• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
  • Wow man...thanks for that one :) :(, thats a load though. So the only way to get froakie to learn ice beam is with a tm? There is only one tm ice beam per game though right?

Yes. You get one from Wulfric after you beat him. Don't worry, just like in Gen V, TMs are reusable.

Reactions: Sun

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    If I add someone's FC will their Friend Safari be added even if they don't add my FC?

Years
  • If I add someone's FC will their Friend Safari be added even if they don't add my FC?
    They have to add your FC as well in order for the Friend Safari to be opened to you.

Anyone have trouble with using Gamechat? It seems that everytime I try to enable it, it just ends up stopping the trade/battle that I agreed to.

Reactions: Sun

Rabski_Melt

There can only be one.
    Years
  • Question about the Destiny Knot. Is the idea that you get a perfect IV ditto and then just go to town? Its an appealing idea to me. I caught a shiny yanma from a hord, and was thinking if i could trade that for a perfect iv ditto.

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2016
    im having a bit of a problem, Im trying to get Substiute TM from the npc in Anister but she keeps telling me to come back to marrow at a differnt time. Iv been trying this for a week now.... Iv only ever got the Flamthrower Tm from her.. is there sertin times i need to talk to her?
    I didnt have this problem on my Y version so im kinda confused.

Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2014
    A few quick questions:

1. I raise most of my Pokémon to level 100 for competitive play. Is it worth it now with normal rules? Since you can actually fight 6 on 6 and everyone is automatically defaulted to level 50, if your pokemon is ev maxed out, is there any point to wasting a few hours getting them to l100?

2. Does your substitute carry over with Baton Pass?

3. What's the best way to counter the move Destiny Bond?

Rabski_Melt

There can only be one.
    Years
  • im having a bit of a problem, Im trying to get Substiute TM from the npc in Anister but she keeps telling me to come back to marrow at a differnt time. Iv been trying this for a week now.... Iv only ever got the Flamthrower Tm from her.. is there sertin times i need to talk to her?
    I didnt have this problem on my Y version so im kinda confused.

She told me the same thing, i just tried to go at a different time, not just another day. If you whent the first time during the morning block, try going the next day at the evening block.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Is it safe to wonder trade now?How low are the chances of getting a wonder egg?

You meant to say the Bad Egg, right?
    There is no certain percentage...
    For in-game trade I suggest you to go for GTS and stop doing Wonder Trade until the problem is solved.
    You can also trade with other members here on PC.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    A few quick questions:

1. I raise most of my Pokémon to level 100 for competitive play. Is it worth it now with normal rules? Since you can actually fight 6 on 6 and everyone is automatically defaulted to level 50, if your pokemon is ev maxed out, is there any point to wasting a few hours getting them to l100?

2. Does your substitute carry over with Baton Pass?

3. What's the best way to counter the move Destiny Bond?

You don't have to, but it's totally up to you! If it was me, then I definitely would. I mean, why not? Once you're done with getting them to level one-hundred, you wouldn't have to train them any longer, so, yeah.

Yes, Substitute does get passed down with Baton Pass. (: Be careful, though; while you're moving it over to another Pokémon, the opponent may attack you and break the Substitute.

Only way to counter Destiny Bond would be by taking down your via status effects, such as poison and burn. For example, if the opponent's burned and at a very low health and manages to use Destiny Bond, and you use a move like Protect to stall them, they will immediately be fainted the next turn—cancelling the Destiny Bond effect.

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2014
    Anyone else having problems getting Aggronite/Tyranitarite??

I have Pokemon Y. I beat the Elite 4, battled my rival, talked to Sycamore, touched the rock, got my mega ring upgraded, waited till 8:05 p.m. and still cannot get Aggronite!!!! What am I doing wrong. I read that messing with your 3DS clock prevents timed things from happening in Pokemon for 24 hours, but I changed my clock 2 days ago for daylight savings time. So what could be the reason??

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I have Pokemon Y. I beat the Elite 4, battled my rival, talked to Sycamore, touched the rock, got my mega ring upgraded, waited till 8:05 p.m. and still cannot get Aggronite!!!! What am I doing wrong. I read that messing with your 3DS clock prevents timed things from happening in Pokemon for 24 hours, but I changed my clock 2 days ago for daylight savings time. So what could be the reason??

That's the one in the gym right? Do you know exactly where to find it?

Natsu Dragneel

Fire Dragon Slayer
    Years
  • how do i get the comet shard from the old man on anistar? i already stored my lvl 1 tyrunt 2 weeks ago and he still havent give my pokemon back with the shard

Ebu

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2013
    Hey! I just started here on this forum so I don't have any profile yet but what I want to ask is that is a Goodra with nature that lowers Sp. Def. and raises Speed too bad to use, when I couldn't find any better? I like to battle with my friends so a good Pokemon is always better! I'd like to know if there's too much difference and is it still worth it to evolve it and train it? .... Oh, and it's a shiny. ;)

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Hey! I just started here on this forum so I don't have any profile yet but what I want to ask is that is a Goodra with nature that lowers Sp. Def. and raises Speed too bad to use, when I couldn't find any better? I like to battle with my friends so a good Pokemon is always better! I'd like to know if there's too much difference and is it still worth it to evolve it and train it? .... Oh, and it's a shiny. ;)

just keep that Shiny Goodra as a collection or bragging use hen! {XD}
    A recommended Special offensive Goodra nature is Modest and Timid, while Calm or Sassy for a defensive one. :)

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    how do i get the comet shard from the old man on anistar? i already stored my lvl 1 tyrunt 2 weeks ago and he still havent give my pokemon back with the shard

Hmm… I'm not sure, exactly. o: Have you beaten the Elite Four yet? If not, then you should. Before defeating the Elite Four, I gave a Pikachu to him. When I was done, I returned to his house for a visit. Didn't find him, though; there was only a Poké Ball left on the desk. It contained the Pikachu I had given him earlier, and it was holding Comet Shard. If you beat Pokémon League, maybe the same will happen to you? If you've defeated them once already, then try again.

Caiustheblack

Breeder for the sake of it.
    Years
  • Hey! I just started here on this forum so I don't have any profile yet but what I want to ask is that is a Goodra with nature that lowers Sp. Def. and raises Speed too bad to use, when I couldn't find any better? I like to battle with my friends so a good Pokemon is always better! I'd like to know if there's too much difference and is it still worth it to evolve it and train it? .... Oh, and it's a shiny. ;)
    I had a shiny Sliggoo with the same thrash nature (and bad ivs)... i traded it over to the GTS for a bad Zapdos :) I am now happy with my calm Gooey goodra

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back