• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen May 6, 2014
    So im new to wifi battleing so what really matters stat wise when everyones set to lvl 50 like do stats like attack hp speical attack, ect.... Even matter? Or are they all set equally like do I just gotta get my pokemon to atleast lvl 50? Like can someone explain what really matters and what I should train my pokemon too and does breeding and making pure pokemon even matter when they get set to lvl 50?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • So im new to wifi battleing so what really matters stat wise when everyones set to lvl 50 like do stats like attack hp speical attack, ect.... Even matter? Or are they all set equally like do I just gotta get my pokemon to atleast lvl 50? Like can someone explain what really matters and what I should train my pokemon too and does breeding and making pure pokemon even matter when they get set to lvl 50?

When a high-leveled Pokemon becomes level 50 for Wi-Fi battles, its stats are set to what it would look like at level 50. Pokemon that are lower than 50 remain at their current level, but those who are above that become level 50. For the most part, it's best to train a Pokemon to level 50, but some Pokemon learn crucial moves or evolve past level 50, so it's okay to train a Pokemon past that in that case.

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2014
    When a high-leveled Pokemon becomes level 50 for Wi-Fi battles, its stats are set to what it would look like at level 50. Pokemon that are lower than 50 remain at their current level, but those who are above that become level 50. For the most part, it's best to train a Pokemon to level 50, but some Pokemon learn crucial moves or evolve past level 50, so it's okay to train a Pokemon past that in that case.

So is there any advantages of breeding a perfect pokemon?

Miau

If I fits...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2022
    So is there any advantages of breeding a perfect pokemon?

Even if all Pokemon are set to lv. 50, that doesn't mean their stats are identical. A max IV in a stat gives you +15.5 (31/2) in that stat. EV training is also very important. Maxing EVs in a stat gives you +31.5 (252/8) in that stat. So an IV bred and EV trained Pokemon will have higher stats.

[EDIT] Might be worth mentioning that the result of (IV/2 + EV/8) is rounded down, so it's best to make sure that (IV + EV/4) is an even number; that way you can save the four extra EVs for another stat.

Last edited:

UB3R_N00B

I am UB3R_N00B! Watch me fail!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2014
    I need some help here! I am about to enter the pokeball factory to take on team flare and need some help! All of my team is leveled nicely from 44-50 except for one, my swinub! Hes level 24 and I need some tips on how to catch him up with the rest of the team without overleveling the other pokemon! I am excited to get a mamoswine from my swinub but i want him to catch up in levels! How can i do this? Anyone have some tips?

Thanks!

- UB3R_N00B

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
  • I need some help here! I am about to enter the pokeball factory to take on team flare and need some help! All of my team is leveled nicely from 44-50 except for one, my swinub! Hes level 24 and I need some tips on how to catch him up with the rest of the team without overleveling the other pokemon! I am excited to get a mamoswine from my swinub but i want him to catch up in levels! How can i do this? Anyone have some tips?

Thanks!

- UB3R_N00B

If you play with him in amie and get at least level 2 affection, he'll earn 20% more EXP. Otherwise, you could lead with him and have him hold a Lucky Egg and switch him out until he catches up.

Last edited:

UB3R_N00B

Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2014
    Ill get him those two affection AND have him lead with lucky egg, where is a good place to go if im at the pokeball factory part of the game?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Ill get him those two affection AND have him lead with lucky egg, where is a good place to go if im at the pokeball factory part of the game?
    The Battle Chateau is usually a good place to go for leveling. There's also Restaurant Le Wow in Lumiose...but that's probably too expensive for you right now.

Also, the Exp O-Power can further increase your exp gains, albeit for a short amount of time.

UB3R_N00B

Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2014
    Okay thanks! If I am only currently holding 6 badges would using the gold writ of invitation be worth it in the Battle Chateu?

Years
  • Okay thanks! If I am only currently holding 6 badges would using the gold writ of invitation be worth it in the Battle Chateu?

You don't need a certain number of badges to use certain writs in the Battle Chateau, it depends on your nobility rank there. In the case of the Gold Writ of Invitation, you can access that once you reach the Earl rank there (or Countess in the case for female players).

If you're at Marquis rank (Marchioness is the female counterpart) the Silver Writ of Invitation is also handy since that allows trainers to show up more often. Otherwise there's still the standard Writ of Invitation, which does a similar thing if you're in the lower ranks. But once you become a Marquis the Furisode Girls with the Audinos start showing up, and they give out loads of EXP when knocked out.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2019
    are most people who battle online casual or hardcore?
    By casual, i am talking about people who dont care about pokemon IV ,EF. stat etc...
    they just dont take thing too serious. Hardcore is opposite

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    They're a mixture of both, haha. Always keep yourself prepared while going online to battling, because you never know what kind of a player you might wind up facing. :P

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2019
    can pokemon from 2 different species but same egg group pass down hidden/normal ability to 1 another. how can you tell which hidden/normal ability will be passed on

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    can pokemon from 2 different species but same egg group pass down hidden/normal ability to 1 another. how can you tell which hidden/normal ability will be passed on
    The mother's hidden ability is the only one that can pass down in such situations, as the offspring should be representative of the mother's species. The father's hidden ability can only pass in the case of Ditto as the other parent.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back