• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: XSE Helper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • This tool will let help make learning XSE easier.

It can also be used as a quick way to write simple scripts for XSE.

Quick Scripts:

> Message Box
    > Give Items
    > Give Pokemon
    > Apply movements
    > Warps
    > wildbattles
    > Trainer Battles
    > setting / clearing Flags.

Any Suggestions of what to add next would be greatly appreciated.
    its not finished, but it has all the commands above included.

Last edited:

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2011
    Sorry if I say that, but people that don't know much about scripting are supposed to read the tutorials and try themselves, rather than clicking a button or two.
    Otherwhise they will never really learn scripting. Script generators (or helpers, or whatever you want to call them) are not they way to go, in my opinion.

Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2024
    no offense bud, but this wont actually help hacker how to script, like HackMew said, we should learn to script and not just to push does boring button.. as my opinion, scripting with just a compiler is the best way to tell that you've learned something, at least..

Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2011
    Sorry if I say that, but people that don't know much about scripting are supposed to read the tutorials and try themselves, rather than clicking a button or two.
    Otherwhise they will never really learn scripting. Script generators (or helpers, or whatever you want to call them) are not they way to go, in my opinion.

i think hackmews right we should learn how to script im TRYING to learn now im not making as good progress as id like but im learning
    but i think this is a good idea for newbie hackers

Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2016
    Oh Cmon people! I learned how to script (First thing I learned, in fact) but I still think this is very useful, not only for newbs but for good scripters too. (Though I still think if you should learn scripting yourself, and not rely on tools... ESPECIALLY for scripting.)

This will help me a lot, thanks. Now I don't have to take the time to type up a script myself and can do it much more quickly.

Last edited:
    Years
  • alright maybe i was wrong about helping people learn it.
    I guess its main purpose now is to speed up making scripts.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Sorry if I say that, but people that don't know much about scripting are supposed to read the tutorials and try themselves, rather than clicking a button or two.

Oh Cmon people! I learned how to script (First thing I learned, in fact) but I still think this is very useful, not only for newbs but for good scripters too. (Though I still think if you should learn scripting yourself, and not rely on tools... ESPECIALLY for scripting.)

This will help me a lot, thanks. Now I don't have to take the time to type up a script myself and can do it much more quickly.

alright maybe i was wrong about helping people learn it.
    I guess its main purpose now is to speed up making scripts.
    All three of these posts are correct, even if seen as different.

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2010
    XSE in my opinion is the most simple scripters out there. If they can't understand how to do simple commands on that then they should review the tutorials again.

Years
  • Theres a difference between totally relying on a tool for scripting and using a tool to help you learn. If someone were to use this as their only method of scripting, then yes, they need to learn how to do it themselves. But if someone has been trying scripting for awhile and uses something like this every now and then to learn, I dont see an issue.

And just for clarification, let me sum up what I just said:

A tool like this is good as long as you arent lazy and use it constantly. This may help speed up the process of learning scrpting. I myself plan to test this and see how it goes, and once I get better at scripting, I;m getting rid of it so Im not tempted to use it as a crutch.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    no offense bud, but this wont actually help hacker how to script, like HackMew said, we should learn to script and not just to push does boring button.. as my opinion, scripting with just a compiler is the best way to tell that you've learned something, at least..
    That is correct, but in fact(don't flame me if I;m wrong), there are noobie hackers, that might be way too lazy to actually try to learn. Some just ask for help. So, this tool might solve most of the advanced scripters, from annoying, simple questions. I, for one, am NOT going to use this tool, as I'd rather learn myself..but may in fact help those new, lazy hackers.

Years
  • This tool will let help make learning XSE easier.
    False.

It can also be used as a quick way to write simple scripts for XSE.
    True.

Even though this doesn't teach you how to script, it may encourage you to learn how to script so you could use more advanced commands. It's a helpful tool for people who have started hacking, so they could see what scripting does, and learn themselves. People who don't want to learn how to script shouldn't use this tool at all, seeing as you can't complete a good hack with the few commands it has.

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
    Years
  • Sorry if I say that, but people that don't know much about scripting are supposed to read the tutorials and try themselves, rather than clicking a button or two.

i think hackmews right we should learn how to script im TRYING to learn now im not making as good progress as id like but im learning
    but i think this is a good idea for newbie hackers

XSE in my opinion is the most simple scripters out there. If they can't understand how to do simple commands on that then they should review the tutorials again.

Theres a difference between totally relying on a tool for scripting and using a tool to help you learn. If someone were to use this as their only method of scripting, then yes, they need to learn how to do it themselves. But if someone has been trying scripting for awhile and uses something like this every now and then to learn, I dont see an issue.

And just for clarification, let me sum up what I just said:

A tool like this is good as long as you arent lazy and use it constantly. This may help speed up the process of learning scrpting. I myself plan to test this and see how it goes, and once I get better at scripting, I;m getting rid of it so Im not tempted to use it as a crutch.

False.

True.

Even though this doesn't teach you how to script, it may encourage you to learn how to script so you could use more advanced commands. It's a helpful tool for people who have started hacking, so they could see what scripting does, and learn themselves. People who don't want to learn how to script shouldn't use this tool at all, seeing as you can't complete a good hack with the few commands it has.
    ***was
    I am a complete and total hacking noob. I looked through this program crawled around and stuff. Now i somewhat get it. Just thought i might point this out-Your program does not include the lock and face player commands. Also on the second label of a script eg applymovement @joe
    when ever you get to #dynamic @joe there ends up being a space in between joe and @ (wherein joe is the label of your script) and also you need to change message @joe to msgbox @joe. But seriously people this helped me a bunch! So much in fact i figured scripting bugs!This is a happy day for me. So happy i did a little jig in my room out of happiness punched myself in the nose (on accident i'm not some weird wacked out emo(mab i am wacked out but not emo k?) and the best part is... it worked!

Years
  • are. the
    lock
    faceplayer

i knew i forgot something!
    correct me if im wrong but arent message and msgbox the same thing?

Ill also fix the space problem.

Thanks for the feedback!

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
    Years
  • This is good for encouraging the learning of XSE. Using this for every single script would be an insult to people like thethethe who spent their time making tutorials for this sort of thing.

To be quite honest, I don't like this. People should learn by themselves. I needed some help today and someone offered to do it for me but I declined because I wanted to do it myself. It gives people a good feeling when they accomplish something by themselves. Guiding people is fine.

And threads like the script help thread do not just give people answers. They correct them.

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
    Years
  • But still its not a bad tool.
    not everyone is going to learn scripting easily so i think is cool that someone made a tool like this.

aeroshinobi

Pokémon Galaxy White Creator
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2009
    I can't seem to get this to work >.> when I try to open up the program it gives me the error:

The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135). Click on OK to terminate the application.

If that can't be fixed it's okay, as long as someone can point me to this guide HackMew mentioned.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2011
    I can't seem to get this to work >.> when I try to open up the program it gives me the error:

If that can't be fixed it's okay, as long as someone can point me to this guide HackMew mentioned.

You need the .NET framework in order to run this (kinda buggy) program.
    The guide comes with XSE, just check the zipped archive.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back