• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • I first heard about this change when I was following all those spoilers getting leaked, and yeah it's a pretty interesting niche to set Poison-types apart, giving the move a No Guard-like effect when used by a Poison-type.

In fact, it's actually shown in action in this Marriland Pokemon X video, at 6:48 he commands his Sylveon to use Dig and while in its underground phase the opponent's Garbodor uses Toxic on it and it successfully affects Sylveon:

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    Breeding with a Ditto for hidden abilities (Protean is a Hidden Ability) only has a 20% chance of passing down the ability. This is with males. Ditto+female=0% chance of babies with HA, iirc.

That changed this generation. Females now have a 60% chance of passing down their Hidden Ability regardless of the other Pokemon (including Ditto).

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • To sum up what the other people above me said, Toxic never misses when used by Poison Pokemon, even during semi-invulnerable turns.

Years
  • To sum up what the other people above me said, Toxic never misses when used by Poison Pokemon, even during semi-invulnerable turns.

But still, to hit a pokemon that is flying and not technically on the battle field (moves like surf hit the whole field and has no effect on pokemon that are using Fly) is a little OP. If a move like surf or earthquake (wouldn't affect flying types...) would miss then why should Toxic hit? I think this should change for future generations...

Dodo Hunter...

Jakeremix

Poképro~
    Years
  • But still, to hit a pokemon that is flying and not technically on the battle field (moves like surf hit the whole field and has no effect on pokemon that are using Fly) is a little OP. If a move like surf or earthquake (wouldn't affect flying types...) would miss then why should Toxic hit? I think this should change for future generations...

Dodo Hunter...

It's not OP when two turn moves are barely even used in the first place.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    But still, to hit a pokemon that is flying and not technically on the battle field (moves like surf hit the whole field and has no effect on pokemon that are using Fly) is a little OP. If a move like surf or earthquake (wouldn't affect flying types...) would miss then why should Toxic hit? I think this should change for future generations...

Dodo Hunter...

Maybe poison-types have ability to spray Toxic into the air? That way, I don't really see how it would miss, whether the opponent's on the ground or in sky. If you ask, this does make sense. d:

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2016
    pokemon x and pokerus

All my pokemon have the pokerus virus as i intentionally gave it to all, now some of these pokemon have completed their ev training, will that matter? Do I need to use a reset bag or will I still gain ev points according to what i defeat in battle? thanks

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    evole pokmon change only look or come with new moves?

Some Pokémon will learn a new move (or even two or more) upon evolving, for example like Chimchar when it evolves into Monferno at Level 14, it will learn Mach Punch.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • All my pokemon have the pokerus virus as i intentionally gave it to all, now some of these pokemon have completed their ev training, will that matter? Do I need to use a reset bag or will I still gain ev points according to what i defeat in battle? thanks
    The effects of Pokerus linger even if the virus wears off after a few days. so if you were to clear away a Pokemon's EVs, they'll still get the doubled EVs in battle. When a Pokemon with maxed EVs gets Pokerus, it makes no difference at all.
    evole pokmon change only look or come with new moves?
    All Pokemon that can evolve change appearance when they do evolve. Some Pokemon learn new moves upon evolving at their evolutionary level; for instance, when Mudkip evolves at level 16, it learns Mud Shot after evolving into Marshtomp.

Reactions: Sun

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    All my pokemon have the pokerus virus as i intentionally gave it to all, now some of these pokemon have completed their ev training, will that matter? Do I need to use a reset bag or will I still gain ev points according to what i defeat in battle? thanks

You will still gain double EV points exactly like during your Pokemon was infected with Pokérus. You do not have to do anything, just keep training/battling like always. :)

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2016
    You will still gain double EV points exactly like during your Pokemon was infected with Pokérus. You do not have to do anything, just keep training/battling like always. :)
    thanks, also i must battle hoardes according to their categories if i want a rise in those specific categories such as the hoarde of weepinbell which provides a boost in attack?

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2019
    does Individual value mean a lot when it come to online battle?
    does Individual value matter more than Effort vale when it come to online battle?

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    IVs do matter, but they're not really as important. EVs make significant amount of changes to your Pokémon's stats. IVs raises them, too, but they're just not very noticeable, unfortunately. :(

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Yup, that's correct. You could set EVs back to zero by using either Perilous Soup (which could be bought from Juice Shoppe, I think) or Rest Bag in Super Training. :]

XpokeX

I'm a ninja and im..... gone
    Years
    • Seen May 8, 2023
    Ok guys,i just got a cottonee in the GTS
    -memento
    -beat up
    -encore
    -switcheroo

So I want to make it competitive,should I turn it offensive or defensive?Where should the IVs be in?What EV spread?suggest a moveset? Thnx a lot :) sorry for the many questions

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Ok guys,i just got a cottonee in the GTS
    -memento
    -beat up
    -encore
    -switcheroo

So I want to make it competitive,should I turn it offensive or defensive?Where should the IVs be in?What EV spread?suggest a moveset? Thnx a lot :) sorry for the many questions

Defensive. Whimsicott is too weak offensively. Beat Up only sees use in double formats, where Whimsicott can use Beat Up on Terrakion and increase its Attack for each hit thanks to Justified:
    -U-turn
    -Memento
    -Encore
    -Stun Spore/Tailwind
    Nature: Impish
    EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef
    Item: Leftovers
    Ability: Prankster

IVs can't be changed, unfortunately.

Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2014
    Shiny Articuno, can I use it?

I won a giveaway for a shiny Japanese articuno, btw which is from sinnoh.

The Articuno has above average stats, best in... attack. :( But no 0 iv's

It is calm nature, which is good. Can I use this Articuno? Any ev or moveset idea are welcome!

And btw, they really need to make a way for the Japanese name to be English... even if it doesn't evolve.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back