• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] XSE Tutorials?

Years
  • I'm not really sure if this is the right place for this forum but i'll go with it. Anyway, do you know of any tutorial series about XSE and Pokemon scripting in general? Because the idea I have for a ROM hack is going to require some heavy scripting and I'd like to be able to know how to do it myself rather than have someone do it for me.

Squeetz

ROM Hacker
    Years
  • I'm not really sure if this is the right place for this forum but i'll go with it. Anyway, do you know of any tutorial series about XSE and Pokemon scripting in general? Because the idea I have for a ROM hack is going to require some heavy scripting and I'd like to be able to know how to do it myself rather than have someone do it for me.
    A tutorial by Tajaros: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=279345
    You should really search for it before asking.

Deokishisu

Mr. Magius
    Years
  • While Tajaros' tutorial is a good starting point, diegoisawesome's tutorial gives better examples of more commands, and I feel it is more extensive. Reading Tajaros' first before moving on to diegoisawesome's if you literally know nothing about scripting would probably be the best bet. Link to the scripting tutorial.

You'll also want to study the scripts in the actual game. Doing that will teach you more than any of the tutorials ever will. Also, the Script Help Thread is here if you get stuck

But seriously, search before asking questions. I got all of these results by using the Pokecommunity's search function.

Back