• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miau

If I fits...
Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2022
    Trick Room + Selfdestruct, only Baltoy/Claydol. Trick Room + Explosion, quite a few:
    Spoiler:

This is what I used to figure it out: [LINK]. It lets you input moves and searches for the Pokemon who can learn those moves.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2014
    Accckkk! My pokemon are missing!

I'm missing two pokemon, a trick room khangaskhan I accidentally bred, and a shiny 5 IV metagross.....I believe both were in my battle box, just using to separate a few pokemon for quick access. I went to pull out my metagross to level, and the battle box is, empty. I've searched all my boxes multiple times, used the search option, nothing, its just gone.

Anyone else have this problem? Can I go deeper in the battle box, am I just a dummy? I'm freaking out, I traded two shinies for it, would be annoyed if its gone......only trade I have made since was to evo a Gengar. Someone please help!

Edit: could It be that I'm offline at work?

iTeruri

iAm
    Years
  • Try using the search function of the PC. You can access it by pressing on the magnifying glass. Search for their species, then tap on the icon with the arrows to have an overview of all your boxes, the one containing the Pokémon you've searched for should be highlighted.

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    Is there any tutor in the game that can teach ice punch? Like maison or one that takes shards?

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    Is there any tutor in the game that can teach ice punch? Like maison or one that takes shards?

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Trick Room + Selfdestruct, only Baltoy/Claydol. Trick Room + Explosion, quite a few:
    Spoiler:

This is what I used to figure it what: [LINK]. It lets you input moves and searches for the Pokemon who can learn those moves.

I don't know how good it is, I input "Mind Reader" and "Sheer Cold" and it said "No Pokémon found." so how many other move combinations is it missing? (And just for the curious, Smeargle and Articuno can learn this combination. Maybe more, but those two for sure)

For whatever reason there are very few move tutors in the game: https://www.serebii.net/xy/movetutor.shtml

But what pokemon do you want to learn ICe Punch? It may be an egg move.

Anyone use the Pledge moves? I was wanting to actually use these moves because of their combination effects, however it doesn't seem like there are enough special attackers to use them all. For the water and grass pledge moves there's plenty of special attackers to use them, but for Fire Pledge all the fire type starters seem to be Physical attackers. (Except for Charizard and Delphox, but I want Charizard to learn Blast Burn and Fennekin can't learn the pledge move at all apparently) so does anyone use these moves and if so, who did you put them on?

Anyone use the Pledge moves? I was wanting to actually use these moves because of their combination effects, however it doesn't seem like there are enough special attackers to use them all. For the water and grass pledge moves there's plenty of special attackers to use them, but for Fire Pledge all the fire type starters seem to be Physical attackers. (Except for Charizard and Delphox, but I want Charizard to learn Blast Burn and Fennekin can't learn the pledge move at all apparently) so does anyone use these moves and if so, who did you put them on?

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2014
    Check the daycare.

I Paniced like crazy when I was searching for my shiny Fennekin with good IV's. After realising I lost it, I went to the day care to try breed another one.

My Shiny Fennekin was right there. I felt like a right plonker :(

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2014
    Check the daycare.

I Paniced like crazy when I was searching for my shiny Fennekin with good IV's. After realising I lost it, I went to the day care to try breed another one.

My Shiny Fennekin was right there. I felt like a right plonker :(

.......I am a dummy. That is exactly where they are......idiot I am. Thank you.

Miau

If I fits...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2022
    I don't know how good it is, I input "Mind Reader" and "Sheer Cold" and it said "No Pokémon found." so how many other move combinations is it missing? (And just for the curious, Smeargle and Articuno can learn this combination. Maybe more, but those two for sure)

I am getting Articuno for Mind Reader + Sheer Cold, maybe you spelled it wrong? And it never shows Smeargle anyway, since it checks the Pokemon's actual learnset, it doesn't have move combinations memorized or anything like that.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023

For whatever reason there are very few move tutors in the game: https://www.serebii.net/xy/movetutor.shtml

But what pokemon do you want to learn ICe Punch? It may be an egg move.

Actual move tutors (Not the starter Move Tutors and Draco Meteor tutor) are never in the main release games. They don't come out until the next in series games come out. So you have to wait for what ever the next game is if we have one.

On that note, Fennekin can learn Fire Pledge. I have one with it. Your friendship has to be high I think in order to get it to learn the move, same with the Elemental Hyperbeams, the final stage isn't enough, you have to have nearly max Friendship for them to learn the moves.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Actual move tutors (Not the starter Move Tutors and Draco Meteor tutor) are never in the main release games. They don't come out until the next in series games come out. So you have to wait for what ever the next game is if we have one.

