• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    I'm having trouble transferring pokemon from white 2 to pokebank. I wanted to teach pokemon in white 2 move tutor moves but they won't transfer to pokebank. I did it before but now it won't let me. Any ideas?

What moves specifically? Cause I transferred tons of move tutor egg moves from gen 1 - 3 (gen 1 - 3 pokemon, not pokemon specifically from those games) and had no problem. And are you sure those pokemon weren't hacked in any way? Also, what pokemon, what are their hidden abilities, etc?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I'm having trouble transferring pokemon from white 2 to pokebank. I wanted to teach pokemon in white 2 move tutor moves but they won't transfer to pokebank. I did it before but now it won't let me. Any ideas?

Movin' this into the Q&A thread....

Moves.

Move tutor moves and egg moves shouldn't bar your Pokemon from making it into the Bank. Like Howmander said, there's probably something wrong with the Pokemon themselves. Or you're doing something wrong. And there was an update released for the Bank yesterday, so maybe ya gotta download that.

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2014
    A serperier and I wanted to teach it iron tail and outrage. Which it can learn. Yeah I did use pokegen to make it spawn but nothing on it was non legit. If never had problems before.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    A serperier and I wanted to teach it iron tail and outrage. Which it can learn. Yeah I did use pokegen to make it spawn but nothing on it was non legit. If never had problems before.

What do you mean "To make it spawn" exactly? But if it's a Serperior, what ability does it have? Cause Contrary was never released so poke bank doesn't allow ANYTHING from the Snivy line with that ability through. Also, since you used Pokegen, does the description actually SAY it was hatched or caught? (because if it doesn't, Pokebank also wouldn't let an unhatched pokemon with an egg move through)

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    so on the PGL website they list the EON ticket being available Nov 26, but you can't click on it to get any details on how, where, when or why you can get item, so does anyone know any details about it yet?

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2014
    Cannot found Cumerupt

hello, i have look everywhere for cumerup it says it shold be in the saffari zone (ground) but i dont know where it is have look in evcery ground. but have not herd of saffari zone??? I also need to know where is megastone for cumerupt??? have only gotten for venusaur and charizard i think==? but need to found it MEGA CUMERUPT is so Cool!!! :) Pleaqs help also sorry for my english is not my firs langage!

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    hello, i have look everywhere for cumerup it says it shold be in the saffari zone (ground) but i dont know where it is have look in evcery ground. but have not herd of saffari zone??? I also need to know where is megastone for cumerupt??? have only gotten for venusaur and charizard i think==? but need to found it MEGA CUMERUPT is so Cool!!! :) Pleaqs help also sorry for my english is not my firs langage!

I moved your question into the X/Y Q&A tread, just so you know.

The Friend Safari is only available to you after you've beaten the Elite 4. Camerupt appears in Ground type safaris, but it's not guaranteed. There's several Pokemon that can appear in a specific safari type; you just don't happen to have a Friend Code registered that produces a Ground safari with Camerupt. You might wanna take a look at the list in the first post of this thread:
    http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=324736

to see who has a safari with Camerupt in it.

Also, Camerupt's megastone is not in X and Y. It's only in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire.

so on the PGL website they list the EON ticket being available Nov 26, but you can't click on it to get any details on how, where, when or why you can get item, so does anyone know any details about it yet?
    As far as I know it's currently only being distributed via some Streetpass event in Japan and some other convoluted in person event crap in the US. You might wanna check Bulbanews and Serebii or something.

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2014
    K cool Thanks! :) off to bye oras then when it arives her also!

Also mabe can trade for Cumerupt in trade POKéMON VERSION X/Y?!?!? is possible even ig is from teh Saffari zone? An trade mega sones as welll????????? Say CHAR for the CUMERUPT? Even over the Games???

Last edited:
    Years
  • K cool Thanks! :) off to bye oras then when it arives her also!

