• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Xbox-Red Rings of Death

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
Years
  • Have you had to have your Xbox replaced because of the "Red Rings of Death"?

We had ours replaced three times within one year.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • I've gotten it twice within the last year, and have sent it in for repairs both times. My 360 still acts up from time to time, but no red ring since then. My warranty is up so I'm screwed if I get it again.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Not at all.
    I got it back in '08 and I never had a single problem, apart from the 360 not reading discs.
    Even then, I just wiped the back and put it back in.

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
  • My friend in AZ had it so many times, his roommate figured out a solution that was cheaper than sending things back into Microsoft (because it never happens until after your warranty is expired, it seems).

I haven't gotten it myself, but I haven't been spurred to play my 360 in half a year.

Bolanboy

ǝpısdn uʍop
    Years
  • I got it once after I updated for Fable 2. I fuuuu'd so hard. Although using the towel trick it worked perfectly for another day or two, but eventually had to send it back and they replaced it with a new one, which has worked fine since. This happened around 10 months ago because I uploaded a youtube video of when my 360 was messing up and turned Fable 2 green. =/

.Bullet

My Valentine
    Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2010
    I had the RROD back last year, but I restarted the console and haven't gotten it since. Call it weird, but it's true.

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
    Years
  • I havent because I got mine last year when they fixed the RRoD problem completely. I know some friends who got it before though.

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    I've had my an Xbox for three years and I haven't gotten it once. I have gotten HDD issues and E74 errors though.

XCHAMPX

Nazi 4 life!
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2010
    Happened to me once and im always careful about keeping it on to long now

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2010
    Ive got the ROD twice so far once back in 07 and again last year at Christmas =(

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • It's happened twice on my brother's 360 (used to be the only 360 in the house until a few months ago). The first time it happened was back when the "Fall Update" thing went on (back when it bricked a lot of 360s). The second time was a month before getting my PS3 (June of 2008).
    Gotten a fair share of "Insert Disc" things. But other then that it's been ok *knocks on wood*.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • Mine's crapped out two times, so I hope it does a third time before my warranty expires and I'm forced to pay for the repair. XD

Back