On that note, Fennekin can learn Fire Pledge. I have one with it. Your friendship has to be high I think in order to get it to learn the move, same with the Elemental Hyperbeams, the final stage isn't enough, you have to have nearly max Friendship for them to learn the moves.

Oh weird, I looked again and apparently the Serebii link I clicked was for Black and White, not X and Y, so that was the issue.

Speaking of moves, Does anyone know what the heck is the point of the move Hold Back? It's EXACTLY the same as False Swipe. (other than animation probably) It's teh same power, it's the same type, they're both physical, why one earth make two identical moves? If one was special and one was physical, or if one was normal and one was a type that could also affect ghost types or something, that's fine, but is there something I'm not seeing? Is there some secret to one and not the other? I can't see the point of having two identical moves unless there is some secret to the move.

And another thing, so any pokemon with the Classic or Premier ribbon cannot be traded on the GTS, but can they be traded with friends at least? (The same way Mega Stones cannot be traded on the GTS but it CAN be traded with friends) And I would ask if that also means any pokemon with the Classic or Premier ribbon cannot be sent to Pokebank but I don't think there's anyone on the forums from Japan who can answer that question.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Hold Back cannot be blocked by moves like Protect and Detect, apparently. Also, unlike False Swipe, this attack can't be copied with Mirror Move. There may be more differences, but this is all I know.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Oh weird, I looked again and apparently the Serebii link I clicked was for Black and White, not X and Y, so that was the issue.

Speaking of moves, Does anyone know what the heck is the point of the move Hold Back? It's EXACTLY the same as False Swipe. (other than animation probably) It's teh same power, it's the same type, they're both physical, why one earth make two identical moves? If one was special and one was physical, or if one was normal and one was a type that could also affect ghost types or something, that's fine, but is there something I'm not seeing? Is there some secret to one and not the other? I can't see the point of having two identical moves unless there is some secret to the move.

And another thing, so any pokemon with the Classic or Premier ribbon cannot be traded on the GTS, but can they be traded with friends at least? (The same way Mega Stones cannot be traded on the GTS but it CAN be traded with friends) And I would ask if that also means any pokemon with the Classic or Premier ribbon cannot be sent to Pokebank but I don't think there's anyone on the forums from Japan who can answer that question.

Transfer doesn't stop based on ribbon. We've always been able to transfer Pokemon with special ribbons so that won't change. As for moves that are exactly alike, they've had those since the beginning of Pokemon. Leer and Tail Whip do the exact same thing. Majority of the Normal typed Multi hit moves were all the same.

Hold Back cannot be blocked by moves like Protect and Detect, apparently. Also, unlike False Swipe, this attack can't be copied with Mirror Move. There may be more differences, but this is all I know.

Have you tested the Mirror Move thing cause that doesn't make sense. Only way Mirror Move fails to use an attack is if its a multi turn attack like Future Sight. If the move hits it automatically uses that move.

Oh they actually fixed the Multi turn issue apparently.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Transfer doesn't stop based on ribbon. We've always been able to transfer Pokemon with special ribbons so that won't change. As for moves that are exactly alike, they've had those since the beginning of Pokemon. Leer and Tail Whip do the exact same thing. Majority of the Normal typed Multi hit moves were all the same.

Have you tested the Mirror Move thing cause that doesn't make sense. Only way Mirror Move fails to use an attack is if its a multi turn attack like Future Sight. If the move hits it automatically uses that move.

Oh they actually fixed the Multi turn issue apparently.

oh good! At least transfer is safe, but does this also mean we can trade with friends at least? (like the Mega Stones thing) or is ALL trading just not possible with this ribbon?

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    oh good! At least transfer is safe, but does this also mean we can trade with friends at least? (like the Mega Stones thing) or is ALL trading just not possible with this ribbon?

The ribbon only locks out Random trading. GTS and Wonder Trade.

Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2014
    I honestly just would not trust it. Sometimes you might get lucky and get some legitimate people. Most of the times tho its people scamming or plain obliviousnss. Sometimes I advertise my pokemon if they are 4IV when I trade them but the message doesn't get erased next time you use gts so unless you deleted it it will still be there. It happened to me a couple times.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • A lot of the unreasonable requests are people that DON'T want you to trade with them. They are cloning their Pokemon and (I'm not sure how it works) they need to have the one they wish to clone on the GTS.

For the people claiming 5-6 IVs and hidden ability... yeah, avoid those.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back