both been online on X/Y at the same time (note that you have to repeat this step if you start a new game)

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2014
    I have a problem, if you can help it will be much appreciated

Hey,

I have recently purchased pokemon Y and a 3ds, I used to play white 2 on a normal ds.

And I purchased the poke bank and poke transfer but when I put my white 2 game into my 3ds and go into the poke bank it says it can't pick up it having a saved file ( cause the save file is on the cartridge) is there anyway I can have my white 2 game in my 3ds and get my saved file to store on the ds card so I can use my poke bank and transfer?

Thank you for your time

Years
  • How commonly does the 3DS tend to lag during horde battles? Because i've been fighting a bunch of Trevenant hordes, and every time the screen seems to move rather slowly during them. Is it just what i'm up against? I don't tend to get this lag against a lot of other stuff in horde battles like Floatzels or Gravelers in Victory Road. I have battle animations off and do not have the 3D setting on at all, if that means anything.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • You use Poke transfer to access White 2, not Pokebank. That's why it tells you that. Pokebank only works for X or Y. Also, you posted this in the wrong forum, but I'm sure a mod will move it to the correct place. :3

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    How commonly does the 3DS tend to lag during horde battles? Because i've been fighting a bunch of Trevenant hordes, and every time the screen seems to move rather slowly during them. Is it just what i'm up against? I don't tend to get this lag against a lot of other stuff in horde battles like Floatzels or Gravelers in Victory Road. I have battle animations off and do not have the 3D setting on at all, if that means anything.
    3D shouldn't affect it, because I don't believe it even works for horde battles. But yeah I've experienced the same thing. I think it's just the Pokemon you face. When I'm doing horde battles I automatically know if it's going to be Trevenant or Foongus by the amount of time it lags, so I don't really mind it. I wouldn't be worried about it.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Do you have 3d on? that's when the lag is the worst, nut I have gotten lag during scraggy and hoppip hordes as well

Which nature would be best for Kyurem? (And I know there'll be a ton saying "Whatever you want to use it for" but I fully intend to switch between white and black versions as situations dictate) problem is I have one that is Naive Nature that I was perfectly fine using, however I got traded a shiny version for my shiny Kangaskhan from breeding that has a Hasty nature. Obviously I'm more wanting to use the shiny one, but out of my options, which is actually the better nature to swap between white and black versions? Hasty or Naive?

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2014
    You use Poke transfer to access White 2, not Pokebank. That's why it tells you that. Pokebank only works for X or Y. Also, you posted this in the wrong forum, but I'm sure a mod will move it to the correct place. :3

Oh ok sorry but thank you I'll go try that now.

You use Poke transfer to access White 2, not Pokebank. That's why it tells you that. Pokebank only works for X or Y. Also, you posted this in the wrong forum, but I'm sure a mod will move it to the correct place. :3

Ok so it has come up with " could not find pokemon black version, pokemon white verse room, pokemon black version 2, or pokemon white version 2 in the system."

?

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2014
    Really? O_o That's weird. I don't know what to tell you there. D: I know sometimes my game does that, but it's okay when I blow into it. *is terrible at this kind of stuff* ._.

This normally happens to me -.- never goes easy for me lol

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Ok so it has come up with " could not find pokemon black version, pokemon white verse room, pokemon black version 2, or pokemon white version 2 in the system."

?

This might be a dumb question (it has happened to me which is why I'm asking) is White 2 in your game slot? and if so, is it showing up on the app screen before you open up poketransfer?

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Merging with the Quick Questions thread sticky for you - all questions ought to go there. (Also note that double posting isn't allowed, so be sure to just use the edit button or wait for someone else to post first).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back