• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Just a question, is the 3 birds you run into in the same spot the first time you run into them? The only reason I ask this is cause I played both X and Y and ran into my birds in the same spot on both games.

Hold on—which birds are you talking about, exactly? If it's Zapdos, Articuno, and Moltres, then no, you don't encounter them on the same spot the first time; the first time you encounter them, it should be in a completely random spot, just like the way how you encountered Raikou, Suicune, and Entei in G/S/C and Latios and Latias in R/S/E. When you run into these birds for the eleventh time, though, they'll immediately fly to the Sea Spirts Den. That's the place where you can finally have them captured. Make sure to be prepared! :)

Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2014
    How to EV train Aegislash?

I honestly don't know how to EV train Aegislash, what do I do? Also, when do I EV train him? Do I EV train Honedge? Or Doublade? Does it matter which one I train?

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2018
    How do people level their pokemon up so quick to battle online? At what level should I stop leveling up my FULLY EV TRAINED pokemon so that they're fit for online battling?

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
    Years
  • Its said the earlier the better but I dont think it matters. If you have it now as a Honedge. Id say ev train it that way, However I dk whats its base stats are so hard to determine which stats to do. It seems tho that its a Defensive poke tho

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
    Years
  • Aegislash switches from defensive mode to offensive mode depending on what move you use, so that makes it friggin' difficult to train. You have to be super careful with it because if you decide to use a defensive set, Taunt can shut you down (your opponent will have trouble doing damage but that doesn't matter if you can't do squat back) but if you decide to go full offensive, it's frail as hell. Ultimately it depends on what you want your Aegislash to do.

You can train Pokemon at any time you wish. You have to be aware though that if your Pokemon is gaining experience, it's also gaining EVs. You'll have to make sure you're battling specific Pokemon to get exactly the EVs you want. If your Pokemon already have EVs from derping around, you'll need to get those EVs reset either with EV reducing berries or with a Reset Bag.

Years
  • I just got a charmander over WT that has "SPA" on its status screen in the top left-hand corner...what does it mean?

nvm...found another with "JPN"...it makes more sense now >.<

Last edited:

gionell

Explorer of legends
    Years
  • I just got a charmander over WT that has "SPA" on its status screen in the top left-hand corner...what does it mean?

nvm...found another with "JPN"...it makes more sense now >.<

It means that the pokemon is from Spain, the same goes for GER for germany and JAP for japan. :)

FC: 3738-0585-5355 PM your friend code if you wish to trade or safari.

Years
  • Where is your rival post-game?

After reading pretty much everywhere that you'll fight your rival post-game in Kiloude City, but I've been everywhere there and have yet to find her, am I supposed to do something before Serena turns up in Kiloude City?

§1

Rocket grunt
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2022
    are the pokeradar patterns the same as they were in d/p?

§1

Rocket grunt
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2022
    I don't understand Winding Woods. What do? :(

some of the exits will loop (though, i think this might just be at the area right before you reach the pokemon village), so make sure you aren't going in circles.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Hey guys got another question. Sorry if it has been asked, but not going through 50 pages.

The Stone place in Lumiose City where you can buy evolution stones, do they ever sell other stones? I am trying to finish the dex, but I need so so many stones than what is available in the game that I have found. I have only seen the place in Lumious sell Leaf,Water, and Fire Stones. Is there a way to unlock more so I can buy?

Red Viper

Pokémon Collector
    Years
  • Hey guys got another question. Sorry if it has been asked, but not going through 50 pages.

The Stone place in Lumiose City where you can buy evolution stones, do they ever sell other stones? I am trying to finish the dex, but I need so so many stones than what is available in the game that I have found. I have only seen the place in Lumious sell Leaf,Water, and Fire Stones. Is there a way to unlock more so I can buy?
    No... only those three. You can get the other stones when doing Secret Super Training. The old guy in the store in the upper left corner does sell Mega Stones for the Gen 1 starters.

Years
  • Some Questions about Pokemon X and Y

I don't own a 3Ds or ethier version but I will be getting them.

Question 1:Is the Global Trade (not gts) thing still around? Like how you could show eachother pokemon then trade.
    Question 2: What is the diffrence between 3DsFriendcode and X and Y friend code, and what do they do in the game?
    Question 3: How does Friend Safari work?

(Btw if anyone else has any Questions, Pm/Vm me and I will edit them in to this post and hopefully someone else will awnser)

Also, I didn't post these in the Q&A because it's for Quick awnsers, I have muliltiple Questions so its not that quick for me, that and I didn't see it. Dx lol) Please remove this thread tho if it is a problem.

Last edited:

Yuuto

Community Helper~
    Years
  • 1. Yes. Seems to be the same as always.
    EDIT: Well, actually, re-read your question. Thought you meant GTS for a second, my fault. It's around but not the same as always. You can find people from around the world, ask them for a trade, and show them any Pokemon you have like before. Seems the main difference other than how you get there is that you can only show one at a time instead of three like before.

2. Nothing really. The 3DS has a code itself now for all games played on that system. You add people outside of the game with their code (3DS and X/Y are the same thing) and they add you then you're considered friends.

3. The Friend Safari is a new area you can reach after you beat the game. Every friend code is a different area with 3 Pokemon all of a certain type. Again, this depends on the person's friend code. You can get a lot of Pokemon otherwise not catchable, they sometimes have their hidden abilities, and apparently the chance of finding shinies is higher there too. Note that if the friend you add hasn't visited the Friend Safari yet or you two have not both been online at the same time at least once, you'll only be able to find 2 of the possible Pokemon in their safari.

Hope I helped~

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back