• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2014
    How do we unlock new hair styles and colours? I've seen a couple of trainers having ginger pigtails (and those weren't NPC pictures).

I would also like to know! I've seen a lot of trainers with all kinds of different costumes and outfits too I wish I could figure out how to unlock.

Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2014
    Can someone tell me how one gets the Jaw Fossil? And where does one go to get this fossil revived? Comment on my profile pls. It would be a huge help. Thanks ;)

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • Can someone tell me how one gets the Jaw Fossil? And where does one go to get this fossil revived? Comment on my profile pls. It would be a huge help. Thanks ;)

After your first badge, pretty much just follow the story and then you're forced to choose between the Sail and Jaw fossils.

I think after the game you can rock smash in Glittering Cave to find all of the fossils though.

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    Espeon - Psybeam?

I caught a Modest Eevee at level 20 and went out of my way to walk and raise its happiness because I knew Espeon learned Psybeam at 21 and I didn't want to miss that. When it evolved into Espeon at 21, however, it did not learn Psybeam. My Umbreon didn't learn Feint Attack at 21, either. Jolteon learned Thunder Fang at 20 immediately after evolving.

Did the level these abilities are learned change since the last generation, or am I misunderstanding how Pokemon learn abilities as they evolve? Did I need an Eevee to evolve at level 20 and already be an Espeon at level 21?

murkage

Fairy Key Chain Sweeper
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2021
    I caught a Modest Eevee at level 20 and went out of my way to walk and raise its happiness because I knew Espeon learned Psybeam at 21 and I didn't want to miss that. When it evolved into Espeon at 21, however, it did not learn Psybeam. My Umbreon didn't learn Feint Attack at 21, either. Jolteon learned Thunder Fang at 20 immediately after evolving.

Did the level these abilities are learned change since the last generation, or am I misunderstanding how Pokemon learn abilities as they evolve? Did I need an Eevee to evolve at level 20 and already be an Espeon at level 21?

Espeon does not learn Psybeam until level 36 sorry :(. here is his move pool

http://serebii.net/pokedex-bw/196.shtml

Years
  • This is more of a overall question but.. Are evolution abilities set the moment you catch or hatch a pokémon?

I think it was in atleast previous generations.. probably here aswell..

Did anyone confirm this by any chance?

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    Espeon does not learn Psybeam until level 36 sorry :(

In B2/W2 it says Espeon learns Psybeam at 21. Espeon learned Psychic at 37 in my previous X/Y game before I restarted, which is more in line with the B2/W2 values.

I'd really not rather go through almost 20 levels with my psychic Pokemon not having a psychic move. If I did indeed evolve it a level too late, would I be able to use the Pokemon Bank to send my Espeon to my other game, which has access to the Move Relearner, and then send it back? Would my Espeon get the traded exp bonus when it's back with the original trainer? I'd rather it not.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • Can Male Hidden Abilities ONLY be passed with Ditto Replacing the Girl?

I hatched 20 eggs with Two Flechlings and got nothing. (the male has gale wings)

I hatched 3... Only 3 Eggs with ditto before getting a Hidden Ability Flechling.

So, Is it only possible with ditto. Has anyone FIRST HAND passed on a Male Hidden Ability to an egg Without Ditto?

KJ

Focus!
    Years
  • how can i unlearn an HM move? im trying to trade my machoke to evolve it and it wont allow me to bc he has an HM move learned.

zombie101

Woah
    Years
  • Pokeradar herder?

Two ques.

Can a random pokemon break your chain. In shaking grass like out of nowhere.

And does anything tell you how many you changed. OR do i have to rely on my ol friend luck.

Years
  • Yes, random pokemon can break your chain, use max repels.
    Nothing tells you how many pokemon you've chained. You've gotta write it down or memorize it ._.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    If you see a random Pokemon that is not that same as the one you're chaining, you've lost the chain. If you don't hear the music, you've lost your chain.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    how can i unlearn an HM move? im trying to trade my machoke to evolve it and it wont allow me to bc he has an HM move learned.
    The move deleter is in the town starting with D, I don't remember what it's called haha, the one with the windmil.

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2014
    Super Training my Delphox?

So I sorta messed up my supertraining because I was just messing with it at first, now Delphox is maxed so I am resetting her... Im trying to figure out what kind of stats I should set her with. She has a bad nature (impish) so I do have to up her SP.ATK more, I think I am going to level out her SP.DEF and DEF, not touch her ATK... but Im not sure about HP and SPD...

Her Info
    Delphox - LVL 52
    144 HP
    85 ATK
    104 DEF
    120 SP.ATK
    112 SP.DEF
    127 SPEED

Hidden: Blaze

Any suggestions on what I should do? I already gave her a SP.ATK bag to up her SP.ATK some.

Years
  • Supertraining Noibat?

I am new to the whole EV and IV training scene as i never battled online before. I recently hatched a noibat and supertrained it to the point where i maxed out the sp atk and sp def because the judger in kiloude city said that a low sp def would leave me high and dry in battle and that its sp atk had potential. After doing this i trained my pokemon to about level 35 to find it had low stats except for the sp atk and sp def. Did i do the supertraining right?
    Any advice?
    I'm thinking about using a reset bag.

http://imgur.com/a/jIswC

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    @Dizzie: It depends what kind of battler you want it to be. What's your moveset?

I'd personally max out Sp.A and Speed, with the rest going to Sp.D. You probably aren't going to need to use Atk all that much.

@Mike: The point is to max out the stats you're going to utilize. So for Noibat, that uses mostly Special attacks, your Atk stat won't matter.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back