• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.

DracoLatch

http://www.pokecommunity.com/s
Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2022
    Where do I catch houndoor at on x? Also, what is the best ev, moves, nature and stats for stararaptar, lucario ( with blaze kick due to breed ), and Ninetails?

Years
  • Can someone tell me which and where can I find a Pokemon that give the highest amount of effort points for attack in Pokmon Y?

Thank you.

P.S What is the highest value of attack a Pokemon can have?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Where do I catch houndoor at on x? Also, what is the best ev, moves, nature and stats for stararaptar, lucario ( with blaze kick due to breed ), and Ninetails?
    Houndour is in Route 10.

Staraptor:
    -Return/Double-Edge
    -Brave Bird
    -Close Combat
    -U-turn/Quick Attack
    Nature: Adamant/Jolly
    EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
    Item: Choice Band/CHoice Scarf/Life Orb

Lucario doesn't need Blaze Kick at all:
    -Swords Dance
    -Close Combat
    -Extreme Speed/Bullet Punch
    -Earthquake/Crunch
    Nature: Jolly/Adamant
    EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
    Item: Life Orb/Lucarionite

or
    -Nasty Plot
    -Aura Sphere/Vacuum Wave
    -Flash Cannon
    -Shadow Ball/Dark Pulse
    Nature: Timid/Modest
    EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe
    Item: Lucarionite

Ninetales is best off in dedicated Sun teams, IMO:
    -Rest
    -Sleep Talk
    -Flamethrower
    -Roar/Will-o-Wisp
    Nature: Calm
    EVs: 248 HP/228 SDef/32 Spe
    Item: Heat Rock
    Ability: Drought

or
    -Flamethrower
    -Will-o-Wisp
    -Protect
    -Roar
    Nature: Calm
    EVs: 248 HP/228 SDef/32 Spe

or
    -Sunny Day
    -Fire Blast/Flamethrower
    -Solar Beam
    -Hidden Power (Ice)/Nasty Plot
    Nature: Modest
    EVs: 4 Def/252 SAtk/252 Spe
    Can someone tell me which and where can I find a Pokemon that give the highest amount of effort points for attack in Pokmon Y?

Thank you.

P.S What is the highest value of attack a Pokemon can have?
    Weepinbell hordes in Route 19 give 2 Attack EVs each. The same applies to Trevenant hordes in Route 20.

Also Mega Heracross has 185 base Attack, giving it the highest Attack of all non-legendaries. Mega Mewtwo X has the highest Attack out of all Pokemon, at 190.

Years
  • Weepinbell hordes in Route 19 give 2 Attack EVs each. The same applies to Trevenant hordes in Route 20.

Then fighting Weepinbells will give me 4 points to attack when level up? (my Pokemon has Pokerus, that's why I say "4", and sorry, I don't completely understand how EVs works).

P.S Where can you train a high level Pokemon, let's say level 91, to get a decent exp and the EVs for maximum attack when leveling?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Then fighting Weepinbells will give me 4 points to attack when level up? (my Pokemon has Pokerus, that's why I say "4", and sorry, I don't completely understand how EVs works).

P.S Where can you train a high level Pokemon, let's say level 91, to get a decent exp and the EVs for maximum attack when leveling?

1. Yes.

2. Your best bet is in Victory Road. Rematches with your rival and Elite 4 post-game also help. I suggest you do your EV training first before level grinding, as your Pokemon may gain unwanted EVs in Victory Road and the rematches.

Moist

other in a month When you,
    Years
  • I'm breeding Ralts for Perfect Iv's (I want 31/x/31/31/31/x or 31/x/31/31/31/31). I am currently breeding a Ralts with a perfect iv in Sp Atk, holding an everstone, with a ditto with perfect iv's in Sp Def and something else. I have given my ditto a Power Bracer (The one that affects Sp. Def) but the resulting offspring have perfect iv's in Sp Atk and.... Atk? What is going on here?

Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2014
    Hey! Help for a Noob on starters, urgent getting game very soon!

Hi guys.

I'm really new so I wanted to get x and y to get into the world of pokemon, and I plan to get Fenniken as a starter. I also really want Chamander because charizard x is SUPER cool. But I fear I will have a unbalanced team. :(

So I think I'll get Squirtle (I just don't like Blatoise AS much...) I'm so torn!

Help me guys?

Also if you can, opinions of this list of pokemon I like? Are they any good?

Glaceon
    Raichu
    Lapras
    Litwick
    Beatify or Vivillon
    Espeon

Outlier

Can someone explain in laymen's terms how the safari zone works? I read up on it on serebii but I'm still having difficulty understanding exactly what it is and how it differs from the friend safari.

Can it be used without Wifi? How many Pokemon appear in it? Are the Pokemon that appear in it preset like White Forest was? Do the Pokemon ever change or is it always going to be the same ones?

