• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    First of all apologies if there is already a thread for this. I did search and found nothing.

I have been trying to catch some water type Pokemon after getting the fishing rod. Every time I use it I catch a Luvdisc. EVERY TIME! I have fished in rivers and seas from Route 3 to 11 so far and still nothing but Luvdisc's. Is this by design or is there something wrong with my game?
    It seems like you only have the Old Rod. Higher rods will give you different results, but I'm not sure at which stage of the game you get them.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    First of all apologies if there is already a thread for this. I did search and found nothing.

I have been trying to catch some water type Pokemon after getting the fishing rod. Every time I use it I catch a Luvdisc. EVERY TIME! I have fished in rivers and seas from Route 3 to 11 so far and still nothing but Luvdisc's. Is this by design or is there something wrong with my game?

It seems like you only have the Old Rod. Higher rods will give you different results, but I'm not sure at which stage of the game you get them.

You get Good Rod in Courmarine City (Sea side, not the Pokemon Center side).
    Super Rod in a hut on Route 16.

Years
    I think its just because lucario gender ratio is 87.% male, so just like the starters, its really hard to get female one.

Thank you!~

I really hope so! I knew the ratio was low for the female Lucario's. But I hope it isn't set for Korrina's Lucario to be male only.
    If anyone could still comfirm it for me, that would be lovely.

Nyaa~

Last edited:

§1

Rocket grunt
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2022
    are there any other moves besides air cutter that knock down berries out of trees?

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    are there any other moves besides air cutter that knock down berries out of trees?

Air Cutter, Twister, Blizzard
    X/Y Quick Q&A

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    So those moves can be used outside of battle? IS headbutt still in the game?

Headbutt is in the game, but it's not a field move.

Using the right move in the right place in battle will get you free items. I used Skiddo's Razor Leaf in Route 5 and got Power Herbs and Mental Herbs after the battles.

Reactions: Sun

WarriorCat

Monotype lover!!!!!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jul 30, 2014
    Which HMs are necessary for victory road? Also, where can I find dragon claw and ice beam?

I'm not sure about the HMs, I know strength, but that's all I know, maybe Surf and Cut for the outside parts.
    As for the TMs, you get Dragon Claw in Victory Road (idk where exactly :P), and you get Ice Beam from beating the 8th Gym Leader.

-Neji-

Something Different
    Years
    Heya, are all pokemon available in X and Y somehow or do we have to wait till December when we can trade with the previous gens? . I was chasing a Bouffalant

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Heya, are all pokemon available in X and Y somehow or do we have to wait till December when we can trade with the previous gens? . I was chasing a Bouffalant

Pokemon like Chimchar and Piplup are unavailable currently, so no one can complete that 700+ Pokedex yet.

Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2014
    Are there any randomized battle places?

Hey guys, just got done beating y after ~31 hours and loved it. Now I'm in the postgame and wondering if there's anything similar to the battle factory in emerald or the pokemon world championship thing in black and white that allows for completely randomized battles. That was one of my favorite things in those games and I'm really hoping they didn't take it out. That would be the biggest disappointment in this game so far.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2013
    Battle Mansion
    Battle Restaurant
    Battle Cheatu

anyone have persian in there pokedex and can tell if there location to catch it ?

Last edited by a moderator:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back