• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    So... I managed to get a Kyurem from GTS, and now, I am wondering where that girl is who was wanting to see Kyurem. =/

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2014
    When I try to trade on GTS I get "Error has occurred, press the power button to turn off".
    It was fine this morning. What's going on?

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2014
    When I try to trade on GTS I get "Error has occurred, press the power button to turn off".

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024

And here I thought I was the only one. o.0
    It only happened to me once though. Everything seems to be fine now.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    A lazy question. What does the blue pentagon really mean? Kalos Pokemon or Legit Pokemon?

It means that the Pokemon was generated within the 6th generation games. Its not "Kalos Pokemon" as Pokemon not native to the three Kalos Pokedexes can have the pentagons when bred in the games. It doesn't mean that they are hacked or not hacked, but generally if it wasn't made in the Gen 6 games they shouldn't have the Pentagon.

From what i remember of the Translation for tournaments, the Pokemon will have to have this Pentagon to be used in them. So we can only use what we breed/recieve through events in the new games for future tournaments.

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2014
    Two questions:
    What does it mean when it shows a speech bubble with "..." Inside it? People ask me to trade, but can't because of this :(

Sometimes after a battle with a Passerby it doesn't let me add them, yet other times it does. Why is this?

How do I give Chimchar Iron Fist?

Is there a way to have 6V6 in Battlespot? I spend like 20+ minutes spamming passerbyes, surly there must be an easier way!

Why can't I count?

Two questions:
    What does it mean when it shows a speech bubble with "..." Inside it? People ask me to trade, but can't because of this :(

Sometimes after a battle with a Passerby it doesn't let me add them, yet other times it does. Why is this?

Is there a way to have 6V6 in Battlespot? I spend like 20+ minutes spamming passerbyes, surly there must be an easier way!

Why can't I count?

Why do my posts do this? I typed it once, not twice.

Last edited:

§1

Rocket grunt
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2022
    about what are the odds of the destiny knot transferring all IVs from a parent?

also, is there any npc i can talk to that will tell me if a pokemon is flawless?

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Two questions:

Why can't I count?

Two questions:

Why can't I count?

You can't add passersby, when you interact with one (trade, battle or whatever) they become acquaintances, when you interact with the acquantaince (so that person at least a second time) then you have teh option to add them.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Two questions:

Why can't I count?

Why do my posts do this? I typed it once, not twice.

1) I'm not entirely sure what the "..." bubble means, but it could just be that they are busy and are therefore unavailable.

2) When you do something with a Passerby, they become an Aquaintance. When you do something with an Aquaintance, you can make them a Friend.

3) You must breed a Chimchar that already has Iron Fist (since the Dream World is a Gen 5 only thing, and the PokeBank is still down atm). So go ask for one in the Trade PLaza.

4) Nope, there's no 6v6 battles in the BattleSpot. MAYBE in rated battles, but I wouldn't know; I only do random (unrated) battles in the Battle Spot

5) Too much booze?

6) Talk to an Admin about your double post issues. Try asking about it in the Community Feedback and Questions section.

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2014
    From Serebii:

With breeding in the past, whenever you had an egg, the Pokémon that hatched from it would always be within a standard Poké Ball. However, as of Pokémon X & Y, this all changes. From now on, the Poké Ball the egg hatches in is now solely based upon the ball that the mother was caught in. So, if you're breeding a female Pokémon you caught in a Dusk Ball with a male Pokémon in a Cherish Ball, the baby will always be inside the Dusk Ball. This won't work with the Master Ball, however.

So you need to catch a female in the pokeball you wish the child to have.

Except you can't catch a female Charmander in the wild ever =/

And I tried breeding a male Charmander with a female Axew (that I caught on a timer ball) and all the eggs always come out as Axew. Do I keep trying to hatch eggs? Or will it always hatch as the same pokemon as its mother?

Is there no other way around this?

Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2014
    So the Pokemon Daycare level 100 grinding thing...

how long should it take for a pokemon (from level 1) to level up to 100?

i put my gible in there at level 28, it grew 15 levels, and i rare candied it to level 44 (Gabite), and it only took about 1 hour to gain those 15 levels, so does anyone know how long a pokemon should take (with this method) to reach level 100?

i was thinking about 6 for a pokemon who levels up slow

Years

And I tried breeding a male Charmander with a female Axew (that I caught on a timer ball) and all the eggs always come out as Axew. Do I keep trying to hatch eggs? Or will it always hatch as the same pokemon as its mother?

Yes it will always be the mother species. The only way to get a female charmander is through breeding with a ditto. I think it will 12% odds of being female.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017

Safari Zone, you can catch female Charmeleons at level 30. Having trouble? Bring a male pokemon with Cute Charm and all pokemon you encounter will be 66% female regardless of their natural male/female ratio in the wild.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back