• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Script✓] XSE won't compile

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2024
    when I edit a script, including shortening or lengthening it, it will revert back to it's original length

When I add a script, it will self delete immediately.

Getting very frustrated.

Using V1.1.1

I tried to move the script to the new free space in the 32MB rom, but when I try to use #org 0x1000000+, it throws a Bad Record Number in XSE

54 Views and no answer?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2024
    You'll just need to be patient I'm afraid, people will generally only answer if they think they can help =) anyway, are you sure you're compiling the correct way? Also, wouldn't recommend editing existing scripts.

0x1000000+ doesn't sound right either. Remember to count in hex when working with offsets. =)

Well, it is in HEX, those offsets. That's because it's a 32 MB rom.

1FFFFF4 is the highest for a 32 MB rom.

Also, goto 0x81000000 throws a type mismatch error as well. Does this mean that XSE is not as updated as we once thought?

Last edited:

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
    Years
  • when I edit a script, including shortening or lengthening it, it will revert back to it's original length

When I add a script, it will self delete immediately.

Getting very frustrated.

Using V1.1.1

While most tools are fine, make sure you don't have your ROM open in one that could be messing with your changes like a hex editor.

Well, it is in HEX, those offsets. That's because it's a 32 MB rom.

1FFFFF4 is the highest for a 32 MB rom.

Also, goto 0x81000000 throws a type mismatch error as well. Does this mean that XSE is not as updated as we once thought?

When you're working with any pointers over 16MB, you need to use the correct notation. For instance, if I wanted to point a script to 0x123456 I would write 'goto 0x8123456', but if I wanted to point to 0x1234567 I would write 'goto 0x9234567'. You just do basic addition with the pointer you want to the 0x8000000 base.

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
    Years
  • 0x9234567 is still beyond the ending of an expanded ROM (0x1FFFFFF) so no, you're not pointing there.

Here's an example script before and after compiling that uses the goto command beyond 0x1000000 to illustrate how it works.

Code:
    #dynamic 0x1234567

#org @start
    goto @continue

#org @continue
    end

Code:
    '---------------
    #org 0x1234567
    goto 0x923456E

'---------------
    #org 0x123456E
    end

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2019
    I'm having similar problems,

My XSE won't compile the chosen script

It says compiled in xxz seconds but doesn't give any offsets. Anyone had this issue before?

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
    Years
  • I'm having similar problems,

My XSE won't compile the chosen script

It says compiled in xxz seconds but doesn't give any offsets. Anyone had this issue before?

Click your 'show log' icon - Its the one that looks like a pen and paper next to the offset box at the top of XSE. Now whenever you compile a script, a box will pop up with the offsets to C+P into A-Map.

Back