• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Script] XSE error 6, need help

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2022
    So im working on a romhack for pokemon firered and im editing the script and i keep getting the error 6 on line four and ive tried to find out why this is happening but i dont understand can someone help?

click to show code:
    Spoiler:

error: Error 6 "Overflow" on line 4
    line: setfarbyte 0x13 0x1310FE2E
    can anyone help?

Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2023
    `0x1310FE2E` is waaay too big a number for `setfarbyte`. That is the "overflow" it is talking about.

What are you actually trying to do?

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2022
    I was only changing pokemon names in the script for when the prof says "you choose {pokemon name}" i havnt changed anything else

Years
    • Seen today
    So im working on a romhack for pokemon firered and im editing the script and i keep getting the error 6 on line four and ive tried to find out why this is happening but i dont understand can someone help?

click to show code:
    Spoiler:

can anyone help?

The last set of movements is inserted at the same address as the first part of the script. When decompiling the script XSE reads the movements as commands and you end up with nonsense like "setfarbyte 0x13 0x5A6AFE2E".
    When editing scripts you should always insert the edited part of the script in free space to avoid issues like this.

Back