• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phangy

Master
Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2014
    When evolving Eevee into Sylveon, it says you need to max out affection, does that mean all 5 hearts? the first time i did it it only took 2 and i haven't seen anything other than maxing it out.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • When evolving Eevee into Sylveon, it says you need to max out affection, does that mean all 5 hearts? the first time i did it it only took 2 and i haven't seen anything other than maxing it out.

Eevee only needs 2 Amie hearts, a Fairy move (Baby Doll Eyes or Charm in this case), and a level up to evolve into Sylveon.

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
  • So apparently the nickname filter prevents unnicknamed Bulbasaurs from being traded on the GTS? o_O

Does this apply to Wondertrade too? I wanna breed some Bulbasaurs at some point and WT them around, will I have to Nickname them all?

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    So apparently the nickname filter prevents unnicknamed Bulbasaurs from being traded on the GTS? o_O

Does this apply to Wondertrade too? I wanna breed some Bulbasaurs at some point and WT them around, will I have to Nickname them all?

I've traded bulbasaurs both via wonder trade and posting on the gts both giving and receiving, is it a bred bulbasaur or one you got from a previos game via poke bank? the pokebank version might not, but i dunno

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I'm thinking of breeding Chimchar with a Focus Punch. Will Infernape benefits from Focus Punch in competitive level?

Focus Punch is definitely not a good move for Infernape. Go with Close Combat instead, or maybe even Mach Punch. If you want a complete moveset, then here it is:

Infernape (M) @ Focus Sash
    Trait: Blaze
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Swords Dance
    - Mach Punch / Close Combat
    - Blaze Kick
    - Acrobatics

Here's another one:

Infernape (M) @ Choice Band
    Trait: Iron Fist
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
    - U-turn
    - Mach Punch
    - Flare Blitz
    - Hidden Power [Water]

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    1. For the battle chateau, does defeating trainers make room for new trainers to appear more quickly? Or is it independent, and they disappear and reappear at their own schedule?

It's based on real time. In my experience it takes about an hour for all the trainers to be replaced, maybe less.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Focus Punch is definitely not a good move for Infernape. Go with Close Combat instead, or maybe even Mach Punch. If you want a complete moveset, then here it is:

Infernape (M) @ Focus Sash
    Trait: Blaze
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Swords Dance
    - Mach Punch / Close Combat
    - Blaze Kick
    - Acrobatics

Here's another one:

Infernape (M) @ Choice Band
    Trait: Iron Fist
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
    - U-turn
    - Mach Punch
    - Flare Blitz
    - Hidden Power [Water]
    Infernape is too frail to set up Swords Dance (and Nasty Plot) this generation. Acrobatics is terrible without Flying Gem, and Infernape is easily picked off by priority. It also needs Thunder Punch to muscle past Water Pokemon:
    -Flare Blitz
    -Close Combat
    -U-turn/Mach Punch
    -Thunder Punch
    Nature: Jolly
    EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
    Item: Choice Band
    Ability: Iron Fist

or
    -Overheat/Fire Blast
    -Close Combat
    -Thunder Punch
    -U-turn/Mach Punch/Hidden Power (Ice)
    Nature: Hasty/Naive
    EVs: 252 Atk/4 SAtk/252 Spe
    Item: Life Orb/Expert Belt
    Ability: Iron Fist

or
    -Flare Blitz/Fire Blast
    -Close Combat
    -U-turn
    -Stone Edge/Hidden Power (Ice)
    EVs: 36 Atk/220 SAtk/252 Spe
    Item: Choice Scarf

or
    -Fake Out
    -Stealth Rock
    -Overheat
    -Close Combat
    EVs: 252 Atk/4 SAtk/252 Spe
    Item: Focus Sash
    Ability: Blaze

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    So apparently the nickname filter prevents unnicknamed Bulbasaurs from being traded on the GTS? o_O

Cofagrigas is the only Pokemon that is still limited to being nicknamed to be GTS or Wonder Trade traded. I've traded and received unnicknamed Bulbasaurs from both and you can search GTS for bulbasaur and see them without nicknames.

Where did you get your Bulbasaur, does it have anything on it like move wise or item? What language is your game and system though I don't think Bulbasaur's names are filtered at all.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2014
    How do I spread pokerus to my other pokemon? Will putting the infected pokemon in the PC keep it from losing its pokerus status indefinitely?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • How do I spread pokerus to my other pokemon? Will putting the infected pokemon in the PC keep it from losing its pokerus status indefinitely?

Leaving a Pokerus-infected Pokemon in the PC will retain the virus. The only way to spread it among the team is to put the Pokemon in the team and walk/run/bike around for a bit.

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
  • Cofagrigas is the only Pokemon that is still limited to being nicknamed to be GTS or Wonder Trade traded. I've traded and received unnicknamed Bulbasaurs from both and you can search GTS for bulbasaur and see them without nicknames.

Where did you get your Bulbasaur, does it have anything on it like move wise or item? What language is your game and system though I don't think Bulbasaur's names are filtered at all.

This is only a thing I've heard on Wikis. So I can trade away unnicked Bulbasaurs? x3 Good to know!

How do I spread pokerus to my other pokemon? Will putting the infected pokemon in the PC keep it from losing its pokerus status indefinitely?

1: You need to have the infected Pokemon in your party, and any of the Pokemon you wish to infect in as well. Then you have to battle. After every battle (maybe it's every 3 battles, it's been a while) there is a chance that the pokemon in the slot next to an infected Pokemon will get infected as well.
    2: Yes

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    where can you find the move disable? I am trying to teach my gengar it but dont know where it is?

Sorry about that. To get a Gengar with Disable, you have to breed it with a Muk, one of the Duskull line, Yasmask, or Cofagrigus that knows Disable.

Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2013
    Please Help Havent played pokemon since silver

Ima soooo sorry to sound like a noob but i havent played a pokemon game since silver and gold for the gameboy
    but i was wondering how exactly do i get event pokemon i got torchic because it gave me instructions in the game box.
    but how do i get the other event pokemon? and again im sorry to sound like a noob.

Thank you.

Bestintheworld

Capo de tutti capo
    Years
  • There's no event pokemon available currently, but when they are the directions on how to collect should be easily found, most likely similar to the torchic event or a gamestop event

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Ima soooo sorry to sound like a noob but i havent played a pokemon game since silver and gold for the gameboy
    but i was wondering how exactly do i get event pokemon i got torchic because it gave me instructions in the game box.
    but how do i get the other event pokemon? and again im sorry to sound like a noob.

Thank you.

To download event Pokémon, all you need to know is how to use Mystery Gift. :] If you still need full step-by-step instructions, then you should try looking them up online—many sites have them.

By the way, I'm merging your topic with X/Y Quick Q&A. For any further questions, please don't create threads; post replies here instead.

Merged.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back