• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2014
    pokemon not in x or y

can all the unobtainable pokemon in Y be caught all in 1 other game like black?

So i could buy black,catch the missing pokemon and trade them over without buying anymore games

(Just interested to know)

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Serebii has a full list on what's not available.

Black/White/Black 2/White 2 can't trade with X/Y, but the Pokemon in Gen V games can be transferred to Gen VI with Poke Bank/Poke Transfer, which aren't available till December. Note that Poke Bank needs you to pay them $5 a year to use.

Years
  • can all the unobtainable pokemon in Y be caught all in 1 other game like black?

So i could buy black,catch the missing pokemon and trade them over without buying anymore games

(Just interested to know)

You'd probably be missing the events like keldeo, genesect, meloetta, manaphy, darkrai, argues, mew, celebi
    And the box art legendarys like giratina, palkia, kyogre,groudon, rayquaza
    It'll be tough to get them traded over to a black or white version but for the most part you should be able to trade and catch and get a good bit... I would go with black 2 or white 2 though because per elite 4 in bw is only unova pokemon
    And like gallade said: you still gonna have to use the bank to transfer homie

James

Make it double!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2017
    From what i understand, the Pokemon Bank will only be available to PokeTransfer pokemon from Black/White and Black/White 2. which would lead me to believe that all the pokemon that are missing in the National Pokedex on X/Y are able to be obtained some how in those games weather its from in the game or the Global Trade.

Moist

other in a month When you,
    Years
  • Hi, I have a question.

I currently have a ditto with perfect iv's holding a destiny knot, breeding with a torchic with x/31/31/x/31/31 iv's. The torchic is holding an everstone. My ditto has perfect HP and Defense iv's. My question is, will it be possible to get a 31/31/31/x/31/31 iv torchic from this?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2021
    Hi, I have a question.

I currently have a ditto with perfect iv's holding a destiny knot, breeding with a torchic with x/31/31/x/31/31 iv's. The torchic is holding an everstone. My ditto has perfect HP and Defense iv's. My question is, will it be possible to get a 31/31/31/x/31/31 iv torchic from this?

Yes, it's possible, although it might take a while. Be sure to replace the Ditto with a Female (Speed boost, I'm assuming?) Torchic as soon as you get one with the same or better IVs as the Ditto. Eggs should appear more quickly then. I think the chance of getting a hidden ability is also increased if both parents have the HA, but I could be wrong with that.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
  • Does anyone know what Goodra's confirmed base stats are? Smogon and Serebii are contradicting each other.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Does breeding a shiny pokemon increase the likelihood of hatching a shiny?

In previous games, parents being shiny did not raise the chances of its offspring being a shiny. Not sure if this is true for Pokémon X and Y, but it most likely is. d: If you'd really like to hatch shinies, why not try the Masuda method?

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Does anyone know what Goodra's confirmed base stats are? Smogon and Serebii are contradicting each other.

Serebii and Bulbapedia both have the same stats

90/100/70/110/150/80

Smogon's
    80/100/70/115/140/80

Smogon's totals out to less than 600 but is recognized as a Pseudo Legendary Pokemon. I think that the people on Smogon's calculations are simply wrong for the base stat. I can't see two or more sites having the same number while a third not having the same numbers.

I don't think any of the Gen 6 stats are confirmed 100% since we cannot completely hack the games and no one has claimed to have been able to completely hack it. Only one person has hacked it to find images as far as I know, but he hasn't done anything else and someone else found out the data packets file.

We really don't have much else to go on. My Goodra's stats fall into the same range provided by Serebii so I'd say they have the correct (closest) base stats.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Does breeding a shiny pokemon increase the likelihood of hatching a shiny?

No. The chance of you hatching a shiny Pokemon from a shiny parent is the same as if you were searching for one in the wild outside of Poke Radar chaining and chain fishing.

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    Missing Something?

So, I've taken to online battling, and I'm convinced there's something I'm just not understanding.

I always ALWAYS seem to lose out in some way. And it's not like I'm using undertrained pokemon. My Perfect Attack IV and EV Mega Mawile is hitting pokemon with no spectacular defensive abilities for relatively small portions of their health. A Gliscor was hit by my Mega Mawiles Sucker Punch for only about 1/3rd of his health in damage. No defensive ability or item (It was a Poison Heal + Toxic Orb combo), and I could barely nick the guy.

