• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Q.) Regarding the 3 new Legendary Pokemon, what are their names and the pokemon type and other information on the pokemon. (If needed add a link to a detailed post about them.)

Their names are Volcanion, Hoopa, and Diancie, and they're fire/water, ghost/psychic, and fairy/rock, respectively. (: These Pokémon haven't been confirmed, but there's a lot of hints in the game that prove their existence (such the availability of their names on the Global Trade Station). Here's a picture of these Pokémon. Don't know if it's real or not, but to me, it looks pretty legitimate! The photo was taken by guy known as Smealum, who claimed to be a hacker. d:

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
    Years
    Are there any special places where you can find the legend birds i know after 10 flees you go to the den but how do you find those places

Naxus_Darkstar

Team Warlock!!!!
    Years
    IV Breeding question:
    I have two pokemon, both with 31 HP/X atk/X Def/31 Spa/31 Spd/31 Spe
    I have the female holding the Everstone to pass down the nature, and the male holding the destiny knot so they pass down IVs.

With this setup, it's possible for the offspring to eventually get 31 IVs in Defense or Attack in addition to keeping the 31s in HP, Spa, Spd, Spe; would I be correct in this statement?

And the idea would be to replace on of the parents with one of these offspring with 5 perfect IVs to keep increasing the chances towards getting 6 perfect ones, correct?

Thanks for your help guys!

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2013
    As far as im concerned, i just post here and wait for someone to reply. past this sentence is all copy from my first thread (ever) which i shouldve actually posted here after the kind mod Cirno redirected me. anyway, I Have completely finished the main story of pokemon y, and im wonder about 2 things. One, when u upgrade the mega ring, what does it do. i accidentally skipped a speech bubble when sycamore was telling me what it does, and now im completely clueless. All i know is that i think it helps u find megs stones or something like that. the second thing is i beat the game, finished looker missions, and dont currently care about "catching them all." I got the pokeradar, and know about chaining for shineys (soooooo frustrating). Oh, and i dont care about the battle mansion type things either. i also got all the legendaries besides my bird, Articuno, including the Zygarde or whatever. (which is even more frustrating than shineys). Id also appreciate small easter eggs, not ones like the ghost girl in luminois city. sooo, if i came out rude, i didnt intend to. thanks!

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
    Does any one use Game Chat? The option is only available to friends, but it is unselectable most of the time. Is is text chat or Voice chat? Why is it unavailable most of the time? How do you turn the option on or off?

Years
    Hi, so my folks got a new internet router and I tried to reconnect to the internet on Pokemon X but it keeps saying it can't connect to the router even though the 3DS itself is connected. Can anyone tell me what the problem might be? Thanks

EDIT: Nevermind, got it working again. Turns out it was set on the wrong thing.

Last edited:

Rabski_Melt

There can only be one.
    Years
    AdrianD, its random. But it happened to me several times on the same route. I dont think you can chase them??

I think my question got lost so

I am breeding a froakie and an octillery to give froakie ice beam. And the move isnt passed down. Why would that be? Froakie can learn it as a tm so shouldnt it be passed?

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
    AdrianD, its random. But it happened to me several times on the same route. I dont think you can chase them??

I think my question got lost so

I am breeding a froakie and an octillery to give froakie ice beam. And the move isnt passed down. Why would that be? Froakie can learn it as a tm so shouldnt it be passed?

Perhaps other moves are taking Priority. Delete any other moves Frokie is learning from the parents. OR, you can just get the TM from a certain Someone later in the game.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Can the ability capsule be used only once like gems, berries, and healing items?

Yes, the Ability Capsule can only be used once.

apperantly a ice punch weavile is illegal atm because to obtain one is you need to cross breed hitmonchan to a bunuery and then to a sneasel
    but bunuery is not allowed atm?
    Or you can just have Smeargle Sketch Ice Punch... Like I said before, Sneasel and Weavile gained Icicle Crash as an egg move, which is EASIER to obtain. You just breed a female Sneasel/Weavile with a male Beartic that knows the move.

