• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

X/Y Wifi Team Help

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2013
    I'm in need on advice on a team for X/Y Wifi. I haven't even beat the main story yet; still ideas of my team are being planned.

These Pokemon will NOT be replaced. I know they are mediocre compared to others, but I'm using them because I like them. Movesets, IVs/EVs, nature and ability are completely flexible.

Aurorus @ Light Clay
    Snow Warning
    252 HP / 126 Def / 130 SpDef
    Calm/Bold
    -Reflect
    -Light Screen
    -Protect/Substitute
    -Blizzard

There's not much else I can do with Aurorus. It's very bulky but it has 6 weaknesses, 2 are 4x. This is the most viable set I could think of for it, it's a decent dual screener. I'm also hoping it gets Stealth Rock as an egg move, but until that is determined definitively I'll go with this. Would it's other ability and Ice Beam or Freeze Dry be better than Snow Warning with Blizzard?

Banette @ Banettite
    Prankster (mega ability)
    252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 Spd
    Adamant
    -Shadow Sneak
    -Protect
    -Destiny Bond
    -Sucker Punch/Phantom Force

I want to take advantage of Banette's ability. Unfortunately, other than Destiny Bond, I see little in it's movepool for status moves. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Delphox @ Fire/Psychic Gem
    Magician
    252 SpAtk / 126 Spd / 130 SpDef
    Modest
    -Switcheroo
    -Calm Mind
    -Mystical Fire/Flamethrower/Fire Blast
    -Psychic/Wish

I'm unsure about my Delphox. I like the secondary effect of Mystical Fire, especially when combined with SpDef EVs and Calm Mind. I think it can enable Delphox to effectively cripple the opponent while still allowing it to dish out some damage. But I also think Delphox could be a decent Special Sweep with it's other ability and Calm Mind. It's movepool isn't varied in type coverage, though.

So the above Pokemon are what I know I am going to use. Pokemon I have been considering are Zoroark as a special sweeper, Togekiss for paraflinch, Noivern for a special sweeper, Leafeon to baton pass Swords Dance, Sylveon as special wall or Umbreon as mixed wall. Belly Drum / Aqua Jet Azumarill and spikes/stealth rock Smeargle might be fun as well. I'm primarily looking for a balanced team that would go well with the Pokemon I know I want to use.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Limited knowledge of competitive play so not sure how much help I can be, which is why I won't comment really about the movesets.

Couple things though:
    The gems, to my knowledge are not available.
    You might want a Rapid Spinner or the less common Magic Bouncer, since a lot of your Pokemon and potential Pokemon are weak to Stealth Rock.
    If you use Leafeon to Baton Pass, it doesn't look like you have much to pass to. Your only physical threat is Azumarill, which Belly Drums.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2013
    Limited knowledge of competitive play so not sure how much help I can be, which is why I won't comment really about the movesets.

Couple things though:
    The gems, to my knowledge are not available.
    You might want a Rapid Spinner or the less common Magic Bouncer, since a lot of your Pokemon and potential Pokemon are weak to Stealth Rock.
    If you use Leafeon to Baton Pass, it doesn't look like you have much to pass to. Your only physical threat is Azumarill, which Belly Drums.

I was thinking of baton passing to Banette and any other physical attacking Pokemon I would add.

Espeon with Magic Bounce is a good idea, but I already have a psychic type and a dual screener, which is basically what Espeon does.

I'm pretty sure I can find gems in caves, but I'll have to check.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Aurorus' terrible defensive typing holds it back from any support role. Klefki does it better because of Prankster:
    -Reflect
    -Light Screen
    -Spikes
    -Foul Play/Dazzling Gleam/Play Rough
    Nature: Calm/Careful
    EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 SDef
    Item: Light Clay
    Ability: Prankster

Banette's support move pool is wide, though that movepool didn't match up with its glass cannon stats in past generations:
    -Shadow Claw/Knock Off
    -Taunt
    -Will-o-Wisp
    -Destiny Bond
    Nature: Careful
    EVs: 252 HP/40 Def/216 SDef
    Item: Banettite
    Ability: Frisk (changed to Prankster upon Mega Evolution)

or
    -Phantom Force
    -Sucker Punch
    -Destiny Bond
    -Taunt/Will-o-Wisp
    Nature: Admant/Brave
    EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Def
    Ability: Frisk

