• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    You can only get HA Shelmet from the Dream World. And yes, Spikes is a valid egg moves for Shelmet.

Sources:

well, the dreamworld isn't the ONLY way to get Shelmet with it's hidden ability, there are breeders (like me!) that actually have a Shelmet with it's hidden ability AND Spikes ;-) ~RNC~, DM me and let's work out a trade

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    You can't breed patterns yourself, but do THIS:

Find a trader and get them to breed some Vivillon. Breed your own and trade Eggs. You now have Eggs that will hatch in your OT with the desireed pattern. I have a few patterns under my OT and, depending on yours, might be willing to exchange.

Miau

If I fits...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2022
    well, the dreamworld isn't the ONLY way to get Shelmet with it's hidden ability, there are breeders (like me!) that actually have a Shelmet with it's hidden ability AND Spikes ;-) ~RNC~, DM me and let's work out a trade

Of course, that's pretty obvious :)

I only meant that the Dream World is (or rather, was) the only place where you can catch wild Shelmet with Overcoat. Which I assume was what RNC was asking in the first place, if Overcoat Shelmet are legal, hence why I posted the link to serebii's list of released hidden abilities.

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2022
    Is there a way to view a list of people you have meet on PSS, or even better a list of people who have said "nice" to you and vice-versa?

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
    Years
  • Of course, that's pretty obvious :)

I only meant that the Dream World is (or rather, was) the only place where you can catch wild Shelmet with Overcoat. Which I assume was what RNC was asking in the first place, if Overcoat Shelmet are legal, hence why I posted the link to serebii's list of released hidden abilities.

I have a shelmet with overcoat, but I thought the the female can only pass the abilities and the males can only pass the moves, so how would I get one with the EM and the ability?

Miau

If I fits...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2022
    I have a shelmet with overcoat, but I thought the the female can only pass the abilities and the males can only pass the moves, so how would I get one with the EM and the ability?

There were some changes to breeding in gen 6.

Male (and genderless) Pokemon will now pass down their HAs if they're paired with Ditto. So if you have a male Shelmet with Overcoat, breed it with Ditto, and there's a chance that the babies will have Overcoat. Breed until you get a female with Overcoat, then breed that one with a compatible male that knows Spikes, like Pineco.

Also, females can pass down egg moves now as well, so if you breed a female Shelmet with Spikes, then all the baby Shelmet will know Spikes. This way, you can pair it with another male with another egg move, and pass both Spikes and that egg move.

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
    Years
  • There were some changes to breeding in gen 6.

Male (and genderless) Pokemon will now pass down their HAs if they're paired with Ditto. So if you have a male Shelmet with Overcoat, breed it with Ditto, and there's a chance that the babies will have Overcoat. Breed until you get a female with Overcoat, then breed that one with a compatible male that knows Spikes, like Pineco.

Also, females can pass down egg moves now as well, so if you breed a female Shelmet with Spikes, then all the baby Shelmet will know Spikes. This way, you can pair it with another male with another egg move, and pass both Spikes and that egg move.

So there is no way to do this in a 5th gen. game then?

Miau

If I fits...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2022
    So there is no way to do this in a 5th gen. game then?

Only if you have a female with Overcoat to start with. Otherwise, males don't pass down HAs in gen 5, so no, not possible in that case.

Were you planning to breed this in gen 5 and transport it to gen 6? I can understand if you wanted to RNG it, but breeding for IVs can get pretty fast in gen 6 with the Destiny Knot (that guarantees that 5 IVs from the parents are passed down to the babies), so a 5IV is definitely doable without too much hassle. 6IV is tougher though {XD}

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
    Years
  • Only if you have a female with Overcoat to start with. Otherwise, males don't pass down HAs in gen 5, so no, not possible in that case.

Were you planning to breed this in gen 5 and transport it to gen 6? I can understand if you wanted to RNG it, but breeding for IVs can get pretty fast in gen 6 with the Destiny Knot (that guarantees that 5 IVs from the parents are passed down to the babies), so a 5IV is definitely doable without too much hassle. 6IV is tougher though {XD}

I have the female shelmet with overcoat, but can't figure out how to get the move on it and yes I want to breed it on my 5th gen. game and then transport it to my 6th gen. thanks for the help btw.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I have the female shelmet with overcoat, but can't figure out how to get the move on it and yes I want to breed it on my 5th gen. game and then transport it to my 6th gen. thanks for the help btw.
    You're pretty much good to go since you have a female one with its DW ability. All you need to do is breed it with a male Pineco/Forretress that knows Spikes.