Years
    Using MM is it easier to get a box full of eggs and hatch them all at once or get 5 then hatch them then get another 5 and so on? also where can I get a meowth/Persian?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Using MM is it easier to get a box full of eggs and hatch them all at once or get 5 then hatch them then get another 5 and so on? also where can I get a meowth/Persian?

You can't get Meowth/Persian in-game, sadly. Wait till Poke Transfer. It's impossible to hatch eggs from the PC, so you'll have to hatch 5 at a time, with the last slot filled in by a Flame Body/Magma Armor Pokemon.

Years
    no I know I can't hatch from the box... what I meant was would it be easier to fill a box up with eggs then take 5 and hatch then go back to the box switch them out with eggs and so on and so forth, or MAKE the 5 eggs hatch them then MAKE 5 more and on it goes? Oh and thanks for your answer to the other question...

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    no I know I can't hatch from the box... what I meant was would it be easier to fill a box up with eggs then take 5 and hatch then go back to the box switch them out with eggs and so on and so forth, or MAKE the 5 eggs hatch them then MAKE 5 more and on it goes? Oh and thanks for your answer to the other question...
    I'd say the second option is more time-efficient.

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
    Years
    And Poison gets no help at all, koff~

Belch? Belch!? That's it? That's all we get? Dragalge is cool and all but it's as if it was an after thought. What about these moves:

Acid Rain
    5/5 PP
    Deals damage to all non-Poison types for 5 turns. Ups Poison Pokemon Defense and Special Defense. Can be extended with foul rock.
    (Whatever that thing is, it's got a wonderful defense mechanism! You dare not kill it.)

Toxic Shutter
    10/10 PP
    Physical: Power 55 Accuracy 95
    The user flips about spreading poisonous substances. Deals damage to all adjacent Pokemon with a %50 chance to badly poison.

Vile
    15/15 PP (or 10/10)
    Special: Power 90 Accuracy 90
    The user fires a cannon of special Poison at the foe, causing undesirable effects. . .
    Such as Poison, Paralysis, Burns, Frost. Or alternatively, it would have a %40 of lowering a random stat of the opposing Pokemon.

Grass? Pssh, koffi~

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2013
    Is the Torchic you get from the event classed as coming from your own country or another? Which country is it classed as coming from?

Marionz

New to 6th Gen
    Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2013
    what are the implications of deleting my save game aside from starting at the beginning?

-does my game sync ID change?
    -how about my friend list?
    -more implications?

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    what are the implications of deleting my save game aside from starting at the beginning?

-does my game sync ID change?
    -how about my friend list?
    -more implications?

Yes the Game Sync ID will change.
    Your Friendlist will remain the same, as long as you don't delete each other.
    Note: Your friends will not appear immediately on your new save file, they will appear once they are online in PSS.
    Your previous records like winning and losing count will be reset, PokeMiles will not be carried over to the new save file and so as your other achievements like Medals and other Global Link related stuff.

Is the Torchic you get from the event classed as coming from your own country or another? Which country is it classed as coming from?

I believe It is generated by your language preference -- the language that you selected before creating a save file and not cartridge itself. If you are playing Japanese from your US cartridge, I believe your Torchic will be Japanese. {:3}

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Does any one use Game Chat? The option is only available to friends, but it is unselectable most of the time. Is is text chat or Voice chat? Why is it unavailable most of the time? How do you turn the option on or off?

It's voice chat. I've used it once, and definitely loved it! I was quite surprise how clear the voice sounded; it felt as if you were talking to the person live, face-to-face. (: You must have a good network connection for this to work, though. If you don't, then you may end up facing some issues. To activate this feature, simply enter your PIN code on PSS. When you're done, you should be able to send people chat requests. If they accept, then the chat will be initiated immediately. I'm a big fan Game Chat, personally. When you're trading with someone, it makes the process a lot easier. Wish they had introduced this feature back at generation five, haha. Oh well; better late than never, right? Game Chat seems to a bit underutilized right now, but once people start to become more aware of it, I'm sure the usage will increase.

Reactions: Sun

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years

I have already answered this on your profile, but I'll answer it here as well for anyone else who might want to know.

The game is based of the region of your game. It has been the same for all events. For example, for events that only Japan has had for WiFi, cannot be gotten through the events. You have to trade it.

Reactions: Sun
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back