• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Oh, that's why I never knew. I've never cared for the Global Link at all.

Really? so being able to cash in your Pokemiles for half price Rare Candies, PP Ups, Max Revives, Full Restores or Heart Scales isn't enticement enough? That was all the convincing I needed!

How do you get Smoochum in Y?I had been trying in that place with the Abomasnow(forgot the name) with no avail.

Horde battles only. If you're having trouble running into hordes, use Honey or bring a Pokemon with Sweet Scent

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2017
    How do you get the other Mega Evolutions?

Having just finished playing Y, the only mega evolution's I managed to find (i.e. the stone they have to hold) was Charizard (which was given to me), Lucario (again, given to me) and Abomasnow which I found in the Frosty Cavern.

Obviously there are various other Pokemon that can mega evolve, but where do you find the stones/items which allow them to mega evolve?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Some Mega Stones can be obtained post-game. Beat your rival in Kiloude (after doing the Battle Maison), then he/she will tell you that Prof. Sycamore will be waiting for you in Anistar in front of the sundial. He'll upgrade your Mega Ring to let you find the post-game Mega Stones scattered throughout Kalos (from 8-9 PM).

Mega Stone location list

Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2014
    Theres a guy in Lumiose city in the place that sells evolution stones and he will sell some to you, for a decent price if your style is high enough

Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2014
    help on breedin 5IV pokemon

So I figured how find out what you pokemon IVs are but I am having trouble breeding any 5 ivs eevees all I get most is 3iv outstanding overall any tips

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • How many IVs does your male have?

I found it immensely easier to breed a 6 IV Pokemon from another species to breed with my female Eevee until I got an Eevee with 5+ IVs.

Eevee is from the Field egg group, so look for one that has a high egg hatch rate and start there :)

If you aren't opposed to getting an Eevee from another trainer, there are plenty of 5 IV Eevee to be had.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2014
    For a Skill-Link Mega Heracross, which of these 4 moves should I choose for type coverage?

Pin Missile (Must)
    Close Combat (Must)
    Rock Blast
    Earthquake
    Bullet Seed

I am running Adamant with 252 Att/252 Speed/6 HP so I'm after pure damage/type coverage here folks.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    For a Skill-Link Mega Heracross, which of these 4 moves should I choose for type coverage?

Pin Missile (Must)
    Close Combat (Must)
    Rock Blast
    Earthquake
    Bullet Seed

I am running Adamant with 252 Att/252 Speed/6 HP so I'm after pure damage/type coverage here folks.

Well since the first two moves are chosen, DEFINITELY choose Rock Blast as that covers it's 4X weakness to flying types, and then probably Earthquake to cover it's weakness to Fire types

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Do the restaurants at Lumoise City allow you to fill up your dex for encountering Pokémon you haven't seen yet, or is it like the Battle Maison?

BigSteve

Pokemon Bright Gold
    Years
  • <p>
    Theres a guy in Lumiose city in the place that sells evolution stones and he will sell some to you, for a decent price if your style is high enough
    </p><p> </p><p>I believe he sells you the one for the Pokémon of the type strong against your Kanto starter. I picked Bulba and he tried selling me Charizardite Y for $1,000,000</p><p> </p>

OffRoadSP

Still working on Sun & Moon...
    Years
  • OP: Another early in-game mega stone that's given to you that you missed was the Aerodactylite. One of the scientists in the fossil lab in Ambrette Town gives it to you after you return from Glittering Cave.

Years
  • <p></p><p> </p><p>I believe he sells you the one for the Pokémon of the type strong against your Kanto starter. I picked Bulba and he tried selling me Charizardite Y for $1,000,000</p><p> </p>
    That's right but he'll offer you the last one once you've purchased it. You also should increase your style so it will become cheaper. The price can go down to $10000 with max style.

iTeruri

iAm
    Years
  • A good rule of thumb is that Pokémon you see aren't registered if you don't gain experience from the battle. This rules out Link Battles, the Battle Institute and the Battle Maison.

Shitik

Generic Bio
    Years
  • Usually youtube has some explanations, I'll tell you one, in Laverre City there is a girl who gives you the Gengarite in X or something else in Y.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Okay, so can anyone provide actual picture evidence of the supposed hacked pokemon? I thought for sure that when people start talking about Level 5 Lugia and Ho Oh that that is definte proof of hacked pokemon getting through, HOWEVER, when it was brought to light that level 5 Lugia and Ho Oh ARE actually possible due to (I think) Dream Radar that bases levels of pokemon caught on the number of badges you have, and apparently 0 -1 badges can result in level 5 pokemon it turns out they ARE in fact legitimate, And other examples people have shown online are also disproven by going to sites like Serebii where they have moves from older games listed or all the event pokemon listed going back to 2003. Even the Level 10 Dittos that I also thought were hacked turns out you can find level 10 Dittos in Diamond and Pearl on Routes 34 and 35 at level 10 (Although admittedly the lv 1 Ditto HAS to be a hack, however, if that's the only hacked pokemon then that's pretty good! ;-) ). so does anyone have picture evidence of pokemon that are hacked, or is it just hearsay? (And yes, saying "I saw a hacked pokemon on the GTS that was hacked!" is actually the definition of hearsay! ;-) )

UseTheRNGLuke

The RNG is strong in this one.
    Years
    • Seen May 25, 2014
    Is there a pokemon that knows Trick Room and Explosion/selfdestruct?

I'm looking to make a Trick Room team and I need to get in a powerful but delicate sweeper. How many Pokemon can know both Trick Room and Explosion/Self-destruct?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back