Also mabe can trade for Cumerupt in trade POKéMON VERSION X/Y?!?!? is possible even ig is from teh Saffari zone? An trade mega sones as welll????????? Say CHAR for the CUMERUPT? Even over the Games???

The new Mega Stones from OR/AS can't be traded into X/Y, but the Mega Stones in X/Y can be traded to OR/AS.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    K cool Thanks! :) off to bye oras then when it arives her also!

You could also check out the Trade Corner if you want someone to trade you a Camerupt.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    So redoing my movelist I see that Amaura/Aurorus finally gets Hyper Voice in ORAS (along with Earth Power! Yay!) so my question is, since it has Refrigerate, is there any point to having a second ice type move? I was thinking of keeping Freeze Dry but if Hyper Voice becomes Ice type, is that a waste of a moveslot, or should I keep it in case I lose the Refrigerate ability during a battle or something? Thanks!

Also, on a side note, is there any way to turn off the auto correct on this site? I retyped "movelist" five times before I could get it to post the way I was typing it and I get stuck on words like that every so often and it's ONLY this website that this auto correct takes hold so I'm pretty sure its the message board and not my computer/browser so is there any way in my settings I can shut that off? Thanks!

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    So redoing my movelist I see that Amaura/Aurorus finally gets Hyper Voice in ORAS (along with Earth Power! Yay!) so my question is, since it has Refrigerate, is there any point to having a second ice type move? I was thinking of keeping Freeze Dry but if Hyper Voice becomes Ice type, is that a waste of a moveslot, or should I keep it in case I lose the Refrigerate ability during a battle or something? Thanks!

You may want to have both Freeze Dry and Hyper Voice on there because Freeze Dry hits Water types super-effectively, which a Refrigerated Hyper Voice doesn't do, and Freeze Dry would out-damage Thunderbolt because of STAB (not to mention that Freeze Dry is also 4x effective against Water/Ground types that would normally be immune to Thunderbolt and neutral to other ice attacks).

Also, on a side note, is there any way to turn off the auto correct on this site? I retyped "movelist" five times before I could get it to post the way I was typing it and I get stuck on words like that every so often and it's ONLY this website that this auto correct takes hold so I'm pretty sure its the message board and not my computer/browser so is there any way in my settings I can shut that off? Thanks!
    There's auto-correct on here? But I think yer gonna wanna ask in the Community Feedback and Support section about this.

Years
    • Seen Sep 5, 2015
    Can someone help me figure a breeding chain out?
    Ive got Destiny knot and those two parents:
    Male Audino: Perfect IVs in HP Spatk and Spdef
    Ditto: Perfect Ivs in Def Spdef and Speed

How do I get a almost (Except Attack) perfect Audino? Its the first time I do this.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Is there an updated chart of all the legendaries? right up until gen 6? (Diancie doesn't have to be on it) I am looking for 1 single picture with all the legendaries on it so I can do a checklist as I get them in ORAS and can also put down what poke ball I want to catch them in so when I get them I remember which pokemon I want in what poke ball. I found lots that go up to gen 5, but none for gen 6. (Yeah, I know it's only 3, but still)

Ideally I want one that looks something like this: (for some reason the image tag doesn't work,) http://images5.fanpop.com/image/pho...kemon-legendary-pokemon-29221760-1320-990.jpg

as I did come across one that did have the gen 6 legendaries, but it was one of those flowcharts that shows how the creator thought they were all related to each other and it's all just too busy for my own notes on top of that, so if there is one that is more clean like the one I posted, I would really appreciate it!

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Can someone help me figure a breeding chain out?
    Ive got Destiny knot and those two parents:
    Male Audino: Perfect IVs in HP Spatk and Spdef
    Ditto: Perfect Ivs in Def Spdef and Speed

How do I get a almost (Except Attack) perfect Audino? Its the first time I do this.
    Give the one with the nature you want to pass down an Everstone, then give the other the Destiny Knot. Breed them until you get a 4 or 5 IV one. Then use the new Audino in place of the original one. You'll want to keep breeding until you have a 5 (or 6) IV male/female pair of Audinos. Then just breed the two of them together (with Destiny Knot and Everstone of course) until you get the desired IV spread.

