• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Xbox Tech Support problems

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Well, no he's not. The people who hire some un-educated Indian people and stick them in a call centre, and the idiots who can't build a proper Xbox, they're pricks.

Seriously, am I cursed, or does everybody else's Xbox360 break?

I know they all broke within a year of the release. But I got mine in December '06, so it shouldn't be too bad.

So, after 1 year and 2 months, it broke. I sent it away. It broke again. I sent it away.

It had now worked non-stop for 3 years, until yesterday. Yesterday it started freezing. Today, I got:

-freezing.
    -blank screen.
    -3 red lights.
    -2 red lights.
    -1 red light.

And it also shut itself off after I'd eventually figured out how to get the Hard Drive disconnected before restarting it myself, no thanks to the useless woman on the phone.

So, have you guys all had 100s of problems with your consoles aswell?

Or am I just cursed?

Because I know about 40 people who have Xbox360s, and none of theirs have even broke once. Yet mine broke 3 times.

I would wait and get a PS3 later this year (I have a Wii, and all I like about it is the BBC iPlayer app for it.), but PS3 controllers are uncomfortable, despite the free internet, I just don't want one.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    Wow, that's such a bad experience that you've had! I'm planning on getting the new 360 250GB coming out next month. Hopefully, I won't have the same problems as you. If your warranty is still on, all you can do is keep sending it off, I'm afraid. It is kinda weird though, all my friends who do have the 360 say it's build quality isn't too bad. Yeah one or two of them have had problems, but they sent it off and got it fixed and they ran as good as new.

Years
    The older 360s are very prone to hardware failure, and a lot of it's due to the motherboard they use. The ones from 2008/2009 on all have a new motherboard with a much lower failure rate.

If yours is an older system, Microsoft will not put in one of the new motherboard models when you send it in for warranty, it will merely replace it with a fresh one of the older model motherboard, since that's the specs you bought it with. Plus, the onboard OS would freak if the mobo model was swapped on it, and that would mean you probably would lose all your save files. And most Xbox warranties are only for 3 years.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    :/ Most 360s, especially ones as old as yours, are prone to crapping out. MS is usually pretty good about dealing with them, though. Mine's currently dead (trying to find the time to send it in for repair) and their online site was incredibly helpful for finding out the problem--I didn't even have to phone them to figure everything out and set up a repair. Have you tried online troubleshooting? :/

Tacogeddon

Pokemonidae
    Years
    Mine was manufactured in December '06 too, past the warranty, it kicked the bucket maybe about a half of a year ago, performed better than most up until then though.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    No, I haven't tried online troubleshooting.

It's out of warranty, by about 4 days, I got it extended somehow when it got repaired for the second time, I remember seeing it on the info that came with it, but the stupid ***** on the phone kept saying "I'm sorry Mr.Richard but your warranty is out and there is nothing I can do for you!" then hung up.

I'm guessing it's probably the motherboard.....that thing crapped out the first time we switched it on (my wise parents tested it before christmas, and it broke, so I got it for Chinese New Year xD), then twice more when it was still in warranty, so it's probably a motherboard problem this time too.

It's a shame I couldn't just say "I don't care about my save files, I wanna working Xbox!", coz most of it's automated.

And, sadly, my parents refuse to get me a new one, of repair it, as we're getting the house extended and they blew tons of money on a useless architect who the planning permission commitee hated, so we had to go to a different architect just to be allowed to build.....and also because my phone broke.again.

I think everything I touch manufactured by Microsoft or Sony Ericsson seems to break, actually. Which is why I stopped touching my computer screen xD

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
    I think everything I touch manufactured by Microsoft or Sony Ericsson seems to break, actually. Which is why I stopped touching my computer screen xD

Well, as they say, "Microsoft Works" is an oxymoron. ;)

I don't have an XBox, but I can imagine the frustration of it continually crapping out on you. I have a nearly 10 year old laptop made by Toshiba, and despite countless crashes and viruses (the left clicker is broken off and the hole covered with electrical tape), I've gotten it to point where it still works. It has absolutely no memory, but it still works! haha

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Lol.

I have a Toshiba laptop. It does the job. Cept the mouse clicks on stuff randomly, doesn't unclick, randomly, and highlights **** and deletes it all the time, particularly when I'm typing.

shot571

I reckon you should get a ps3. Better than xbox anyway.Plus you can get unofficial controllers of ebay that are shaped like xbox ones although i find ps3 controllers pretty comfortable

shot571

Oh yeah good point. Still if you can sell it and dont mind the saved data going I dont see anything wrong with a ps3.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
    Bill Gates has a multi-billion dollar charity that helps millions of people worldwide.

I do most of my gaming on PC, but if I had to pick a console I prefer, it would be the PS3, since there's no monthly subscription fee for online gaming and it has a lot of the games I play on PC.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    PS3 has some nice features....but games I love:

Tom Clancy's HAWX
    Forza Motorsport 3 Limited Edition - that one cost me £45.

Therefore, I'm not gonna get a PS3. I was just wondering if it was common for Xbox360s to be complete FAIL, and whether the new ones are any better.

Years
    PS3 has some nice features....but games I love:

Tom Clancy's HAWX
    Forza Motorsport 3 Limited Edition - that one cost me £45.

Therefore, I'm not gonna get a PS3. I was just wondering if it was common for Xbox360s to be complete FAIL, and whether the new ones are any better.

The new 360s are far more stable than the older ones ever were, honestly.

shot571

well if you dont want to get a ps3. As much as it hurts me to help microsoft sell xbox's but you can wait for the slim xbox that should be pretty stable. seeing whats happened to yours i woulddnt reccommend repairing it.

HarrisonH

I doubt Pokemon will be a hit
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Feb 1, 2013
    There's really no proof of a Slim Xbox being released any time soon. A new 250GB Xbox was just released however, so if you're getting a new one, get that. If you can't afford it, get the Elite, which is now only $250.

With the new one out you can probably get a deal on used Xbox's too. I know when I get a job and upgrade to the new one I'll sell my Elite for $150.

Death_Mande

Avenged Sevenfold.
    Years
    I've been using my Elite since April 2009. It hasn't broken once, but it has shown me 3 red lights, maybe once or twice. Over heating I suppose, bought an intercooler for it, and it hasn't freaked out on me ever again. But my Friend's Xbox Arcade burned out, and he never fixed it. It somehow started working again, until a few days ago ^^ So yeah, I think your cursed. Good luck with that xD

Shanghai Alice

Exiled to Siberia
    Years
    Don't rage against Gates. Rage against Lucas. *Just saw The Phantom Menace again*

But, yeah, Gates pretty much stepped down. And that's what'cha get for buying an XBox.

Raaji

Back up, I got a stick!
    Years
    My old 05' xbox had RROD'd twice and my Elite had some weird unrepairable error but I bought an additional warranty from target in which they gave me a full refund. I got a 250gig Final Fantasy xbox with the money from that. Both xboxes have been doing fine.

Back