• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
  • I'd train the Noibat. I mean, you could use Dodrio in gen I-V. Might as well use a brand new Pokemon! Plus I'm sure it's much better than Dodrio, and it's Dragon/Flying as opposed to Normal/Flying.

Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2014
    Friend Safari...

If I added someone that has chosen Charmander as a Kanto starter, then I go to the friend safari and chose him, will I be able to find Charmander while looking in the grass? I'm wondering because I have this idea of being able to get Charizard X while having Pokemon Y. If I am able to get Charmander through friend safari, will anyone be able to put their friend code in this thread?

The reason I made a thread here is because rather than just adding random people that may/may not have Charmander, I can just add people that put their friend code here. I'm also new here so I may have posted this thread in the wrong place as I don't know my way around here.

My friend code is: 2595 - 1077 - 8435. I'll add you straight away if you enter your friend code here, thanks!

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Doesn't work that way. The person registered is given a random type, then 2-3 Pokemon are generated for that type. Unless they end up with Fire type you won't encounter a Charmeleon in there. Even still there is a low chance of them getting selected.

Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2014
    So do you think I should just go add a bunch of random people and go to each and every one of there friend safari's and hope for a Chameleon? If it goes that way then I'll guess I have to do that way, because I really want to get Charizard X without trading as I get OCD about the OT name for the pokemon so I like getting and training pokemon myself.

Is there any other way I can get Charmander without doing friend safari? Or friend safari is the only way?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    There is this punk at the lost hotel preventing me from proceeding further. How do I get past him?

If you want to get inside Lost Hotel, then according to the punk, you have to be "cool enough." The only way that you can look to him is by showing a few skating tricks. If you don't know any tricks yet, then go back to Lumiose City and talk to all the skaters that you find. With their help, you'll learn a variety of tricks in an instant. Some people say that you can also get past the punk by dressing a certain kind of way, but I'm not exactly sure how that works. d: I'd rather go with the skating option if I were you, because that seems to be a lot easier than spending so much time and energy on dressing up your character.

With The Mega stones I know sometimes hard to choose to place amulet coin or stone. So do you use the Coin for money or keep the
    stone to mega evolve?

I do a bit of both, to be honest. xD When I'm in the need of cash, I put Amulet Coin on my Pokémon. When I'm up for some serious battling, I use Mega Stone.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2015
    Ok I know males can pass down the hidden ability. But is it only with the same pokemons? I can't use like the speed boost male torchic and some other pokemon and the baby won't even have a chance of getting a hidden ability?

Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2013
    Hey people!! so glad i found this site!!!! i desperatly need help, not playued pokemon since ruby and saphire (bad i know) but i had to get back into it for x and y and hope sum1 can help,

FIRST! how do i get my friend code (yeah thats how rusty i am)

and second more seriously... i chose squirtle so ive got his megastone, but i got a charmander and bulbasaur through trade as well, can iget megastones for them anywhere in the game ??????

would be great if sum1 could help me!!! ive been breedin my charmander squirlte bulbasaur and fennikin with ditto so have a ton of starter babys ready for trade if any one needs them :)

o0ne more thing, probably sounds stu[id i know... but what is freind safari??? :/

Last edited:

WarriorCat

Monotype lover!!!!!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jul 30, 2014
    FIRST! how do i get my friend code (yeah thats how rusty i am)

Go to the orange smiley on the top of the 3DS home menu, and you'll find it on your Mii Card thing.

and second more seriously... i chose squirtle so ive got his megastone, but i got a charmander and bulbasaur through trade as well, can iget megastones for them anywhere in the game ??????
    You can buy them at the Lumiose Stone Emporium after you beat the game, the prices range from 10,000 to 1,000,000, I don't know what determines the price though, I think it has to do with the clothes you character is wearing.

o0ne more thing, probably sounds stu[id i know... but what is freind safari??? :/
    https://www.serebii.net/xy/friendsafari.shtml

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Ok I know males can pass down the hidden ability. But is it only with the same pokemons? I can't use like the speed boost male torchic and some other pokemon and the baby won't even have a chance of getting a hidden ability?

Males can pass down hidden abilities to their offspring? I never knew that, actually. I thought females were the only ones that could. xD

Anyway, no, you don't need to have two same, exact Pokémon to pass on hidden abilities. In order to do that, you only need to breed your Pokémon with another within the same egg group. You're free to breed it with any Pokémon that you like, but if it's from a different group, then chances of the child receiving the hidden ability would be quite low—maybe even zero.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2015
    Males can pass down hidden abilities to their offspring? I never knew that, actually. I thought females were the only ones that could. xD

Anyway, no, you don't need to have two same, exact Pokémon to pass on hidden abilities. In order to do that, you only need to breed your Pokémon with another within the same egg group. You're free to breed it with any Pokémon that you like, but if it's from a different group, then chances of the child receiving the hidden ability would be quite low—maybe even zero.

Dunno, that's what I read on serebii. Dunno if it's actually true or not haha XD

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017

Back in Gen V, Female DWs can pass their DW Ability to their offspring by breeding with any compatible Pokémon but Ditto.
    I guess the similar is true -- you need a Female Torchic or her evolutions to breed one.

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2013
    How do you get the pictures taken by whatshisface to be clear? No matter how much I mess around with the settings, it still is pretty fuzzy.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2019
    Pokemon Leveling: Rare Candy, Daycare Super Training discussion

So, as the topic says, I'm would like to discuss the aforementioned items.

If you level up a Pokemon using Rare Candies you do not get any EVs, that much is known. Same, as far as I know, with the daycare lady. So I'm wondering, with the new Super Training device, would it matter if you use Rare Candies to level? Could you regain those 'lost' EVs with a little effort of your own using Super Training? Or can you only go SO FAR using the Super Training and inevitably remain 'stunted'?

If I'm making the wrong assumptions on the subject of Rare Candy training (I've always been told to NEVER use them) please correct me. I've not been able to find any support for them.

Years
  • How do you get the pictures taken by whatshisface to be clear? No matter how much I mess around with the settings, it still is pretty fuzzy.
    Just don't zoom in a whole lot and they should be clear. Also mess with the aperture and exposure settings if you have to as well.

I've never wanted to complete a pokedex, so this will be my first time. I'm kind of confused tho; do you have to catch all pokemon or only see them?
    I'm sure completing the Pokédex means capturing all species of Pokémon.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back