• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2018
    Would this Ditto be considered good enough for breeding?

Spoiler:

Yes. It has 3 Perfect IVs. I would also suggest finding dittos that math the other stats so you can get 5 IVs (If that's even possible in this game).

ramibas299

GOTTA CATCH EM' ALL!!
    Years
  • Yes. It has 3 Perfect IVs. I would also suggest finding dittos that math the other stats so you can get 5 IVs (If that's even possible in this game).

Don't IV's go into random stats on the baby?
    They won't be exactly the same as my Ditto, right?

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Would this Ditto be considered good enough for breeding?

Spoiler:
    What is that image from? I haven't seen an IV calculator like that before.

Yes. It has 3 Perfect IVs. I would also suggest finding dittos that math the other stats so you can get 5 IVs (If that's even possible in this game).

Don't IV's go into random stats on the baby?
    They won't be exactly the same as my Ditto, right?

Its possible to transfer 5 IVs from both parents with use of the Destiny Knot, though its still random. Even though you have 5 perfect IVs between the two, it could pull the father's 4 IVs in Speed and not the mother's 31 IVs in speed if I recall correctly.

ramibas299

GOTTA CATCH EM' ALL!!
    Years
  • What is that image from? I haven't seen an IV calculator like that before.

Marriand. I always used Psypokes, but it was having trouble the past year...

Its possible to transfer 5 IVs from both parents with use of the Destiny Knot, though its still random. Even though you have 5 perfect IVs between the two, it could pull the father's 4 IVs in Speed and not the mother's 31 IVs in speed if I recall correctly.

Kind of confused honestly...
    I understood that if my Ditto is holding Destiny Knot, and my Timid Charmeleon is holding an Everstone, the baby Charmander would get my Ditto's IV's and Charmeleon's Timid nature. Is it not like that?

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Kind of confused honestly...
    I understood that if my Ditto is holding Destiny Knot, and my Timid Charmeleon is holding an Everstone, the baby Charmander would get my Ditto's IV's and Charmeleon's Timid nature. Is it not like that?

No it doesn't work that way. Destiny Knot pulls 5 IVs total from both parents. You have a 5 in 12 chance of passing IVs on.

Serebii said:
    Item page: When this item is held by a Pokémon, if the holder becomes Infatuated, the Pokémon it is attracted to also becomes Infatuated.
    As of Pokémon X & Y, this item, when attached to a Pokémon while breeding, will cause the baby Pokémon to inherit 5 IVs from its parents

Breeding Mechanic Page: To aid in this further, within Pokémon X & Y, if you make one of the two Pokémon hold the Destiny Knot item, then the Pokémon will inherit 5 IVs from the parents, chosen at random.

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2013
    my riolu wont evolve?
    it has max affection
    and ive been leveling him up

Ialso already went to the lady in some city and she said me and my pokemon are very connected? what to do D:?

ramibas299

GOTTA CATCH EM' ALL!!
    Years
  • No it doesn't work that way. Destiny Knot pulls 5 IVs total from both parents. You have a 5 in 12 chance of passing IVs on.

Well that sucks... It means I have to get a good Charmeleon too ._.

my riolu wont evolve?
    it has max affection
    and ive been leveling him up

Ialso already went to the lady in some city and she said me and my pokemon are very connected? what to do D:?

I don't know where you live in the world, but Riolu only evolves at daytime. If it's not daytime where you live, that's your answer.

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2013
    Well that sucks... It means I have to get a good Charmeleon too ._.

I don't know where you live in the world, but Riolu only evolves at daytime. If it's not daytime where you live, that's your answer.

its 8:15 here atm i just leveled up my riolu again and still no evolve :/
    can i level it up while inside a cave or what? argh so frustrating

Years
  • Hey I have a question:
    How can I reset a pokemon EVs? I do not know how to get reset bags in Super Training. Is there berries that can do the job also? If so how?

If possible please PM me explaining if it is a lot.

Last edited:

hiff8

Gotta Derp em all
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2015
    And pokemon only lay one egg at a time? So that means you constantly have to be checking?

Whats the average length of time if you had to guess for most to produce an egg?

I've hatched one shiny on my long amount of time on this poke-earth, and electross (who looks retarded this gen) and it took me 3 days, i don't recommend it unless you're hardcore.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • After you've beaten the E4 and have battled your Rival in Kilode (friend Safari place) City (one day I swear I will learn to spell the cities right.) She tells you Professor Sycamore is looking for you at Ainstar (the place with the weird sundial.) When you go to meet him he has you touch the sundial and due to your being in the presence of the Legendary Pokemon your Mega Ring upgrades to be able to search for Mega Stones.

I already fought him there, so I assume he already told me that and I wasn't paying attention or forgot. I went to Anistar and I don't see the professor anywhere. Did I not look in the right place? :( I went right to the sundial.

Sorry I keep asking about this btw. I just wanna get some of these Mega Stones because it's bothering me that I don't have many of them and I've got a perfectionist attitude about these, lol.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2015
    Another question here, with the legendary birds how will you know when it goes to the Sea Spirit Den?

I seen in many places it says after you meet one of the legendary birds at least 9-10 times. It will go there.

You can also just check in the Pokedex of its current location.

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
    Years
  • I seen in many places it says after you meet one of the legendary birds at least 9-10 times. It will go there.

You can also just check in the Pokedex of its current location.

I heard that also but I am on a route looking for abras and have ran into it many times, I'm wondering if there is some sign (or some thing) as to when it will go there?

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2014
    Draco Meteor

I'm trying to learn Draco Meteor on my lv.61 Noivern. I maxed it's affection, fullness and enjoyment, but it still tells me that I need to bond with it. Can anyone help me out with this? I'm a pokenub xD.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back