• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
  • Oh thank god you just saved me from starting a new game for the third time. So as long as I don't save after using the mystery gift I can keep using it until I get the Torchic I want?

Don't worry I got it now, wow my first event Pokemon. Now time for hours of frustrating soft resets.

As long as you save before taking the Torchic, you're good. As I said before, each Mystery Gift can only be received once per save file.

Years
  • Ultra rare juice

I have got info from Internett at it exit juice called Ultra rare juice and i whonder how to make Ultra rare juice? Whish berry it need?
    Can somebody Please help me with this one:-)

She_Delphox

Delphox used Mystical Fire!
    Years
  • Hey there, I believe to have noticed that you will need a Starf and Lansat Berry in order to create this drink.

Please note that you will ONLY obtain these berries when you get very long streaks at the Battle Maison. Therefore, you will need to have a 100 battle win streak at the Battle Maison to obtain a Lansat Berry and a 200 battle win streak or so, to obtain a Starf Berry.
    Would be neat to have those Berries, since you can pretty much grow your own "Rare Candies" ;)

It also appears that on certain days, you can buy an "Ultra Rare Juice" for $50,000 at the Juice Shoppe in Lumiose City.

Good luck with this, hope I helped ^_^

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2014
    How do I change my Pokemons hidden power type?
    My Rosetade is currently Dragon, but I need it fire/fighting to deal with Steal (Cool rhyme, no?)

My Rosetade is currently Dragon, but I need it fire/fighting to deal with Steal (Cool rhyme, no?)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2021

You can't change it, the hidden power type depends on your Pokemon's IVs which are set when you obtain a Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2021
    NOOOOOOOO!! Fine, my Roserade shall have a baby. What steps do I take for a fire/fighting hidden power?

To be honest, breeding specific hidden powers is a pain. Technician Roserade can definitely use HP fire now that the base power of that move is set to 60, but it's just so difficult to get imo.
    http://pokerealm.com/hidden-power-chart.php
    These were the combinations in 5th gen, they should work in XY too. If you don't really care about having good IVs, just breed until you get a HP fire one.
    What I would do is simply add a team member to your team that can deal with steel types. You don't necessarily have to stay in with Roserade :)

I have both versions (x and y), does that mean i have 2 different friend safari typings? And the friend code remaines the same for both right?

The FC and the Safari are 3DS specific, so I'm assuming you'd always have the same safari type when other people register your 3DS FC. Could be wrong though.

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2014
    To be honest, breeding specific hidden powers is a pain. Technician Roserade can definitely use HP fire now that the base power of that move is set to 60, but it's just so difficult to get imo.
    http://pokerealm.com/hidden-power-chart.php
    These were the combinations in 5th gen, they should work in XY too. If you don't really care about having good IVs, just breed until you get a HP fire one.
    What I would do is simply add a team member to your team that can deal with steel types. You don't necessarily have to stay in with Roserade :)

The FC and the Safari are 3DS specific, so I'm assuming you'd always have the same safari type when other people register your 3DS FC. Could be wrong though.

It's just that my last battle ended up being a Scissor VS my Roserade. I lost, but if she had HP fire tables would be turned. I'll do the breeding thing, I don't really care about IV's, I never really notice the diffrent with or without them.

Outlier

Will the special event Celebi be given to players who use the trial version of Pokebank? Or do we have to subscribe for the year?

And how do we pay for Pokebank? I only got wifi working recently so I'm not sure how downloading paid services from the Nintendo eShop works.

Last edited:
    Years
  • The Celebi will apparently be available even for those only using the trial.

It is not yet known how you pay. In the eshop, you can buy stuff with a credit card or eshop cards that can be bought in stores (or online), it could be that it simply subtracts the yearly amount from your eshop credit^^

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Ok I have used the search thingy, no luck, but can some one tell me what the judge says when it comes to a pokes IVs?

When you speak to the judge, he should be telling you what potential your Pokémon has. If it's "decent," then according to sources, your IVs should be less than or equal to ninety; if "above average," then they'd be somewhere between ninety-one and one-twenty; if he says "relatively superior," your IVs would be between one-twenty-one and one-fifty; finally, if it's "outstanding," then your IVs are above one-fifty.

Hope this helped! (:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2014
    So im doing the wonder trade challenge thing, and the team i got was

Ralts (Female thank the lord)
    Froakie
    Bagon
    Fletchling
    Venipede
    and finally an Eevee, can anyone help me on to what to evolve this eevee into?

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • and finally an Eevee, can anyone help me on to what to evolve this eevee into?
    Ignoring other team members, whoever you like the most because for ingame purposes (and especially X&Y), mostly any Pokemon will do you fine given enough training.

But for the sake of unique types in your party so you don't double up on weaknesses... Slyveon, Vaporeon, Espeon and Flareon are already covered. Leafeon and Glaceon meanwhile are not, nor are or Umbreon.

Leafeon is better with physical attacks, Glaceon has very nice special, although both lack attacks outside of their own typing, while Umbreon is more defensively minded (which doesn't matter for ingame, but it is unlike your other Pokemon for the most part). So choose from those three - again, whichever you go for will do you fine.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back