Delphox isn't that good, honestly, but as Flush'd mentioned, the only Gem available is Normal Gem:
    -Calm Mind
    -Fire Blast/Flamethrower
    -Psyshock/Psychic
    -Grass Knot
    Nature: Timid
    EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe
    Item: Leftovers/Life Orb
    Ability: Blaze

or
    -Fire Blast/Flamethrower
    -Psychic/Psyshock
    -Grass Knot
    -Switcheroo
    Item: Choice Specs/Choice Scarf

You also need a Rapid Spinner on the team, due to this team's hazard vulnerability. Starmie or Excadrill can do this:

Starmie:
    -Hydro Pump/Surf
    -Thunderbolt/Psyshock
    -Ice Beam
    -Rapid Spin
    EVs: 252 SAtk/4 SDef/252 Spe
    Item: Life Orb/Leftovers
    Ability: Natural Cure

or
    -Scald
    -Rapid Spin
    -Psyshock/Ice Beam/Thunderbolt
    -Recover
    EVs: 248 HP/32 Def/4 SAtk/224 Spe
    Item: Leftovers

Excadrill:
    -Earthquake
    -Rock Slide
    -Rapid Spin
    -Shadow Claw/Swords Dance
    Nature: Adamant
    EVs: 252 Atk/4 SDef/252 Spe
    Item: Assault Vest/Leftovers/Life Orb/Air Balloon
    Ability: Mold Breaker

Zoroark was shafted terribly in the generation shift, due to its Fairy weakness, so I'd rather not use it for now.

Sylveon is the better wall over Umbreon, IMO, since it can hit harder than Umbreon can if it's forced to attack:
    -Wish
    -Protect
    -Moonblast
    -Shadow Ball/Hidden Power (Fire)
    Nature: Bold
    EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef
    Ability: Cute Charm

or
    -Calm Mind
    -Moonblast
    -Shadow Ball
    -Hidden Power (Fire)
    Nature: Modest
    EVs: 252 HP/252 SAtk/4 Spe

If you have no physical sweepers besides BellyJet Azumarill, don't bother with Leafeon. Speaking of Azumarill:
    -Belly Drum
    -Aqua Jet
    -Play Rough
    -Waterfall/Superpower
    Item: Lum Berry/Sitrus Berry/Mystic Water/Splash Plate
    Ability: Huge Power

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2013
    Aurorus' terrible defensive typing holds it back from any support role. Klefki does it better because of Prankster:
    -Reflect
    -Light Screen
    -Spikes
    -Foul Play/Dazzling Gleam/Play Rough
    Nature: Calm/Careful
    EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 SDef
    Ability: Prankster

Banette's support move pool is wide, though that movepool didn't match up with its glass cannon stats in past generations:
    -Shadow Claw/Knock Off
    -Taunt
    -Will-o-Wisp
    -Destiny Bond
    Nature: Careful
    EVs: 252 HP/40 Def/216 SDef
    Ability: Frisk (changed to Prankster upon Mega Evolution)

or
    -Phantom Force
    -Sucker Punch
    -Destiny Bond
    -Taunt/Will-o-Wisp
    Nature: Admant/Brave
    Ability: Frisk

Delphox isn't that good, honestly, but as Flush'd mentioned, the only Gem available is Normal Gem:
    -Calm Mind
    -Fire Blast/Flamethrower
    -Psyshock/Psychic
    -Grass Knot

or
    -Fire Blast/Flamethrower
    -Psychic/Psyshock
    -Grass Knot
    -Switcheroo
    Item: Choice Specs/Choice Scarf

You also need a Rapid Spinner on the team, due to this team's hazard vulnerability. Starmie or Excadrill can do this:

Starmie:
    -Hydro Pump/Surf
    -Thunderbolt/Psyshock
    -Ice Beam
    -Rapid Spin
    EVs: 252 SAtk/4 SDef/252 Spe
    Item: Life Orb/Leftovers

or
    -Scald
    -Rapid Spin
    -Psyshock/Ice Beam/Thunderbolt
    -Recover
    EVs: 248 HP/32 Def/4 SAtk/224 Spe

Excadrill:
    -Earthquake
    -Rock Slide
    -Rapid Spin
    -Shadow Claw/Swords Dance
    EVs: 252 Atk/4 SDef/252 Spe
    Item: Assault Vest/Leftovers/Life Orb/Air Balloon
    Ability: Mold Breaker

Zoroark was shafted terribly in the generation shift, due to its Fairy weakness, so I'd rather not use it for now.

