• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
Years
  • Which move did you teach it so you could delete Bounce? I honestly can't see any reason why you wouldn't be able to transfer it over.

I taught it, don't remember exactly, but it was what ever the first TM I came to that it could learn, but I did a little thinking and taught it surf again and then deleted it and I finally got it transferred over, so problem solved.

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
  • I'm assuming that the moves were passed down in this order: first the father's, and then the mother's, so any moves it had from the father may be dropped. So the order was:
    1. Giga Drain
    2. Synthesis
    3. Encore
    4. Weather Ball
    5. Belch

Giga Drain was dropped because it was passed down from the father, so maybe deleting it from your Venusaur may work? Then, your babies should have the same moveset as the mother's, because Synthesis will be dropped. Again, I'm just assuming.
    Wow, that actually makes tons of sense, when I look back on everything I've bred before. The Venusaur had PP Ups on Giga Drain, so I just reorganized Giga Drain to be the last move and it ended up inheriting Giga Drain. So in the future I'll just put the most important moves on the bottom. Thanks so much!

Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2016
    I'm new to breeding, but I'm trying to breed a Bronzor with the levitate ability, but the only Bronzong I have (transferred from White 2) has the Heatproof ability. I'm breeding it with a Ditto. Is it even possible for it to get another ability or am I out of luck on this one?

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    I'm new to breeding, but I'm trying to breed a Bronzor with the levitate ability, but the only Bronzong I have (transferred from White 2) has the Heatproof ability. I'm breeding it with a Ditto. Is it even possible for it to get another ability or am I out of luck on this one?

Since Levitate is a regular Ability, then yes, it's possible to hatch a Bronzor with Levitate, even if the parent has Heatproof. There's only a 20% chance it will have Levitate though.

Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2016
    Since Levitate is a regular Ability, then yes, it's possible to hatch a Bronzor with Levitate, even if the parent has Heatproof. There's only a 20% chance it will have Levitate though.

Aah thanks. Well 20% is better than nothing so I know I won't be doing all this in vain :D.

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    Can anyone explain the appeal behind Tierno? Apparently the Japanese love him but we can't see why (yet).

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    Can anyone explain the appeal behind Tierno? Apparently the Japanese love him but we can't see why (yet).

Well, he's kind of funny in a dumb (and often irritating) way. He's definitely the most interesting out of the lot of them too; creating a team of Pokemon with a "dance" theme is pretty cool (he teaches them "dance moves", e.g. Swords Dance, Feather Dance, Petal Dance, etc lol). The others are very plain and nondescript... he's really the only one that has anything going for him. And I guess that draws more attention to him.

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2019
    To complete pokedex, do you have to capture all Pokemon? or you can just fight Pokemon
    that you come into contract .this include fighting other people (online) Pokemon and in game trainers such as gym leader and trainers you encounter everywhere etc..?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • To complete pokedex, do you have to capture all Pokemon? or you can just fight Pokemon
    that you come into contract .this include fighting other people (online) Pokemon and in game trainers such as gym leader and trainers you encounter everywhere etc..?

In order to complete the Pokedex, you have to catch the Pokemon yourself.

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    last time i check i got about 300 Pokemon in pokedex but i do not have 300 Pokemon....

If you mean the number it gives when you save the game, that's just the number of Pokemon you have seen. If you open the Pokedex it will tell you the number of Pokemon you have caught.

Miau

If I fits...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2022
    Is there a way to find some GTS statistics on the new PGL? I know they had it for the Gen 5 PGL, and you could see what was traded the most in exchange for a certain Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2014
    Does lvl even matter when you battle online? When everysone lvl gets set to 50 does having a lvl 99 even do anything?

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    Does lvl even matter when you battle online? When everysone lvl gets set to 50 does having a lvl 99 even do anything?

Nope, it makes no difference at all! Except obviously a higher-level Pokemon could have moves that a lower-level one couldn't.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
  • Is there a way to find some GTS statistics on the new PGL? I know they had it for the Gen 5 PGL, and you could see what was traded the most in exchange for a certain Pokemon.

It doesn't appear that they have a comprehensive statistics page for the 6th Gen GTS yet. All they have is that random statistic that shows that Vivillon is the most traded Pokémon (located at the bottom left of the main page).

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    Actually, it does matter. Low-level Pokemon are not scaled to level 50. We have seen people running level 49 Amoonguss in order to underspeed other Amoonguss in Trick Room. There is also the FEAR and SABER that uses level 1 Rattata and Aron respectively.

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    Does anyone know about get what you want on the Global link mini games?
    Apparently it is luck-based and is not affected by your performance. Praying might help.
    What are the benefits that I can get by tipping?
    PGL seems to keep track with your amount of money you have spent for tipping. Otherwise there are no apparent side effects.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back