• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2014
    Hello, I have an urgent question and I hope someone will help me. I am breeding Masuda Method for a shiny Torchic. I have a UK game, and I breed with a Japanese Torchic and another Torchic a friend of mine gave me (that Torchic I got from my friend is also from a UK game).

I wonder though if the Masuda Method will still work, because I'm not the OT of one of the parents? And the other Torchic that is also from UK, has therefore a different OT than my own OT, so is it then still possible with the Egg generation (hatched eggs will have me as the OT) that it will be shiny?
    I have the Shiny Charm and everything, so I hope the odds of the Masuda Method of 1/512 still work...

Please help me, I already hatched 300 eggs and I feel like I'm doing it wrong... Thanks a lot for your help! :)

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Hello, I have an urgent question and I hope someone will help me. I am breeding Masuda Method for a shiny Torchic. I have a UK game, and I breed with a Japanese Torchic and another Torchic a friend of mine gave me (that Torchic I got from my friend is also from a UK game).

I wonder though if the Masuda Method will still work, because I'm not the OT of one of the parents? And the other Torchic that is also from UK, has therefore a different OT than my own OT, so is it then still possible with the Egg generation (hatched eggs will have me as the OT) that it will be shiny?
    I have the Shiny Charm and everything, so I hope the odds of the Masuda Method of 1/512 still work...

Please help me, I already hatched 300 eggs and I feel like I'm doing it wrong... Thanks a lot for your help! :)
    All that is required for the Masuda Method is that the parents be from two different countries. So using a UK parent and a Japanese parent is enough for the Masuda Method to work. You could use a Torchic from Spain and a Torchic from South Korea and it would still work for you. OT doesn't matter. Just keep breeding; even though you have the Shiny Charm and are Masudaing, it can still take a long time to hatch a shiny since it's all up to luck/the RNG. Sometimes people will hatch a shiny after only like 6 eggs while it takes others like 1000 eggs, even with Shiny Charm+MM.

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
    Years
  • Real quick, do you guys think this is worth it? Would it be worth the effort to EV train my Avalugg, whose DEF stat is 184 but whose SP. DEF stat is only 46 (look at Bulbapedia), in SP. DEF and breed her to have a personality that boosts SP. DEF at the cost of speed? Or is that 46 just too little to work with?

Basically: if a stat is under 50-60, is it worth it to try and raise it?

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Real quick, do you guys think this is worth it? Would it be worth the effort to EV train my Avalugg, whose DEF stat is 184 but whose SP. DEF stat is only 46 (look at Bulbapedia), in SP. DEF and breed her to have a personality that boosts SP. DEF at the cost of speed? Or is that 46 just too little to work with?

Basically: if a stat is under 50-60, is it worth it to try and raise it?

Personally I (using Serebii as a guide) never bother EV training anything under a base stat of 70. I have no particular reason why I chose 70, it really is arbitrary but it just seems for the most part, anything under base 70 is never worth the investment because they've got better stats you can make use of so why reduce the potential of a good stat to make a terrible stat not quite as terrible. (on the pages for every pokemon on Serebii if you scroll to the bottom it lists the base stat of every pokemon) The exception to this, of course, being if 70 is the highest base stat of a pokemon, in which case I just let the highest number be my guide.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    This should help you out http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/320.shtml

I am not sure if you need to fish or surf, though i assume both should work.

If you click on "details" across from the location list for each game it will actually tell you which you need to do: in X and Y, Route 8, Cyllage City and Ambrette Town all need you to Surf, which in OR/AS all locations require you to fish with a good or super rod

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    Ok, I've noticed a part in the Lost Hotel that I cannot pass... There's a punk who won't let me through, says that I need suitable clothes in order to see the boss? So, what sort of clothes do I need in order to pass him?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Ok, I've noticed a part in the Lost Hotel that I cannot pass... There's a punk who won't let me through, says that I need suitable clothes in order to see the boss? So, what sort of clothes do I need in order to pass him?
    IDK why he says clothes, but what you actually need is to learn 4 roller skate tricks. The "boss" is actually a guy who will teach you the final roller skate trick.

Who teaches you the other 4 tricks and where they are located can be found here: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Roller_skates#Tricks

KostK2Boss

Europe Confirmed!!!
    Years
  • Anyone having trouble with Pokebank too?

Pokebank didn't want to work for me the other day. From what I gathered after an extensive Google search, the problem seems to be with the servers overloading from time to time and not with my internet connection (which makes sense. EVERYTHING else works just fine, but Pokebank doesn't).
    Anyone else having the same problem recently?

EDIT: I did finally get it to work today, so I guess it's all a matter of using it when there's not a lot of traffic. Still, it's kind of annoying.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2014
    Holocauster make gaem freez

when open holocaster game freez somtimes on rout 4 ithink it was??? but what is wrong?? on POKéMON X

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    So I just traded my Latias over to my Y game to check it's IVs and in it's description it says it's from a "Faraway Place" whereas the other pokemon I have from the original Ruby and Sapphire say "Hoenn" so are all the ORAS pokemon not listed as from Hoenn in X and Y but rather from a Faraway Place or what?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    So I just traded my Latias over to my Y game to check it's IVs and in it's description it says it's from a "Faraway Place" whereas the other pokemon I have from the original Ruby and Sapphire say "Hoenn" so are all the ORAS pokemon not listed as from Hoenn in X and Y but rather from a Faraway Place or what?
    Yeah, all Pokemon that originate from ORAS are gonna say that they came from a "Faraway Place", despite it being Hoenn. It's like how Pokemon caught in Johto in HG/SS were also from a "Faraway Place" on Diamond/Pearl/Platinum, even though Johto was known to us before Sinnoh.

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2015
    Can someone explain to me the ability Sheer Force
    I got this from the serebii website but to me it doesn't make sense
    Sheer Force: Moves with a secondary effect are increased in power by 33% but lose their secondary effect

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Can someone explain to me the ability Sheer Force
    I got this from the serebii website but to me it doesn't make sense
    [/SIZE]
    A good example would be Flare Blitz. The primary extra effect it has is recoil damage to the user. The secondary extra effect is has is the chance to burn the opponent. With Sheer Force, Flare Blitz will no longer have the chance to burn, but keeps the recoil damage effect and has its power boosted. Bulbapedia offers a slightly better explanation than Serebii does, and lists all the moves that get a boost from Sheer Force:

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Sheer_Force_(Ability)#Affected_moves

Pokemon with Sheer Force also don't take Life Orb damage.

Migit78

Pokemon Master
    Years
  • What is the message "Even though a new present is waiting for you, you won't be able to receive it this time" when logging into the pokebank mean?

You have obtained pokemiles for depositing/withdrawing Pokemon.
    But you've hit collect points previously but not obtained them in the game through poke link yet

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back