• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    Does Fury Cutter and Technician stack after the first hit?

No, they only stack on the first hit. After that Fury Cutter is regarded as a base 80 move and so Technician is not applied.

is it possible to tell who Pokemon visit my Amie?

does decoration for Pokemon amie room help you in anything????

does Pokemon affection increase if you put pokemon in amie room?

No, yes, and no.
    -You can't tell who visited your room.
    -If you put a Poke Puff in the Amie room, you will get more visitors, but I think that's all decorations do.
    -Battling with the active Pokemon in Amie (the one in the room) increases Enjoyment and decreases Fullness, but it doesn't change affection directly. I think walking a certain number of steps does a similar thing.

In Pokemon Amie, petting your pokemon in its sweet spot is supposed to give an extra heart. How many hearts does it give by default, and how many when you rub its sweet spot? I'm getting the same amount of hearts regardless, so I want to know whether I need to be trying harder. xD

I don't know about number of hearts, but there are some important things to note when petting (who would've thought petting could be so complicated :P)
    1. The sweet spot will only work once you have played at least one game with the Pokemon and then petted it until hearts come out once.
    2. If a Pokemon is successfully petted in its sweet spot, the noise it makes will be higher than usual.

There's a great guide here which tells you the sweet spots of each Pokemon.

Last edited:

XpokeX

I'm a ninja and im..... gone
    Years
    • Seen May 8, 2023
    What do u mean by trading?

Like evolving haunted for example,trade kadabra to a friend,not a stranger,and it will evolve once its in the hands of your friend,then do a trade back(have them trade it back to you)People here in PC can help as well

edit:damn,I was ninja'd

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2015
    Help

What programs do some of you use to help create certain pokemon to save time and get hard to obtain legendaries with the correct natures? i want to get into competitive stuff to create legit parents but fully breed with the correct egg moves and hatch the right nature and ev train myself but do not have the resources to get certain abilities.

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2014
    Breeding question: So I am pretty a ditto right now with froakies trying to get a 5 iv with protean, but the eggs either keep hatching with the 5 ivs I want and no protean or protean with only 4 ivs. If I use a female froakie does it increase of the chance of the ability passing down?

Question 2: I caught a shiny aipom in a safari, are all shinies worth something? I know aipom is kind of a garbage pokemon lol

Years
    • Age 37
    • Online now
    What programs do some of you use to help create certain pokemon to save time and get hard to obtain legendaries with the correct natures? i want to get into competitive stuff to create legit parents but fully breed with the correct egg moves and hatch the right nature and ev train myself but do not have the resources to get certain abilities.
    I'm sure that there are a variety of programs out there that can help you hack Pokemon into your game.

Question 2: I caught a shiny aipom in a safari, are all shinies worth something? I know aipom is kind of a garbage pokemon lol
    Can't answer your breeding question, but I can answer this one.

Shinies have value depending on who you ask. Some people like shinies just because they're rare. Other people don't care about shinies. You can see if someone will be willing to trade you something that you find valuable for your shiny Aipom if you don't want it. Or you can be proud of the fact that you have a shiny Pokemon, which can be hard to find. It's up to you.

XpokeX

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2023
    Breeding question-whats the percentage of the baby getting the 2nd ability?
    I was breeding a comp.marill and out of let's say 20 eggs,15 of them had the first ability(thick fat) while the other 5 had huge power. I really want huge power on it but its so rare for mine

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Breeding question-whats the percentage of the baby getting the 2nd ability?
    I was breeding a comp.marill and out of let's say 20 eggs,15 of them had the first ability(thick fat) while the other 5 had huge power. I really want huge power on it but its so rare for mine

If a female Pokemon with 2 abilities is bred with a male parent (not Ditto), there's an 80% chance that the mother's ability will be passed down. The other 20% is the other ability.

XpokeX

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2023
    If a female Pokemon with 2 abilities is bred with a male parent (not Ditto), there's an 80% chance that the mother's ability will be passed down. The other 20% is the other ability.

I should have said this but what I'm using is a Male Marill(2egg moves) and breeding it with a 6 IV ditto
    And it's holding an everstone for the adamant nature.Does the everstone carry over the chance of it getting its 1st ability rather than the 2nd ability? (I'm not talking about HA)

And as my question asked,whats the chance of the baby gettting its 2nd ability rather than its 1st ability?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I should have said this but what I'm using is a Male Marill(2egg moves) and breeding it with a 6 IV ditto
    And it's holding an everstone for the adamant nature.Does the everstone carry over the chance of it getting its 1st ability rather than the 2nd ability? (I'm not talking about HA)

And as my question asked,whats the chance of the baby gettting its 2nd ability rather than its 1st ability?

In that case, if a male parent whose species has two abilities is bred with a Ditto, there's a 50/50 chance its ability will be passed down. Also, Everstone doesn't affect abilities, only natures.

XpokeX

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2023
    In that case, if a male parent whose species has two abilities is bred with a Ditto, there's a 50/50 chance its ability will be passed down. Also, Everstone doesn't affect abilities, only natures.

Thnx very much,wow,I guess the ability lord isn't very kind to me today :(

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Breeding question: So I am pretty a ditto right now with froakies trying to get a 5 iv with protean, but the eggs either keep hatching with the 5 ivs I want and no protean or protean with only 4 ivs. If I use a female froakie does it increase of the chance of the ability passing down?

Breeding with a Ditto for hidden abilities (Protean is a Hidden Ability) only has a 20% chance of passing down the ability. This is with males. Ditto+female=0% chance of babies with HA, iirc.

If you have both a male and female Froakie with decent IVs and and the female has Protean, you could breed that way instead. That way you'll have an 80% chance of the babies having Protean and can still pull decent IVs out of it.

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2022
    Has anyone had any experience with this...?

Um, firstly I hope this is in the right place, if not, whoops and sorry.

Have any of you had any experience of the little button at the bottom of the screen next to the back button when you are trading with a friend or passerby?
    Only I was trading and accidentally showed the wrong pokemon so I went to take it off and accidentally hit the wrong button and my pokemon vanished? It sort of got sucked up to the top of the screen and vanished a little like the GTS animation but without getting pulled into a pokeball first.

I've looked everywhere, its in none of my boxes or my party and my pokebank has long since expired so where did it go? What is this button? Has anyone else done this?

Edit: And now I looked again on another trade and the button is no longer there.

Ok it only comes up if you rest your stylus on a pokemon while trading then the pokemon appears on your half of the screen then the button appears. It looks like a blue refresh button with pokeballs on it. Can someone tell me what it is please? And why my pokemon vanished? Might be a noob question but I really am confused.

Last edited:
    Years
  • The Move Toxic

So I was playing pokemon Y today, minding my own business until I meet a trainer I had dodged earlier in the game. I thought, 'No problem my Noivern will take care of it...' . Then I use fly, the go to move. Then a Skuntank uses the move Toxic. And it hit my pokemon that was in the air... WTF I went. How does a move like Toxic hit a Noivern high in the air? Is this stupid?
    Please reply if you find this annoying as well =P
    Thanks,
    Dodo Hunter

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
    Years
  • Well, I actually didn't know Toxic hit like that. That is weird.
    A move that badly poisons your Pokemon should not be able to hit from every angle.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
  • Only Poison-type Pokémon can do this with Toxic, just so you know. It's a strange change, I guess. I suppose they wanted to give Poison-types another advantage...although they could have just nerfed Toxic to normal poison status for all non Poison-types which would make more sense.

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
    Years
  • Toxic can hit Pokemon while they're in the air!? I never knew! XD

I think that's pretty messed up yeah but I guess it's a good tactic to use. ;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back