Miau

If I fits...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2022
    Okay, so I got the Oval Charm for seeing all the Pokemon in the Kalos 'dex. How would I get the Shiny Charm? Is it seeing or capturing all the Pokemon in the National 'dex? And do you know for sure? I know bulba says "obtaining" and serebii doesn't say anything, so I'm asking somebody who actually got it.

Years
  • Okay, so I got the Oval Charm for seeing all the Pokemon in the Kalos 'dex. How would I get the Shiny Charm? Is it seeing or capturing all the Pokemon in the National 'dex? And do you know for sure? I know bulba says "obtaining" and serebii doesn't say anything, so I'm asking somebody who actually got it.

I know I haven't obtained the Shiny Charm, but from what I remember I think you have to capture all of the Pokemon in the National Dex. Event-only legendaries don't count towards this.

Years
  • Okay, so I got the Oval Charm for seeing all the Pokemon in the Kalos 'dex. How would I get the Shiny Charm? Is it seeing or capturing all the Pokemon in the National 'dex? And do you know for sure? I know bulba says "obtaining" and serebii doesn't say anything, so I'm asking somebody who actually got it.

You "gotta catch'em all" in order to obtain the shiny charm (you can omit event-only legendaries such as Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, etc.)

Last edited:
    Years
  • For the in-game traded stuff like
    ~ Stevie, the Eevee & the Shauna starters

What are the IVs on the in-game trade Pokemon of XY?

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2015
    Im not sure if anyone has asked this but how many patterns has Vivillon have and how do you get them?

Years
  • Im not sure if anyone has asked this but how many patterns has Vivillon have and how do you get them?

If my calculations are correct, there are currently 20 different patterns, two--the Fancy and Poké Ball patterns--which are event-only. As for how to get the non-event ones, there are two methods:

The first is to acquire differently patterned Vivillon via trade. Vivillon's pattern is determined by the current real world location it's in. For example, say you live in California, which High Plains Vivillon reside in. You acquire a Japanese Spewpa via Wonder Trade. Even though the Spewpa is from another country, it will still turn into a High Plains Vivillon.

The other method requires you to change your location on the 3DS, then go onto the Global Link to make the change official in-game.

As for the two event Vivillon, the only way to get the Poké Ball Vivillon is to receive it via trade or go to France between now and June 21st. The Fancy Vivillon hasn't been distributed yet, iirc.

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2015
    If my calculations are correct, there are currently 20 different patterns, two--the Fancy and Poké Ball patterns--which are event-only. As for how to get the non-event ones, there are two methods:

The first is to acquire differently patterned Vivillon via trade. Vivillon's pattern is determined by the current real world location it's in. For example, say you live in California, which High Plains Vivillon reside in. You acquire a Japanese Spewpa via Wonder Trade. Even though the Spewpa is from another country, it will still turn into a High Plains Vivillon.

The other method requires you to change your location on the 3DS, then go onto the Global Link to make the change official in-game.

As for the two event Vivillon, the only way to get the Poké Ball Vivillon is to receive it via trade or go to France between now and June 21st. The Fancy Vivillon hasn't been distributed yet, iirc.

Ok thank you, I'll look on the GTS for them

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017

Actually you can't change your location on the 3DS in this way, once the game has started, that game will always be set for that location no matter WHAT 3DS it's playing in or what region it's been set to. In order to change the region, you must start a whole new game (or buy a new cartridge and start that) I started my X in the Hawaii region and then set my 3DS back to my regular region and every spewpa evolves into the Ocean pattern in X even though the 3DS is no longer set to that region and my Y game always has the High Plains pattern. Neither required going onto the global link to change the region, you can just do it in the system settings and that's it. On top of that, you are limited to what regions you can change it to. You CANNOT change it to a country that is outside the region the 3DS was purchased in (so you can't change it to a Japanese region if bought in North America, for example) https://en-americas-support.nintend...60/~/how-to-change-the-system-region-settings

Adore

Party.
    Years
  • Do the Power items (like the Power Anklet, Power Bracer, etc) affect the EVs earned by Super Training as well as battles? If so, by how much? Also, does the Macho Brace?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back