I really want a Bulbasaur and a Froakie with the protean ability lol

Moist

Years
  • Can someone explain in laymen's terms how the safari zone works? I read up on it on serebii but I'm still having difficulty understanding exactly what it is and how it differs from the friend safari.

Can it be used without Wifi? How many Pokemon appear in it? Are the Pokemon that appear in it preset like White Forest was? Do the Pokemon ever change or is it always going to be the same ones?

I really want a Bulbasaur and a Froakie with the protean ability lol

There is no Safari Zone in X/Y...

Outlier

Oh, Serebii has something listed on their site as "The Zone", I guess that means the Friend Safari is the Safari Zone.

Moist

Years
  • Hi guys.

I'm really new so I wanted to get x and y to get into the world of pokemon, and I plan to get Fenniken as a starter. I also really want Chamander because charizard x is SUPER cool. But I fear I will have a unbalanced team. :(

So I think I'll get Squirtle (I just don't like Blatoise AS much...) I'm so torn!

Help me guys?

Glaceon
    Raichu
    Lapras
    Litwick
    Beatify or Vivillon
    Espeon

I assume by Beatify you mean Beautifly.

1. The place to evolve Eevee into Glaceon is near the final gym. I don't think you would want to go that far with an Eevee. Also, Eevee's are a rarer pokemon, but if you need one, just send me a pm.

2. Litwick is a weak pokemon. I assume you want to use it's final evolution, Chandelure.

3. I haven't had much experience with Vivillon but Wurmple/Silcoon/Beautifly can only be obtained post-game in the friend safari.

It's a decent team. If you want to find out how to evolve the pokemon (if they can), go here and find the pokemon you want to evolve.

Oh, Serebii has something listed on their site as "The Zone", I guess that means the Friend Safari is the Safari Zone.

On the X/Y page or main page?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Hi guys.

Help me guys?

Glaceon
    Raichu
    Lapras
    Litwick
    Beatify or Vivillon
    Espeon

They are okay, but if I were you, I wouldn't go with Vivillion or Beautifly. These two have extremely low stats, and are weak against fire- and flying-types, which are extremely common in online battling. Instead, you should probably go with Scizor. Scizor has extreme weakness against fire, yes, but its Attack stat is gargantuan. If you ask me, that sort of makes up for it. This Pokémon is a bit slow, but now worries—it's got access to Bullet Punch. With that move, it would always be the one to strike first. Bullet Punch is powerful enough as it is, but if Scizor has Technician ability, it becomes even stronger. d: I have a Scizor on my team at the moment, and it performs really well.

Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2014
    Naming Fennikin

So what name is better for Fennikin, Ember or Scarlet(flame)

Any other names. I am a girl BTW so I'm girly XDDDDD

Also for Glaceon. And suggestions. IF not, its gonna be named Frost or something.

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
    Years
  • P.S Where can you train a high level Pokemon, let's say level 91, to get a decent exp and the EVs for maximum attack when leveling?
    Lucky Egg + Exp Boost Lv 3 + Exp Share + Black Writ of Challenge + Audino girls @ Battle Chateau

You'll get great results from fighting level 65 Audinos. I haven't tried it myself yet, but I got quite a lot just from regular level 40 Audinos.

Other option might be the restaurants, as you'd get both exp and shrooms to sell. Not as much exp as the Audino girls, but you can repeat this over and over again + they heal your mons after each battle. Best way is to bring a sweeper and two lower levels and do rotation battles. The sweeper would defeat everyone, and the weaker mons would get lots of exp for nothing.

And the easiest one for the end, if you only need nine levels, why not use Rare Candies? You can buy them for 250 PokeMiles. If you're doing lots of trading and online battling, it shouldn't be a bother to buy them. Unless you're one of those who hate Rare Candies.

isthatyoudan

doesn't work well with others...
    Years
  • Fennikin: of yours, doesn't matter. I love those names! My ideas:
    Fennikin: Flara (like flare + a)
    Glaceon: Iceabelle (like ice + Isabelle) it shouldn't be spelled like that though!

Outlier

1. The place to evolve Eevee into Glaceon is near the final gym. I don't think you would want to go that far with an Eevee. Also, Eevee's are a rarer pokemon, but if you need one, just send me a pm.

2. Litwick is a weak pokemon. I assume you want to use it's final evolution, Chandelure.

3. I haven't had much experience with Vivillon but Wurmple/Silcoon/Beautifly can only be obtained post-game in the friend safari.

It's a decent team. If you want to find out how to evolve the pokemon (if they can), go here and find the pokemon you want to evolve.

On the X/Y page or main page?

X/Y page, on the Friend Safari page it explains the Friend Safari and The Zone in two different sections on the same page. They're apparently the same thing though which I didn't realize until you pointed out there's no Safari Zone in this game. At least not the traditional Safari Zone like I thought there was.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back