Where can I get the UK demo code for OR/AS? or is it too late to get it now? :-)
    Pretty sure it's too late for that now, since the games are out in most of the world already and will be out in Europe this Friday.

Also....this is the X/Y section. ORAS things go in the ORAS section, not here.

Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2014
    Battling without Mega Pokemon?

I've never played X & Y, and I absolutely detest the idea of mega Pokemon. I think they've taken things too far, and it's become like Digmon now. As if Pokemon like Mewtwo and Lucario weren't powerful enough, they had to go and make them even more powerful. AND change their appearance. In my opinion, you can't just take a classic gen 1 pokemon like Gengar or Blastoise and mess with their appearances like that (Mega Blastoise looks horrific as well).

Okay, ranting and raving aside, my question is basically this:

Can you battle online with rules that don't allow Mega Pokemon? Because I really don't know what I'd do against really powerful Mega Pokemon... what chance would I have and how would I defeat a pokemon like Mega Mewtwo? Okay, that's two questions, but still. I'm actually a rookie when it comes to battling. I've only ever done it once or twice online, but I used to battle a lot against friends as a kid.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I've never played X & Y, and I absolutely detest the idea of mega Pokemon. I think they've taken things too far, and it's become like Digmon now. As if Pokemon like Mewtwo and Lucario weren't powerful enough, they had to go and make them even more powerful. AND change their appearance. In my opinion, you can't just take a classic gen 1 pokemon like Gengar or Blastoise and mess with their appearances like that (Mega Blastoise looks horrific as well).

Okay, ranting and raving aside, my question is basically this:

Can you battle online with rules that don't allow Mega Pokemon? Because I really don't know what I'd do against really powerful Mega Pokemon... what chance would I have and how would I defeat a pokemon like Mega Mewtwo? Okay, that's two questions, but still. I'm actually a rookie when it comes to battling. I've only ever done it once or twice online, but I used to battle a lot against friends as a kid.
    I moved your post into the X/Y Q&A thread, just so you know.

Moved.

To answer your question, there isn't really any way to battle online and not fight megas. Not on Battle Spot, not on Pokemon Showdown. The best you can do is do Rating Battles on Battle Spot, where some legendaries (including Mewtwo) are not allowed, or play in whichever tier on showdown you like best. Either that or set up battles with individuals and have both parties agree to not using Mega Evolutions. Maybe try asking for that in this thread here:

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=305545

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
    Years
  • I think this is simple but i need to make sure I'm right. I Super Trained my Tyrunt until she became fully trained. She is maxed out. She is at lv. 3. She started out with 11 in defenses and now it is 13, yadda yadda. Are her gained EVs going to be distributed SLOWLY as she levels up to 100 instead of being gained ALL AT ONCE once she levels up once? Very confused, please help :P

Essentially, it takes time for EV stat gains to appear, especially in lower level pokemon leveling up? Someone said they EV trained their lv 95 gallade and it gained 63 stats AT ONCE so I'm assuming my Tyrunt is just going to get them in tiny increments at a time?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I think this is simple but i need to make sure I'm right. I Super Trained my Tyrunt until she became fully trained. She is maxed out. She is at lv. 3. She started out with 11 in defenses and now it is 13, yadda yadda. Are her gained EVs going to be distributed SLOWLY as she levels up to 100 instead of being gained ALL AT ONCE once she levels up once? Very confused, please help :P
    Yeah, the EVs are distributed over the course of many levels and not all at your next level up (this change came in Generation V).

If you compared your EV trained Tyrunt, at let's say level 100, to another Tyrunt of the same level and nature with no EVs, you'll see that the EV trained one has better stats than the non-EV trained one.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back