This seems to be fairly consistent, it's not just Mega Mawile, it's a lot of my pokemon just not doing the kind of damage it seems they should. I just can't keep up, and I feel like there's something I simply don't understand.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Gliscor is a very tough Pokémon. Every time I go up against one, I always have a hard time defeating it. If their defensive EVs are maximized, then they become even more difficult. Also, when you're battling online, don't expect your Pokémon to knock out any of your opponents with just a single hit. Well, unless, of course, you have your stats boosted with moves like Swords Dance, Calm Mind, and Nasty Plot. d: In-game, you were able to take down your foes pretty easily, as they aren't real people. On multiplayer, though, that's a totally different story.

Years
  • Type coverage
    Wealth support
    Dances
    Double dances
    Life orb
    Substitute boost & sweep
    I mean there is alot of different things but its very difficult to win with a unique strategy
    Its best to make slight modifications to what's tried and true

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    I do understand the relative power levels. But I find myself taking a lot more damage than I dish out, even when it seems things should be the other way around.

Perhaps I'm just being paranoid, but it seems far more common than it should for enemies to deal 4x the damage to my pokemon that I do to them, when doing neutral damage. *shrug* It could just be some bad luck, or perhaps too much generalization in my stats. If that Gliscor was HP/Def trained, I can see how it would do as well as it did.

Well, maybe less whining, more team sharing, and you can give me some ideas. These guys are all 5 IV, or something close to it (My Vaporeon is Outstanding with only 1 perfect IV), and full EVs that go along with the strategy.

This is my first attempt at competitive PvP pokemon, so I basically know jack-squat.

Mawile. Always Mega'ed when it enters combat. Play Rough, Iron Head, Sucker Punch and Sword Dance. Sword Dance is mostly used if I suspect a protect or a swap to a type that is resistant.

Vaporeon. Muddy Water, Ice Beam, Double Team and Rest. If I can get away with it, I stack Double Team, and sleep dodge. Good chance I can sweep from there.

Greninja with Protean. Basically, just try to win the type game with this guy. Night Slash and Hydro Pump are the ideal attacks, with Dig and Aerial Ace in there for other types.

Gardevoire. A simple blaster, Moonblast, Psychic, Thunderbolt and Confuse Ray.

Garchomp w/ Sand Veil. Carries Sandstorm, usually used when I think I won't be able to get a good attack in (Funnily enough, this guy tends to provoke swaps to flying type :D), Dragon Tail for forcing swaps. Earthquake and Iron Head for attacks.

Gengar. Another blaster, and alternate option for a Mega Stone. Shadow Ball and Sludge Bomb for basic attacks, Energy Ball for type diversity, and Confuse Ray.

Two recently considered options...

Cloyster with Skill Link. Give it Toxic and Regular Spikes. Set it out against a pokemon ideally with attack power. Whirlpool to keep it in, litter the ground with spikes. If it survives the spiking, or if the target is weak to Ice, then Icicle Spear for high damage.

Staraptor with Reckless. Brave Bird for lotsa damage. Whirlwind for forcing, and Endeavor to bring others down to it's level just before it dies. No idea what I'd use for the last ability slot.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    How do you evolve sligoo?
    Also what is the best way to get a shiny houndour/ eevee
    I don't want to get it from a trade

You have to level Sligoo up in an area where it rains. Not rain dance, you have to fly to a town or route that it is currently raining in and level it up. I think Level 50 is the minimum level to evolve.

There is no best way to get a shiny really. They all take a pretty high degree of luck. Just walk around the areas they spawn at until a Shiny appears. There is a 1 in 4096 chance that it'll be shiny. If that's not to your liking, get a Foreign father, catch a Houndour/Eevee and breed it with the out of country daddy. Using the Matsuda Method is supposed to give about half, maybe 1/3rd better chance of shiny babies.

Third way is still through the 1/4000 chance, Friend Safaris. With only 2 or 3 Pokemon available in the area it usually appears as if they are easier to catch in this area.

If you don't like those options, you have to learn to Radar Chain. Which can be difficult depending on who you are. For someone like me, Radar Chaining is impossible. My luck is horrible and I almost always lose the chain before getting close to 40.

These are the only ways without mandatory trading for the specific Shiny Pokemon.

Years
  • i'm sorry if this question has already been answered!
    but i was just wondering what the difference was between "outstanding" and "superior" from the judge in kiloude city.

for example, i've breed two eevees

one eevee is "outstanding overall, with its strongest iv being in attack, with special attack being equally good"
    and the other is "superior overall, with its strongest iv being in attack, but also defense, special attack, and special defense"

is outstanding better than superior? would the first eevee be better to use in battle than the second because of this?
    or would the second eevee be optimal because of the multiple ones listed?

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2015
    Say, I've got an interesting something: I've noticed that Flabébé can have different colored flowers. What I'd really like to know is, is it merely an aesthetic difference, or does it affect her performance in any way?

Damned if I know if this was already asked, I've no time to skim through over 80 pages worth of questions.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back