Sylveon is the better wall over Umbreon, IMO, since it can hit harder than Umbreon can if it's forced to attack:
    -Wish
    -Protect
    -Moonblast
    -Shadow Ball/Hidden Power (Fire)
    Nature: Bold
    EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef

or
    -Calm Mind
    -Moonblast
    -Shadow Ball
    -Hidden Power (Fire)
    EVs: 252 HP/252 SAtk/4 Spe

If you have no physical sweepers besides BellyJet Azumarill, don't bother with Leafeon. Speaking of Azumarill:
    -Belly Drum
    -Aqua Jet
    -Play Rough
    -Waterfall/Superpower
    Item: Lum Berry/Sitrus Berry/Mystic Water/Splash Plate
    Ability: Huge Power
    It's like you didn't read my post at all. This isn't my main team to use the best possible Pokemon to beat people with. I have one of those planned already. This is just the team I'm using to have fun using Pokemon I like. I said I'm not replacing Aurorus. You literally just recited exactly what I said about Aurorus- I know it has terrible defensive typing but I'm using it anyway. I might try to turn it into an attacker and use Espeon for dual screening and magic bounce. But that's about it.

Why would I not put Shadow Sneak on Banette? It's priority and Banette has very high attack.

And I totally didn't know about the Fire/psychic gems. Delphox can't get burned, right? What if I used a Blaze Delphox with flame orb and Switcheroo and passed it on?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • It's like you didn't read my post at all. This isn't my main team to use the best possible Pokemon to beat people with. I have one of those planned already. This is just the team I'm using to have fun using Pokemon I like. I said I'm not replacing Aurorus. You literally just recited exactly what I said about Aurorus- I know it has terrible defensive typing but I'm using it anyway. I might try to turn it into an attacker and use Espeon for dual screening and magic bounce. But that's about it.

Why would I not put Shadow Sneak on Banette? It's priority and Banette has very high attack.

And I totally didn't know about the Fire/psychic gems. Delphox can't get burned, right? What if I used a Blaze Delphox with flame orb and Switcheroo and passed it on?

Sorry for missing that point. Just use Aurorus as an attacker; its defensive typing is too weak for any sort of support role:
    -Nature Power (becomes Tri Attack in Wi-Fi battles)
    -Ancient Power
    -Freeze Dry/Thunderbolt
    -Encore
    EVs: 252 HP/252 SAtk/4 SDef

Espeon:
    -Reflect
    -Light Screen
    -Psychic/Psyshock
    -Baton Pass/Hidden Power (Fire)/Dazzling Gleam
    EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 Spe
    Ability: Magic Bounce

Shadow Sneak is still weak, even after STAB. That's why Sucker Punch is Mega Banette's preferred priority. Look:
    STAB neutral Shadow Sneak: 40 x 1.5 = 60
    unSTABed neutral Sucker Punch: 80

If you want to have Mega Banette use support moves while posing an offensive threat, use the second Mega Banette set I posted.

I'd rather stick to Switcheroo'ing Choice items, tbh, as it cripples walls. Delphox itself could use the extra Speed/power granted by Specs/Scarf as well.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Aurorus (and Amaura) are friggin' adorable.

Freeze Dry is preferable to Thunderbolt so it doesn't get walled by ground types (who also resist Ancient Power). It even has the added bonus of being super-effective against water types and getting STAB. Refrigerate is also the better ability here: the hail isn't doing anything for anyone else on the team, and Frigerate should give STAB to Nature Power turned Tri-Attack. Also, I don't think Encore's a good idea; Aurorus isn't gonna get a lot of opprotunities to use it due to its awful defensive typing. I think Thunder Wave (it gets a lotta electric moves for some reason) or maybe Psychic is better. And since it is running 4 attack moves (assuming you take my advice), Assault Vest is an option.

For your last 2 slots, I say go with Azumarill and Togekiss. Belly Drum Azumarill is a monster if it gets Belly Drum off, and paraflinch Togekiss, if its anything like paraflinch Jirachi, is borderline hilarious.

Last edited:
    Back