• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

XSE vs. Pokéscript

The Void

hiiiii
Years
  • I use PKSV and personally prefer it to other scripting programs. But based on what other people said above, XSE is definitely better than PokeScript, nuff said. I only use PokeScript when I need to make a script neither PKSV nor XSE can create such as a special callasm script.

EDIT: Nah, I don't use PokeScript anymore lol. In fact I completely deleted it xD Waste of time and space.

Last edited:

shinyabsol1

Pokemon DarkJasper!?
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2022
    I never even considered using Pokéscript when I wanted to learn how to script. Not only did I find XSE first, but I came accross so many negative comments about Pokéscript (like the ones further up in this thread) that I didn't even look into it.

Why use a program that is widely regarded to be worse than another? It makes no sense.

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2019
    God
    Pokescript
    Go away

Seriously, XSE is really simple and easy to use, and if you make a mistake recreating a script is easy. You can repoint strings at a blazing pace, there's a useful text adjuster, events are easy to do...just everything about it superior, except where XSE can't create a script PokeScript can. Still not using it ever again :U

Back