• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other✓] XSE Problem [ANSWERED]

AstralComet

PKMN-Trainer
Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2015
    As the Script Help Thread was closed for whatever reason, my only choice is to make a thread. Well, then let's go...

I'm working on a hack called FairyBlue, which is an emerald hack, and I've already made alot of progress. However, this script is not really working and I don't know why.

Spoiler:

Problems:
    -Once a text is closed, it repeats one time. After that, the script continues. (this applies for both texts)
    -The second applymovement doesn't works, it just skips to the hidesprite command.

I'd be happy if somebody could help me. Please, I really need help with it.

-AstralComet

P.S.: The showpokepic command is used to show a mugshot of the character.

Last edited:

Orifiel

Priestess
    Years
  • Code:
    #dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
    checkflag 0x205
    if 0x1 goto @nope
    lock
    applymovement 0x8 @1
    waitmovement 0x0
    showpokepic 0xFE 0x0 0x3
    msgbox @one 0x6
    closeonkeypress
    hidepokepic
    trainerbattle 0x3 0xA 0x0 [COLOR=Red]@before[/COLOR] @ze 
    showpokepic 0xFE 0x0 0x3
    msgbox @two 0x6
    closeonkeypress
    hidepokepic
    applymovement 0x8 @2
    [COLOR=Red]waitmovement 0x0[/COLOR]
    hidesprite 0x8
    setflag 0x205
    release
    end

#org @nope
    release
    end

#org @one
    = ???: Hey!\pGet out of my way!

[COLOR=Red]#org @before
    = Let's battle![/COLOR]

#org @ze
    = How...

#org @two
    = My name is Max.\pMy parents were kidnapped a few\nyears ago, and now I  am on a\ljourney to find the persons which\lkidnapped my parents. We'll  meet\lagain.

#org @1
    [COLOR=Red]#raw 0xA 
    #raw 0xA 
    #raw 0xA 
    #raw 0xA 
    #raw 0xA 
    #raw 0xA 
    #raw 0xA 
    #raw 0xA 
    #raw 0x8 
    #raw 0x8 
    #raw 0xFE[/COLOR]

#org @2
    [COLOR=Red]#raw 0xB 
    #raw 0x8 
    #raw 0x8 
    #raw 0xA 
    #raw 0xA 
    #raw 0xA 
    #raw 0xA 
    #raw 0xA 
    #raw 0xA 
    #raw 0xA 
    #raw 0xFE[/COLOR]

I tried to fix your script, and this what happened. Your movements (#raw) were typed wrongly. I don't know where you got that idea (#raw 0xB 0x8...) And the trainer battle read this from diegoisawesome's tut under spoiler on how it works.
    Spoiler:

Also the @ze, I assumed it's the after battle message so I added the @before message it's like when someone spots you like a normal trainer or talks before battle starts. It was just an example, you can change it.

Last edited:

AstralComet

PKMN-Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2015
    Well, the applymovement error was pretty stupid, and it is now fixed. However, I do not want that extra message to show up. Is there a way to avoid that message? This is really confusing as it worked several times for me with other scripts without having to use that ugly extra message. =\

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    Well, the applymovement error was pretty stupid, and it is now fixed. However, I do not want that extra message to show up. Is there a way to avoid that message? This is really confusing as it worked several times for me with other scripts without having to use that ugly extra message. =\

Do you mean each text is repeated twice? Did you see Orifiel's corrections?

msgbox @one 0x6
    callstd 0x4

This is what you're doing wrong. The text box's type is defined by the 0x6, and by writing callstd 0x4, it's like you're using the same text again with a text box type #4 after the #6 one. You should use closeonkeypress instead, if you actually want to hide the text box after the text shows up.

AstralComet

PKMN-Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2015
    Do you mean each text is repeated twice? Did you see Orifiel's corrections?

msgbox @one 0x6
    callstd 0x4

This is what you're doing wrong. The text box's type is defined by the 0x6, and by writing callstd 0x4, it's like you're using the same text again with a text box type #4 after the #6 one. You should use closeonkeypress instead, if you actually want to hide the text box after the text shows up.

Thank you for the great help. Sadly, the closeonkeypress command screwed up the script as it was used twice in a row (as it is also used for the showpokepic command). However, I used callstd 0x6 and everything worked perfectly. I just used the wrong callstd. I feel stupid xD

Whatever, thank you for the help!

Back