• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    No. Mega Evolution is just a form change and not a real evolution. Since the change reverts after battle, Eviolite won't consider them real evolutions and will not give the boost.

Stealth_MadAboutPokemon

The Ground Type trainer
    Years
    Greninja and/or Clawitzer?

I'll be getting X really soon, and I've wanted to pick Froakie and Charmander since the beginning. But, then I saw Clawitzer. I fell in love with it and I really want to use it. What is a good way to combine/make up for these two?

Years
    Best ber is to reset it. It could be like the Monochromatic Pokemon glitch sorta, where it is only in effect until you turn the game off and back on again. I could very well be wrong tho.

Years
    Naw, Froakie isn't to great without it's HA, I'd pick chespin and charmander and clawitzer, and they work decent with eachother because of the types coverage :D.

Rabski_Melt

There can only be one.
    Years
    Question about iv breeding:
    I have a Fletchling(male) with 31 at HP/ATK/SPEED and a fletchinder with 31 DEF/SPEEDand Gale Wings(female)
    I wanna go for a 31/31/31/??/31/31 Talonflame so i gave fletchling the everstone to pass down the Adamant and fletchinder the destiny knot.Then once i hatch a fletchling with 31 IVS at HP ATK DEF SPEED Male with Gale wings i am gonna take out thefletchinder with the destiny knot(female)take a ditto with 31 at special def,give it the destiny knot and breed it with the Fletcchling(male with gale wings) that has 31 at everything except SpAtk and SpDef.Then i will continue breeding till i find the one i want.
    Is there something wrong with that method?
    I have been breeding my Male fletchling max HP ATK SPEED with my Fletchinder Female with gale wings max Def Speed(destiny knot)for an hour and i havent gotten a single one that has max HP ATK DEF SPEED.

yes this should work keep trying or trade ; )

NRG

Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2015
    For the story playthrough it doesn't really matter if you have 2 water types. With the exp share on and a selection of other types the game is easy.

For competitive clawizter doesn't look too great to me, haven't seen anyone use one. Maybe a scarf set with + speed nature and max speed EVs would be usable?

I.T.

The Pokémon Cartel
    Years
    Quick breeding question: I have a Tyrogue with it's Hidden Ability but it doesn't have the right nature I want. Tyrogue is a male species only PKMN and it can only breed with Ditto. My question is will it's Hidden Ability be passed down since it isn't a female? Could I breed it with another Hitmon instead? HELP!

LoudSilence

more like uncommon sense
    Years
    • US
    • Seen Aug 7, 2016
    Really hope you didn't save after evolving it buddy, it has been known to happen from time to time.

LoudSilence

more like uncommon sense
    Years
    • US
    • Seen Aug 7, 2016
    You can't hold Eviolite while it's holding a Mega Stone anyway, so this is kind of a non-issue :P

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I'll be getting X really soon, and I've wanted to pick Froakie and Charmander since the beginning. But, then I saw Clawitzer. I fell in love with it and I really want to use it. What is a good way to combine/make up for these two?

Let's see… well, these two are super-effective against electric and grass I believe, so I'd have a ground- and a fire-type Pokémon on my team to give them protection. For ground, try either Gliscor, Hippowdon, or Garchomp. As for fire, you should probably go with Volcarona. If you're not a fan of that, then use Rotom-H.

Also, if you don't mind, I'm merging your thread with X/Y Quick Q&A.

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2016
    Where is the best place to level up pokemon post-game?

Ive just defeated the Elite Four, and I want to train my pokemon still. I dont want to grind the elite four, because they were too much of a hassle the first time (10 resets on water member ;-;). Is there any good place to train pokemon and level them up post game?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Try the Battle Chateau. If you've ranked up enough, you can battle Furisode Girls with Audino, which give a lot of EXP. Also, try out Lumiose' restaurants, as they have Double/Triple/Rotation battles.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Ive just defeated the Elite Four, and I want to train my pokemon still. I dont want to grind the elite four, because they were too much of a hassle the first time (10 resets on water member ;-;). Is there any good place to train pokemon and level them up post game?

Try the Battle Chateau. If you've ranked up enough, you can battle Furisode Girls with Audino, which give a lot of EXP. Also, try out Lumiose' restaurants, as they have Double/Triple/Rotation battles.

In addition to these, you may also try training yourself against hordes. You'll be gaining bunch of experience from training against them, and you'd be receiving EVs, too. You would also be increasing the likelihood of running into a shiny and getting inflicted with PokéRus, which is a plus!

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    How do you get more Thunder Stones outside of Super Training? The Stone Emporium only sells Leaf Stones, Fire Stones, and Water Stones.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    How do you get more Thunder Stones outside of Super Training? The Stone Emporium only sells Leaf Stones, Fire Stones, and Water Stones.

You should be able to find a Thunder Stone laying around somewhere near Geosenge Town (don't remember the exact location, though). There's also one in Route 11 right beside the stairs, where one of those trainers are hanging around. If you've gotten a hold of them already, then unfortunately, Super Training is your only way more Thunder Stones. Well, you could try requesting some on the GTS, but I have no idea if you'll be getting any offers or not. d:

How do you teach Mawile
    Ice punch and Pain split?

You could teach them to Mawile via move tutor in B2W2, I think, then you could have it transferred to your game with PokéBank. Pokémon Bank is going to be released at the end of December, though, so you just have to be a little patient.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back